Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari Cobra Mystery

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Safari Cobra Mystery Empty
PostSubject: Safari Cobra Mystery   Safari Cobra Mystery EmptyThu Jun 09, 2022 3:29 pm

The "mysterious" Safari cobra from 2016 stamped from 1996 and neglected by collectors until now. Wink
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

With his albino twin

And his predecessor

And his familia

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Safari Cobra Mystery   Safari Cobra Mystery EmptyThu Jun 09, 2022 7:45 pm

Wonderful Paige, it is the topic I was antecipating. Wink
What a fantastic presentation. Now we can understand everything much better.
I revisited the catalogues and this cobra is marked as new on 2014 catalogue. I haven't noticed it at first because they mirrored the picture of the previous model in a few preceding catalogues what turned it even more difficult to see. It was not even misterious because we were not aware of its release and now the mistery is really the fact it is marked 1996. Laughing
That picture with your cobras is absolutely fanttastic! Among all serpent figures, cobras are the ones who display better.
Since these models are clearly spectacled cobras, I used the chance to revisit the king cobra and it is fun that we still find some spectacled cobras there. Not many brands get the markings correctly and a brand which did it correctly for king cobras was Eikoh. We can see clearly the chevrons on the back of the hood.
Many thanks for opening this topic. I added this model on TAW and also a link to this topic.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Safari Cobra Mystery   Safari Cobra Mystery EmptyFri Jun 10, 2022 7:28 pm

HURRAAAYYY !!! cheers
You are never bored when collecting Safari Laughing

Thankyou for the great comparisons, Paige Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari Cobra Mystery   Safari Cobra Mystery EmptySat Jun 11, 2022 1:36 am

I still have a question and a request if possible.
On this picture below, middle row we have Mojö, Papo, Schleich (new), Schleich (old) and is the right most the Safari Incredible Creatures'?
Also, could you please provide a picture of the back side of the old Schleich for TAW? With these figures it is useful to show the back of the hood since there's often a lot of confusion.
For example, both Mojö and Papo are marketed as king cobras but both models are Indian cobras. Papo is on the Indian cobra page but Mojö is not. I must find a way to turn it more coerent.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari Cobra Mystery   Safari Cobra Mystery EmptySat Jun 11, 2022 2:18 am

I can snag you photos soon Roger! The first cobra you asked about is the 4D famemaster model. If you look closely you can see the puzzle piece seams.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari Cobra Mystery   Safari Cobra Mystery EmptySat Jun 11, 2022 1:28 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
I can snag you photos soon Roger! The first cobra you asked about is the 4D famemaster model. If you look closely you can see the puzzle piece seams.

Yes, thanks for letting me know. No hurrise about the pics. Very Happy

Edit: I've found a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on forum. So, if you already have the pictures, I will use yours, if not, I can use these from Yvette.
Stupidly, I am posting on that topic convinced it is a king cobra but fortunately Christophe corrected me since it is the typical spectacled marking of the Indian cobra too. It is impressive how so many brands did it wrong.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari Cobra Mystery   Safari Cobra Mystery EmptyMon Jun 13, 2022 11:35 pm

I haven't had time to snap new photos of the hoods, feel free to use Yvette's photos. :) Thank you for your editing work my friend!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari Cobra Mystery   Safari Cobra Mystery EmptyTue Jun 14, 2022 1:54 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
I haven't had time to snap new photos of the hoods, feel free to use Yvette's photos. :) Thank you for your editing work my friend!

Thanks Paige, I used one of Yvette's photo showing the rear of the hood. Though, I have another request. Laughing
Please just do it when you find time, I surely don't want to stress you, I'd never dare to do it to someone using so many cobras for personal protection. affraid Wink
Your 4D Fame Master cobra is a monocled cobra, it is not on TAW and there's no other monocled cobra so this figure gains an extra touch of interest. Also, two pics are enough, one with the "main" view and another showing the rear of the hood since it is what helps determining the species.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari Cobra Mystery   Safari Cobra Mystery EmptyTue Jun 14, 2022 7:55 pm

Happy to oblige. :)

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Safari Cobra Mystery   Safari Cobra Mystery EmptyTue Jun 14, 2022 8:48 pm

Oh what a curious pattern! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari Cobra Mystery   Safari Cobra Mystery EmptyTue Jun 14, 2022 8:56 pm

Thanks Paige! I will take care of it! Very Happy

Monocled cobra (Naja kaouthia)

Juvenile from Wikipedia

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Safari Cobra Mystery   Safari Cobra Mystery EmptyTue Jun 14, 2022 11:25 pm

Very Happy  Thank you Rogério!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari Cobra Mystery   Safari Cobra Mystery EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 12:55 am

Caracal wrote:
Very Happy  Thank you Rogério!

You're welcome, Alain. While sorting the Naja page, I've found an unidentified cobra that we can also identify as a monocled cobra. This Toy Major figure showing a monocle mark too.

PostSubject: Re: Safari Cobra Mystery   Safari Cobra Mystery Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari Cobra Mystery
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: General reviews and discussions :: Comparison topics-
Jump to: