Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Naked Britains !!!

Go down 
+3
Roger
George
thebritfarmer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

Naked Britains !!! Empty
PostSubject: Naked Britains !!!   Naked Britains !!! EmptyMon May 09, 2022 5:30 pm

Gotcha !! Laughing Laughing Laughing Just few Britains lead figures that were very paint worn. I am going to repaint them in the style of Britains, These are bare metal and you can see the detail in the individual castings. Just deciding whether to paint in enamels or acrylics the glass varnish, thoughts?

[Naked Britains !!! 20220510
Naked Britains !!! 20220512
Naked Britains !!! 20220511
Back to top Go down
thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

Naked Britains !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked Britains !!!   Naked Britains !!! EmptyMon May 09, 2022 5:38 pm

and here they are with a coat of primer.

Naked Britains !!! 20220514Naked Britains !!! 20220513Naked Britains !!! 20220515
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

Naked Britains !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked Britains !!!   Naked Britains !!! EmptyMon May 09, 2022 5:56 pm

Enamel would be closer to their original finish, if authentic restoration was the aim, but acrylics are infinitely easier to work with (dry quickly, cover well, don't run, wash out of your brushes with water), so they'd be my choice every time.

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Naked Britains !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked Britains !!!   Naked Britains !!! EmptyMon May 09, 2022 6:45 pm

What a nice nudist farm. Laughing
I have a naked camel but I surely wouldn't dare to paint it because I would ruin it completely.
Thus, I can't give you suggestions but I am curious to see how it works.

Jill

Country/State : USA

Naked Britains !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked Britains !!!   Naked Britains !!! EmptyMon May 09, 2022 7:17 pm

I like them in bare lead, that looks pretty neat, but I am sure they will also look really nice when you've restored them. I also have no suggestions, but can't wait to see them finished!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Naked Britains !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked Britains !!!   Naked Britains !!! EmptyTue May 10, 2022 2:16 am

Very special figures :)

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Naked Britains !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked Britains !!!   Naked Britains !!! EmptyTue May 10, 2022 2:27 am

I am no fan of repainting rare, old models, but wish you luck with your project Wink

thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

Naked Britains !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked Britains !!!   Naked Britains !!! EmptyThu May 12, 2022 3:40 pm

Here are the finished items. Naked Britains !!! 28069110
Naked Britains !!! 28076310
Naked Britains !!! 28072810
Back to top Go down
thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

Naked Britains !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked Britains !!!   Naked Britains !!! EmptyThu May 12, 2022 3:41 pm

Naked Britains !!! 28070110
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Naked Britains !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked Britains !!!   Naked Britains !!! EmptyThu May 12, 2022 7:03 pm

Oh, the pigs are phenomenal and it seems you followed the original layout, at least for that horse. Is it supposed to look like a mint new one?

thebritfarmer

Naked Britains !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked Britains !!!   Naked Britains !!! EmptyThu May 12, 2022 7:21 pm

Thanks Roger, yes I was going for a brand new look :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Naked Britains !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked Britains !!!   Naked Britains !!! EmptyThu May 12, 2022 7:24 pm

thebritfarmer wrote:

OK, giving back the original dignity to these old monuments. cheers

thebritfarmer

Naked Britains !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked Britains !!!   Naked Britains !!! EmptyThu May 12, 2022 7:27 pm

Roger wrote:
thebritfarmer wrote:

:) Imagine going to the toyshop as seeing all the new and shiny animals for sale. I was going to paint the pigs to match the lying down sow with piglets and paint and the two smaller ones as saddlebacks but I wanted to remain true to how Britains painted their figures.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Naked Britains !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked Britains !!!   Naked Britains !!! EmptyFri May 13, 2022 5:59 am

thebritfarmer wrote:
Roger wrote:
thebritfarmer wrote:

:) Imagine going to the toyshop as seeing all the new and shiny animals for sale.  I was going to paint the pigs to match the lying down sow with piglets and paint and the two smaller ones as saddlebacks but I wanted to remain true to how Britains painted their figures.

Really nice, I think the horse gives perfectly this impression since it is a darker figure. This is like restoring and preserves a genuine feeling to the piece.

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

Naked Britains !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked Britains !!!   Naked Britains !!! EmptyFri May 13, 2022 11:43 am

Beautiful repaints! It's nice that you matched the original painting so closely.

SUSANNE wrote:
I am no fan of repainting rare, old models, but wish you luck with your project Wink

I am the same, but old Britains are often in such a terrible condition that it is difficult to enjoy them. Many are not so rare and then it's worth bringing them back to "toyshop condition".

Feeding horses are quite uncommon, for example, Britains didn't make any in plastic. Good to have one in metal.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

Naked Britains !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked Britains !!!   Naked Britains !!! EmptyMon May 16, 2022 7:10 pm

These are great! If you showed me just the finished products and told me they were original I would have believed it. The horse is very elegant. :)
Back to top Go down
thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

Naked Britains !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked Britains !!!   Naked Britains !!! EmptyMon May 16, 2022 7:51 pm

Thanks Jill :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Naked Britains !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked Britains !!!   Naked Britains !!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Naked Britains !!!
Page 1 of 1