Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MammothProduction’s Dioramas

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MammothProductions

Country/State : US

MammothProduction’s Dioramas Empty
PostSubject: MammothProduction’s Dioramas   MammothProduction’s Dioramas EmptyThu May 26, 2022 6:41 pm

Hey everyone! This is my first time ever making a diorama, and I figured I would share my progress here. I have decided to use the Safari Malawisaurus as the main focus of the diorama, and I have spruced up its paint a little (I will post that later in another thread). 

I wanted a nice diorama base, but without the cost. So, I purchased a $1 picture frame from a dollar store, and simply glued the accompanying glass to the inside of the frame. Next, I carved out a few pieces of florist’s foam and glued them snugly within this frame:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

The foam was very flaky, and simply rubbing it with my finger allowed me to create surface texture. I did this around the edges to make them flush with the border, and inserted small foam chips and repeated the process in areas where the foam and frame did not meet. I then created a slightly wavy texture across the foam base in a similar fashion to emulate the general shape of sand and rock.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: MammothProduction’s Dioramas   MammothProduction’s Dioramas EmptyFri May 27, 2022 10:00 pm

This is exiting !!! cheers

I hope to see more of your progress Very Happy

MammothProductions

Country/State : US

PostSubject: Re: MammothProduction’s Dioramas   MammothProduction’s Dioramas EmptyFri May 27, 2022 10:45 pm

Next, apply plaster to the surface of the foam (make sure to cover the edges of the frame with painters tape first):
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: MammothProduction’s Dioramas   MammothProduction’s Dioramas EmptyFri May 27, 2022 11:22 pm

It looks very promising. I really like the choice of using an exciting frame. cheers
I'm looking forward to seeing the next step of the process!  bounce

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MammothProduction’s Dioramas   MammothProduction’s Dioramas Empty

Back to top Go down

MammothProduction’s Dioramas
Page 1 of 1