Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Old meets young - Okapi by Elastolin meets friends by Bullyland, CollectA, Safari and Schleich

Go down 
+7
Taos
widukind
Joliezac
Jill
Roger
thebritfarmer
75senta75
11 posters
AuthorMessage
75senta75

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

Old meets young - Okapi by Elastolin meets friends by Bullyland, CollectA, Safari  and Schleich Empty
PostSubject: Old meets young - Okapi by Elastolin meets friends by Bullyland, CollectA, Safari and Schleich   Old meets young - Okapi by Elastolin meets friends by Bullyland, CollectA, Safari  and Schleich EmptyFri May 20, 2022 11:58 pm

flower  A meeting of six okapis. The youngest is CollectA's okapi calf from 2012, the oldest one is about 72 years old, it´s the Elastolin okapi.  flower

flower  Here they all came together for a group picture. flower

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

flower  Elastolin okapi from 1950 with the family from Bullyland from 2012.

flower Elastolin okapi and friend by Schleich from 2007 and CollectA calf from 2012.

flower Elastolin okapi meets now it´s friend by Safari from 1999.

flower All together with a little kind of walk Around.

flower  flower  flower  flower  flower  flower  flower  flower  flower  flower  flower  flower  flower  flower  flower

Last edited by 75senta75 on Sat May 21, 2022 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

Old meets young - Okapi by Elastolin meets friends by Bullyland, CollectA, Safari  and Schleich Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old meets young - Okapi by Elastolin meets friends by Bullyland, CollectA, Safari and Schleich   Old meets young - Okapi by Elastolin meets friends by Bullyland, CollectA, Safari  and Schleich EmptySat May 21, 2022 12:26 am

Very nice, I think the Elastolin is my favourite and I also like the adult by Bullyland
Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Old meets young - Okapi by Elastolin meets friends by Bullyland, CollectA, Safari and Schleich   Old meets young - Okapi by Elastolin meets friends by Bullyland, CollectA, Safari  and Schleich EmptySat May 21, 2022 12:28 am

thebritfarmer wrote:
Very nice, I think the Elastolin is my favourite and I also like the adult by Bullyland

Thank´s. Yes, I also like best the Elastolin okapi and the adult one by Bullyland.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Old meets young - Okapi by Elastolin meets friends by Bullyland, CollectA, Safari and Schleich   Old meets young - Okapi by Elastolin meets friends by Bullyland, CollectA, Safari  and Schleich EmptySat May 21, 2022 12:52 am

It is wonderful to see a classic subject on our forum again! Very Happy
Yvette, you know I love these topics. flower
Elastolin is really a very special model. I agree about the Bullyland too. It is by far the most poetic of all okapi models.
I think we've been lucky with okapi figures, they're all tendencially very good, maybe Safari's is the less popular with its unusual dark face but it is a figure with its own charm.

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Old meets young - Okapi by Elastolin meets friends by Bullyland, CollectA, Safari and Schleich   Old meets young - Okapi by Elastolin meets friends by Bullyland, CollectA, Safari  and Schleich EmptySat May 21, 2022 2:09 am

I love these, they are all great looking models, and so different. For sheer charisma, I agree with everyone - the Elastolin wins. I think the Safari is my other favorite - that tongue! The face is too dark, yes, but it's a good face other than that. Though I think I like the Schleich ears best. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Old meets young - Okapi by Elastolin meets friends by Bullyland, CollectA, Safari and Schleich   Old meets young - Okapi by Elastolin meets friends by Bullyland, CollectA, Safari  and Schleich EmptySat May 21, 2022 3:42 am

I absolutely adore okapis.. one of my favorites! They are just so beautiful yet funny-looking, yet cute at the same time Laughing

I really love those Bullyland models, probably the best out of all of them in my opinion. A shame I don't have them in my collection!

Schleich's 2019 female okapi was a very exciting model, I really love that one too.

