Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yea I did a thing xD

Go down 
+2
landrover
Tylosaurus
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tylosaurus

Tylosaurus

Country/State : Dirksland, The Netherlands

Yea I did a thing  xD Empty
PostSubject: Yea I did a thing xD   Yea I did a thing  xD EmptyThu May 26, 2022 5:48 pm

Hey all :)

It has been a looong time that I made any decent post here, but I just hope all you all been doing well I just had Covid Omicron, it stuck around for two and a half weeks it was no joy ride either as this consitent cough I have now will remain for an extra 6 a 7 weeks the doctor said, it's the damage covid caused...
Being a lung patient I do feel more tired than usual, so yea what ever it takes I'll get through tho not to worry.

But yea, here I come from a distant grave and as I posted at the DTF< I thought oh yea lets do STS as well  cheers  lol!
So yea, I bought four new Dinus ... long story short my best RL friend called them Dinus and now my entire community calls them this so don't take it too seriously  xD ;D

Anyways major thanks to my friend Mike Walley and his awesome staff for helping me out with the following batch!

Collecta Deluxe Acrocanthosaurus --> Acro doe!  Laughing
Yea I did a thing  xD Acrodoeooj5o

PNSO Gamba the Carcharodontosaurus Dinosaur Model --> Carchar doe
Yea I did a thing  xD Carchardoec3krk

Eofauna Giganotosaurus --> Giggie doe
Yea I did a thing  xD Giggiedoeu2kyo

PNSO Qichuan the Tuojiangosaurus --> Tuojiango doe
Yea I did a thing  xD Tuojiangodoexgks8

What I'll do is make a review of every Dinu I bought there, as I have done with my Boeing 747 reviews at DA.C I will try to make high res and detailed photo's, but since it's been so long I posted here, I kind of forgot where to make topics for these.
But yea it's great to be back even it's somewhat strange fr that part, even it should not be but do expect to see more Dinu reviews coming from my end, I really missed doing these.

DINUS! Dinus 4 Life yaaas. lol!

landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Yea I did a thing xD   Yea I did a thing  xD EmptyFri May 27, 2022 2:31 am

I am very glad that your health is improving and the collection helps to relax the mind.

cheers cheers

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Yea I did a thing xD   Yea I did a thing  xD EmptyFri May 27, 2022 2:47 am

Good to see you here again Tylo! Lovely models to boot. I hope your health continues to recover and do well also!

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Yea I did a thing xD   Yea I did a thing  xD EmptyFri May 27, 2022 11:00 am

Beautyful models you got there cheers

How terrible that this d**** bug should be so hard on you . I hope the doctor is wrong and that you will feel better much sooner than 6 - 7 WEEKS Crying or Very sad
If you can, I advise you to try to get outdoors a little each day.
It makes one feel a little better and gives you a better feeling for each ( small?) improvement that you hopefully get.

It is wonderful that you spend some of the little strength you have, to show us pictures of your beautyful new dinus  Very Happy  Applause

Good luck !!!  flower  sunny  Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Yea I did a thing xD   Yea I did a thing  xD EmptyFri May 27, 2022 1:30 pm

Hey Tylo, nice to see you here again.
I hope you recover from your covid experience. It sometimes takes more time than desired but you need to be patient.
Recently I received my first stegosaur and I immediately thought aboutt you and your collection. It is Rosana, a flower colored Miragaia so it seems to be completely related with your collecting interests. Do you still collect stegos?

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Yea I did a thing xD   Yea I did a thing  xD EmptyFri May 27, 2022 4:58 pm

landrover wrote:
I am very glad that your health is improving and the collection helps to relax the mind.

cheers cheers
Hey yea  seems I found my way outta my grave, again xD  lol!
Yea after nice years of collecting diecast scale 1:200 Boeing 747's which I'd love to share with you guys here, just don't remember where tho, and seeing Prehistoric Planet by Sir David Attenborough and now that Jurassic World Dominion is a thing that kind of triggered me to get back to where I left off and add some accurate dinosaurs which my Dinu Alliance community calls Dinus!
What I'll do is write one review per model just as I did with my B747's at DA.C as Gold Leader, I think this works best.

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Good to see you here again Tylo! Lovely models to boot. I hope your health continues to recover and do well also!
Yaaaas  I love you  Happy to see you are doing well too, as for my health yea itsucks, had covid-19 Omicron for two and ahalf weeks and now this terrible cough that is gonna hang around for the upcoming 6 a 7 yweeks, some days a re great but yesterday was pure hell,even being chronically ill, that too isa slow down, but yea I'm still here and  I'll just do what I can, I really hope you have been doing well, missed this place to be honest and I am deeply sorry for not being around much  Crying or Very sad had severla depressions as well, life just sucks at it's time.

SUSANNE wrote:
Beautyful models you got there cheers

How terrible that this d**** bug should be so hard on you . I hope the doctor is wrong and that you will feel better much sooner than 6 - 7 WEEKS Crying or Very sad
If you can, I advise you to try to get outdoors a little each day.
It makes one feel a little better and gives you a better feeling for each ( small?) improvement that you hopefully get.

It is wonderful that you spend some of the little strength you have, to show us pictures of your beautyful new dinus  Very Happy  Applause

Good luck !!!  flower  sunny  Very Happy
My docs are rarely wrong so I trust their worlds on it, it is what it is, I'll just have to pull on through, everyone's body reacts differently
Even so many thanks for your kind and caring words tho, so much to do but hey, at least I'll be making awesome posts again, I did miss that, most people use facebook and other social media garbage  , forums will always be my number one choice it's easier to make topics but also easier to find old ones for good information, good luck trying that with facebook or anything down that line.
So I am happy that the STS Forums are still alive, the same for the DTF froums, even so I always felt more welcome here than there, but I am suremany of you can understand this and remember why right heh.

But hey I'll do my best with the photo's I shoot like 60 to 80 phooto's sometimes they are all great and other times only 10 good pics remain, I am curious how it will go tho!  flower  Crocodile

Roger wrote:
Hey Tylo, nice to see you here again.
I hope you recover from your covid experience. It sometimes takes more time than desired but you need to be patient.
Recently I received my first stegosaur and I immediately thought aboutt you and your collection. It is Rosana, a flower colored Miragaia so it seems to be completely related with your collecting interests. Do you still collect stegos?

Hey Roger I hope you been well too man,  it has surely been a long time i been here, I See you guys still have that chatbox, we really should have  a massive meetup in there just to use it for the fun of it hahaha
oh man I just SEE that happening soon lmao, with the bunch of us in there, it will be great.

Well it was mainly Boeing 747's  as for Dinus it's  still Steggies every now and then with the the latest catch is the PNSO Qichuan the Tuojiangosaurus as the lattest add for that collection.
But my current main interest for Dinus such as Acrocanthosaurus, Carchadontosaurus & Giganotosautrus, these types have struck new waves of interest to me, hereby I am always seeking an Epanterias amplexus model, the larger 11.8 a 12.4meter long Allosaurid,  the  ARK mod play as a Dino I am using does have it and I use it a lot in game, here I found an artifact in a cave named Artifact of the Clever:

My Epan's name is Ome Eduard aka Uncle Edward, my best RL Friend and I name our Dinus after Aunt and Uncle names hahaha Yaaaas Laughing arrow lol! Laughing
Here he is xD
Yea I did a thing  xD Artifact_found_acwj1y

But yea it's great to be back at it again Cool
Dinus 4 Life I love you Crocodile I love you

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Yea I did a thing xD   Yea I did a thing  xD EmptySat May 28, 2022 12:49 pm

cheers cheers cheers Applause Applause Applause cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Tylosaurus

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Yea I did a thing xD   Yea I did a thing  xD EmptyThu Jun 02, 2022 11:48 pm

Hey STS people, well here they are   Cool

Well I have to admit that I have been out of this for many years, 10 if not more.
And man things have changed, and so much too, goodness it looks like I came back froma distant past and now that accurate models are really becoming a thing, just like when it comes to JC Wings, Gemini Jets & Inflight 200 when it came to my scale 1:200 diecast Boeing 747 models, collected those for the past 8 a 9 years and yea not one new Dinosaur model was ever added, but I knew this would change at some point in my life.

There were times I thought maybe I should get back at it again, back at restarting to collect Dinosaurs again... or not... then I didn't know if I should or not and yea I posted quite the same at the DTF, not much I can change of this post since well my feelings are the exact same.

Also with my anxiety being active for going back to DTF forum, that too also played a large role, there were a few pauses and it just didn't happen.
Even that now it is seem to be going okay there, just past happenings often linger in my mind.