Its very interesting to see how these vary from the years and from different brands cheers

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Old meets young - Okapi by Elastolin meets friends by Bullyland, CollectA, Safari and Schleich   Old meets young - Okapi by Elastolin meets friends by Bullyland, CollectA, Safari  and Schleich EmptySat May 21, 2022 1:41 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Old meets young - Okapi by Elastolin meets friends by Bullyland, CollectA, Safari and Schleich   Old meets young - Okapi by Elastolin meets friends by Bullyland, CollectA, Safari  and Schleich EmptySat May 21, 2022 6:16 pm

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Old meets young - Okapi by Elastolin meets friends by Bullyland, CollectA, Safari and Schleich   Old meets young - Okapi by Elastolin meets friends by Bullyland, CollectA, Safari  and Schleich EmptySat May 21, 2022 10:35 pm

Beautiful comparison of the old and new. I am always amazed at the quality of the Elastolin composition models, they are real masterpieces.

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Old meets young - Okapi by Elastolin meets friends by Bullyland, CollectA, Safari and Schleich   Old meets young - Okapi by Elastolin meets friends by Bullyland, CollectA, Safari  and Schleich EmptySat May 21, 2022 10:37 pm

Thank you Roger, Jill, Jolie and Andreas for your comments.

Roger: The Bullyland Okapi is really extraordinary, also because of the many details in the structure, shape and posture. Smile

Jill: A truly charismatic figure who, even after 70, can still keep up with the younger generation. flower Wink

Jolie: Even here in Germany, the Bullyland okapi has become very rare. Every now and then, however, it appears on Ebay. It´s probably one of the most beautiful figures by Bullyland.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Old meets young - Okapi by Elastolin meets friends by Bullyland, CollectA, Safari and Schleich   Old meets young - Okapi by Elastolin meets friends by Bullyland, CollectA, Safari  and Schleich EmptySun May 22, 2022 12:49 am

This is a great topic! Although it does remind me that I missed out on the Bully okapi and calf...  Crying or Very sad

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Old meets young - Okapi by Elastolin meets friends by Bullyland, CollectA, Safari and Schleich   Old meets young - Okapi by Elastolin meets friends by Bullyland, CollectA, Safari  and Schleich EmptySun May 22, 2022 12:54 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
This is a great topic! Although it does remind me that I missed out on the Bully okapi and calf...  Crying or Very sad

The same for me but I remember why it happened. When this okapi was released, the market suffered a huge boom of new great models and certainly we couldn't get them all. CollectA was especially active. When I watched this topic, my first thought was exactly to think how I could miss it. Sleep

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Old meets young - Okapi by Elastolin meets friends by Bullyland, CollectA, Safari and Schleich   Old meets young - Okapi by Elastolin meets friends by Bullyland, CollectA, Safari  and Schleich EmptySun May 22, 2022 1:24 am

Roger wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

The same for me but I remember why it happened. When this okapi was released, the market suffered a huge boom of new great models and certainly we couldn't get them all. CollectA was especially active. When I watched this topic, my first thought was exactly to think how I could miss it. Sleep

I missed on the giraffe pair and asiatic black bear pair also, but have since tracked them down. Only this lovely okapi duo eludes me still. Someday though! We should all have them. Wink

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Old meets young - Okapi by Elastolin meets friends by Bullyland, CollectA, Safari and Schleich   Old meets young - Okapi by Elastolin meets friends by Bullyland, CollectA, Safari  and Schleich EmptyThu May 26, 2022 5:50 am

I love these kind of topics, I love Okapis..and now I love this new topic from Yvette ! cheers
It is made in a perfect way !
Thank you my friend !

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Old meets young - Okapi by Elastolin meets friends by Bullyland, CollectA, Safari and Schleich   Old meets young - Okapi by Elastolin meets friends by Bullyland, CollectA, Safari  and Schleich EmptyThu May 26, 2022 10:17 am

Wonderful pictures of wonderful models of a wonderful amimal I love you I love you

I love each and every one of them, but of course there is extra charm by a model app as ancien as myself cheers

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old meets young - Okapi by Elastolin meets friends by Bullyland, CollectA, Safari and Schleich   Old meets young - Okapi by Elastolin meets friends by Bullyland, CollectA, Safari  and Schleich Empty

Back to top Go down

Old meets young - Okapi by Elastolin meets friends by Bullyland, CollectA, Safari and Schleich
Page 1 of 1