But now which is 2 years since I had those strange moments, thoughts or feelings as you may refer them, I went to my friend Mike Wally, the founder & owner of EverythingDinosaur.co.uk,  he and had a chat with at FB and he told me of some worthy models and after seeing them I Saw more potential to add them, and yea that is kind of where I got back to it again, so I am very thankful for Mike showing me the renewed models of my favorite theropods,  that are these:

"Giganotosaurus carolinii"
"Carcharodontosaurus saharicus"
"Acrocanthosaurus atokensis"

And always was in search for my favorite Stegosaurid the one and only:
"Tuojiangosaurus multispinus"

And luckily Mike had all of these so here the are left to right:

PNSO Scale 1:35 "Carcharodontosaurus saharicus"
CollectA Deluxe Edition Scale 1:40 "Acrocanthosaurus atokensis"
Eofauna Scale 1:35 "Giganotosaurus carolinii"
PNSO Scale 1:35 "Tuojiangosaurus multispinus"

Yea I did a thing  xD Newdinusarrivalaqxkzn Yea I did a thing  xD Newdinusarrivalbcxjrb

So here the sub galleries I will post one photo per Dinu and the rest within a spoiler, hopping this should save bandwidth for those with a slower connection, I hope I get this right hehe.

Eofauna Scale 1:35 "Giganotosaurus carolinii"(2019)
Yea I did a thing  xD Giggieafyj59

Spoiler:

PNSO Scale 1:35 "Carcharodontosaurus saharicus"(2021)
Yea I did a thing  xD Gambaheadermljb4

Spoiler:

CollectA Deluxe Edition Scale 1:40 "Acrocanthosaurus atokensis"(2015)
Yea I did a thing  xD Acrodoeheaderk8jel

Spoiler:

The rest in my second post Cool

Last edited by Tylosaurus on Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://leagueofdilos.forumotion.net/
Tylosaurus

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Yea I did a thing xD   Yea I did a thing  xD EmptyThu Jun 02, 2022 11:54 pm

Here the other photo's  :)

PNSO Scale 1:35 "Tuojiangosaurus multispinus"(2020)
Yea I did a thing  xD Tuojiangoheaderrpkwx

Spoiler:

Here the CollectA Deluxe Edition Scale 1:40 "Acrocanthosaurus atokensis" from 2015 compared to the Battat Terra "Acrocanthosaurus atokensis" re-release from 2015!
Even that the Battat Terra by Dan loRusso uses a mold is from 1996, it stills beats it in many ways.
Yea I did a thing  xD Acroduoheader98j5l

Spoiler:

And here the final two photo's of this awesome lot:
"Giganotosaurus carolinii" v.s "Carcharodontosaurus saharicus"
Yea I did a thing  xD Giggiegambaajuk4q Yea I did a thing  xD Giggiegambabzbjcw

Hereby I hope you all like or love the photo's I made, this was a ton of work, like 3 hours or so, man I need some Java right now  Laughing
But hey, I did tune in to this awesome Hardstyle Remix by a Dutch Hardstyle DJ named Deenis, that really kept my mind on full focus haha : Laughing Whaa zaaa lol!

Deenis - World Of Hardstyle 2021 Autumn

Last edited by Tylosaurus on Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Yea I did a thing xD   Yea I did a thing  xD EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 12:17 am

I think there's no best way to refresh your collection. All these models are really fantastic and they are actually close in scale. All of the spoilers are working fine.
I was curious and I used the chance to watch a Youtube review of the PNSO Tuojiangosaurus... it is from a guy who starts all of his videos with: "Hey guys" Laughing

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Yea I did a thing xD   Yea I did a thing  xD EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 2:51 am

Roger wrote:
I think there's no best way to refresh your collection. All these models are really fantastic and they are actually close in scale. All of the spoilers are working fine.
I was curious and I used the chance to watch a Youtube review of the PNSO Tuojiangosaurus... it is from a guy who starts all of his videos with: "Hey guys" Laughing
Hey thanks man only I don't get with the hey guys thing, I don't recall saying that, left alone on YT hmm
But yea the PNSO Acrocanthosaurus will be the enxt one to be added and some other beauties from PNSO & Euofauna , yea finally the Dinu models have proper accuracy much better than 10 years ago.

Here the PNSO Acro:
Yea I did a thing  xD Pnsoacrodoea81j29 Yea I did a thing  xD Pnsoacrodoebw1kbp

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Yea I did a thing xD   Yea I did a thing  xD EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 1:12 pm

Tylosaurus wrote:
Roger wrote:
Hey thanks man only I don't get with the hey guys thing, I don't recall saying that, left alone on YT hmm
But yea the PNSO Acrocanthosaurus will be the enxt one to be added and some other beauties from PNSO & Euofauna , yea finally the Dinu models have proper accuracy much better than 10 years ago.

I was refering to Andy's Dinosaur Reviews, a relatively known Youtube channel. Anytime I want to know more about a prehistoric animal figure, I check his reviews and Andy always starts with "Hey guys". Wink You can find the Tuogiangosaurus video here Very Happy
In my last additions topic, I was exactly refering to the fact that most figures are much better now than their counterparts released 10 or 15 years ago. My PNSO Miragaia is delicately sculpted as no other stegosaur toy figure sculpted 10 or more years ago. I also noticed the finish quality of the Eofauna models and even the new Wia horses have no competitors at the same price range. This is a good era for collectors what means you will feel tempted to get many new models. Very Happy

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Yea I did a thing xD   Yea I did a thing  xD EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 3:35 pm

Ah yea I see now, he does very detailed reviews, just a bit too long for my tastes, but worth looking in to if you have not bought a certain model yet.

Although his PNSO Scale 1:35 "Carcharodontosaurus saharicus" had less in the package than mine did:
Mine came with a booklet that has over 53 pages packed with info and paleo arts of this Dinosaur, and a separate mini poster:

Yea I did a thing  xD Gambabookletminiposterdkbu

Spoiler:

But damn man models have come along way if we look back 10 a 123 years, especially with Dinosaurs, accuracy is a real big deal these days, Eofauna & PNSO are my two favorites as of now, they may be a few others but so far these two really blew my mind, also what scientists have discovered of their actual appearances, all the extra knowledge they have made these awesome models a possibility, makes me wonder what Dino models will be like 10 a 12 years from now.

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Yea I did a thing xD   Yea I did a thing  xD EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 4:20 pm

I am not sure but I think some PNSO figures are offered in two different versions. They're the same but the content added with the figure is different. I also think the most expensive versions have a thicker box. Do you have a favorite Youtube channel to watch these reviews?
By the way, I think this Carcharodontosaurus is probably the nicest theropod figure I know. That head is incredibly good and the painting is also very clever.

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Yea I did a thing xD   Yea I did a thing  xD EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 4:53 pm

Carcharodonto is definitely the best I ever seen from PNSO, but as stegosaurids go that Tuojiano isn't bad either probably the best model of that Stegosaurid to date,what I would like is a new model of Lexovisaurus, all we have now is that old toy like model from CollectA from 1996 I believe it was, it's not bad, it just feels out dated and I was really hoping for something new and improved, especially so many years later.

Eofauna's Giga is surely not a bad one either, never had this brand before but I do see a lot of quality similarities with that from PNSO when it comes to Eofauna.

A good Australovenator would be nice as well, so far I was not able to do much with that yet either.

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Yea I did a thing xD   Yea I did a thing  xD EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 5:14 pm

The Australian Age of Dinosaurs Museum Australovenator probably does not pair in quality with these models but it is a very interesting figure and a super interesting collectible.

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Yea I did a thing xD   Yea I did a thing  xD EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 5:17 pm

hmm Might have to pass on that I want as accurate as possible same as I have when collecting diecast scale1:200 Boeing 747's, just gotta hope PNSO or Eofauna does a proper version of it.
Got the patience for it, What I could do is send acro-man a DM and see if he can arrange anything hmm

It looks a bit too much like a Raptor even that it's actually a Spinosaurid.. well as I was informed. so it gives me mixed thoughts

Here a video from the Hey Guys guy  Laughing  Dino Screams Reviews xD

But after watching the video that Australovenator is a Megaraptorid that also changed my views towards it, it is a good model for sure especially for 20 USD, guess I'll have to look around then.
Also referring to this it's indeed a Megaraptorid, good to know then  :)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australovenator

Tylosaurus

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Yea I did a thing xD   Yea I did a thing  xD EmptySun Jun 05, 2022 3:44 pm

But yea this is something else than collecting diecast scale 1:200 Boeing 747's that I did for the past 9 years, yet I still have a Cathay Pacific Airways B747-467, the B-HOY which I have reserved for a special review for my friends at DA.C Forums, this one has Asia's World City Livery from July 01, 2002 to December 01, 2008, which is this one:
Yea I did a thing  xD B-hoyfy2k0i

Here my current displays :)

Here on the right above my bed & left above my workstations:
Yea I did a thing  xD Dinudisplayrightheadey5ka2 Yea I did a thing  xD Dinudisplayleftheader20kt6

Spoiler:

2012 Favorite Kinto Spinosaurus aegyptiacus & 2006 DinoStoreus Dilophosaurus wetherilli
Yea I did a thing  xD Spinodiloheadermpkcp

Spoiler:

Here the Orchid Display; no Flowers this time, it's just one of those moments hah, when the flowers return I'll surely make new photos for you guys.
Yea I did a thing  xD Steggiesorchidsheaderugjbz

Spoiler:

And my beloved Dino-Riders that II collected from March 22, 1987 til November 22, 2013  Cool
May as well add these to the post since I am doing everything, just the base pics though.

Main display:
Yea I did a thing  xD Updateddrcollectione5ua0

Spoiler:

More on my Dino-Riders Display can be seen here:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=102.msg202235#msg202235

And there you have it really  Cool

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Yea I did a thing xD   Yea I did a thing  xD EmptyMon Jun 06, 2022 10:42 pm

This is surely another interesting collecting subject. 1:200 is a tiny scale if you move it to toy animal figures. A 15 cm long blue whale figure could work but a 3 cm tall giraffe is a tiny one. Thanks for showing, the precision of this kind of models is unbelievable, it is not possible when the replicated subject is a dinosaur only known from little remains.

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Yea I did a thing xD   Yea I did a thing  xD EmptyTue Jun 07, 2022 1:24 am

Yea 1:200 for a Carcharodontosaurus might work, these were12 a 13 meters long, the Titanosaurs would also be interesting in this scale some even being larger than a Boeing 767-200ER for example, which is like a B787-8 Dreamliner or B747SP, somewhere in that range.

That too can be an interesting sight.

Tylosaurus

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Yea I did a thing xD   Yea I did a thing  xD EmptyFri Sep 09, 2022 4:36 pm

Well two days ago I just bought an other Dinu, onefrom PNSO of course, which is this one:

Acrocanthosaurus atokensis
PNSO Models, China
Scale 1:35 a 1:37

Acro Doe! Laughing  cheers  cheers  
Yea I did a thing  xD Acrodoea50esj Yea I did a thing  xD Acrodoebdsirx

Stay tuned for a nice eview of this beauty which is by far the most accurate Acro model on the market today.

Last edited by Tylosaurus on Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Yea I did a thing xD   Yea I did a thing  xD EmptyFri Sep 09, 2022 6:29 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Tylosaurus

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Yea I did a thing xD   Yea I did a thing  xD EmptyThu Sep 15, 2022 2:50 am

widukind wrote:
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Hey thanks, the Acro didn't arrive yet but it should be arriving hopefully this week Cool

Tylosaurus

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Yea I did a thing xD   Yea I did a thing  xD EmptyWed Sep 28, 2022 5:30 am

Hey STS frends well; here it is then Fergus the Acro from PNSO< it did take longer than expected but all in all, it all came to the right place  :)

Hereby I would love to thank [member=732]Everything_Dinosaur[/member] and his awesome crew for helping me get this one shipped safely to me, many thanks Mike!

Mike's store is my favorite Dinu model go to place, and yea  here some nice photo's I made of this scale 1:35 (or 1:37 maybe?) model of this North American therapod!

Acro Doe!!  Laughing  cheers  lol!
PNSO Scale 1:35 (1:37?) "Acrocanthosaurus atokensis"
Yea I did a thing  xD Acrodoeheadshot7xe5q

Here the photo's of the box and it's contents:
Spoiler:

Here the PNSO Fergus Acro model it's self , the model can also stand without the mini stand that comes with it, although I do use it because for long term display it's just best to make use of it, just to avoid model sag.
The details are fantastic, my 2003 SonyCybershot DSC-V3 still can produce some very noce photo's thanks to it's Carl Zeiss lens, I used no tripod when making these shots.
Sadly no garden so no outside shots here.
Spoiler:

Here compared to other Acro models I have from the following three:

PNSO Acrocanthosaurus atokensis by YANG Yang 2021
CollectA Acrocanthosaurus atokensis 2015 done by Gregory Wenzel
Battat Terra Acrocanthosaurus atokensis by Dan LoRusso re-release model 2015, base design from 1997

The Battat Terra was still one of the best made  even when the CollectA Delucxe Edition came out, tu by the time that PNSO released their Acro they took the crown big time!
Their Fergus the Acro is possibly their best Theropod to date as well., I am glad I waited so long before buying any of the other Acro options.
However Rebor also did an interest job with their Hercules model, well for it's time anyway.
Spoiler:

And here my top three Carcharodontosaurids side by side a fantastic set all worth getting, even it did take me some time to obtain the PNSO Acro, I am glad I did manage it  :)
They make a fantastic set though, that is what I really have to admit that to be very honest Cool
Spoiler:

Anyways many thanks for the read and enjoy the photo's as always :)

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Yea I did a thing xD   Yea I did a thing  xD EmptySun Oct 02, 2022 12:01 am

Congratulations for getting it. I love the head of this model. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Yea I did a thing xD   Yea I did a thing  xD Empty

Back to top Go down

Yea I did a thing xD
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next