Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich new logo

Go down 
+11
Ana
Dutch Bear
Bonnie
SUSANNE
Birdsage
Joliezac
Roger
George
Loustic
Saarlooswolfhound
TreAn
15 posters

Do you like new Schleich logo?
Yes
Schleich new logo Vote_lcap20%Schleich new logo Vote_rcap
 20% [ 7 ]
No
Schleich new logo Vote_lcap80%Schleich new logo Vote_rcap
 80% [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 35

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
TreAn

TreAn

Country/State : Czech Republic

Schleich new logo Empty
PostSubject: Schleich new logo   Schleich new logo EmptySat Jul 02, 2022 7:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Schleich new logo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schleich new logo   Schleich new logo EmptySat Jul 02, 2022 7:49 pm

I don't necessarily NOT like it... but I have a predilection for nostalgia. The history of the old logo as well as its presence in my early collecting life makes me prefer it. But the new one is just as well. :) I got that email too announcing the changes.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Loustic

Loustic

Country/State : France

Schleich new logo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schleich new logo   Schleich new logo EmptySat Jul 02, 2022 9:00 pm

I don't like this new logo.
It has been on our labels since the beginning of 2022 in France and I was wondering about it. They made the change official in July with a new look for their website.
Otherwise, I find this new logo bland, without nuance, without graphic effort compared to the old one which was, in my opinion, better worked...
Rather disappointed ... But in the end, it reflects rather well the brand nowadays (a regression in the realism of the figures)
Thank you for respecting my opinion, everyone has their own Wink

Back to top Go down
https://messchleich.jimdo.com/
George

George

Country/State : England

Schleich new logo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schleich new logo   Schleich new logo EmptySat Jul 02, 2022 9:21 pm

Now I admit I had to google the old logo cos I couldn't even remember how it differed Laughing
Very similar font with almost all the letters identical except the E has a slight angle to the horizontal now, colour swapped from the (pointless?) extra S on the end to make the whole name red instead, no capital letter.

I don't really see the need to change it, or why the new version's any better, except that they presumably spent a lot of money on the redesign - these things always cost an incredible amount! - so they must think it's worth it Laughing

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Schleich new logo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schleich new logo   Schleich new logo EmptySat Jul 02, 2022 11:39 pm

I don't have any nostalgic connection with the Schleich logo. The only logo I have some familiar connection is the Safari Ltd one. Laughing
This logo uses a very old formula, we can recall loads of logos like this one. It also accentuates the childish tendency of their line these last years.
About the previous logo, I liked the "3D" S inside of a circle we used to see marked on figures. It was part of Schleich identity. Not being a particularly interesting logo, it was in my opinion, nicer than the current one.

The new moto "Where the stories begin" and the old moto "The WORLD IN YOUR HANDS" are both nice, I guess.

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

Schleich new logo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schleich new logo   Schleich new logo EmptySun Jul 03, 2022 12:01 am

I always loved the old one. Both are quite simplistic. Doesn't really matter to me but I prefer the older one for nostalgia's sake Very Happy

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Birdsage

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

Schleich new logo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schleich new logo   Schleich new logo EmptySun Jul 03, 2022 3:35 am

I prefer the old Schleich(S).
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Schleich new logo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schleich new logo   Schleich new logo EmptySun Jul 03, 2022 1:08 pm

First of all, it should start with a big "S" , because it is a name.

I think it is boring compared to the old one, but perhaps it is modern, and I am completely not-modern Laughing

Last edited by SUSANNE on Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
TreAn

TreAn

Country/State : Czech Republic

Schleich new logo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schleich new logo   Schleich new logo EmptySun Jul 03, 2022 2:32 pm

I love that idea of thinking bubble it's reflect that motto about making kids stories in their minds while playing with schleich figures. New logo finally cut old good schleich era when their made absolutely stunning realistic figures. So I like new logo because it's finally reflect more point of view what schleich have now. For me it's new company now and they have common only name.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

Schleich new logo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schleich new logo   Schleich new logo EmptySun Jul 03, 2022 4:30 pm

It's all very interesting and I took the chance to look through their new website! I probably prefer the old one as others have said simply because I associate it with all my Schleich collecting over the years and the perfectionist in me feels that the 's' should be a capital! Laughing But I think this does capture the change in their figures and perhaps will help to define this change in the future, associating a logo with each phase where the style changed! study
I also see they're selling the rare Schleich red rabbit now as a normal figure which is a shame as it was supposed to be exclusive and part of a competition which only very few people won and it took me ages to enter and find the correct shop- I probably would have waited if I knew that in the next few years it wouldn't have been exclusive!
But thank you for drawing my attention to this, I completely forgot they were making these changes! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Schleich new logo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schleich new logo   Schleich new logo EmptySun Jul 03, 2022 6:28 pm

Bonnie wrote:
I also see they're selling the rare Schleich red rabbit now as a normal figure which is a shame as it was supposed to be exclusive and part of a competition which only very few people won and it took me ages to enter and find the correct shop- I probably would have waited if I knew that in the next few years it wouldn't have been exclusive!

This is what Schleich does again and again, and it is not fair to the faithful collectors Suspect

But a couple of times where I was sure that the "exclusive" model would soon be standard of course it did not affraid

I was especially frustrated waiting for the white German shepherd dogs. They were in an advent calendar.

The year before, I bought the advent calendar to get an exclusive horse, - and already in January it was standard.lol!

Dutch Bear

Dutch Bear

Country/State : Netherlands

Schleich new logo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schleich new logo   Schleich new logo EmptySun Jul 03, 2022 7:02 pm

I do like the new logo. It is quite basic and dull and not creative in design. But that is what Schleich has been for the last few years. So the new logo represents that well.
And just to make a useless point, they put the point (period) at the begining.

As you all know I dont collect brands, just a single species. So the look of a brand's logo, packaging, website is not interesting for me.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

Schleich new logo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schleich new logo   Schleich new logo EmptySun Jul 03, 2022 8:41 pm

I preferred the old one too. I also agree with you all, the new one is rather boring. And for some reason, the letter shapes remind me of cheaper brands of toys. scratch I feel like the old one had more personality.

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Schleich new logo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schleich new logo   Schleich new logo EmptySun Jul 03, 2022 9:19 pm

Schleich should read this thread. Very Happy I think we all agree that the logo reflects their "progress" into what the brand is today. To each their own if they like the models or logo... But that concept of how it reflects the NEW brand rather the old is true. 

As for the exclusives....I think they always played that wrong. So many dog lovers would have loved any and all of their pups released on their own (thw white GSDs or those beagles from the giant play set). But I guess they see the horses as their big draw (one of their main marketing lines). But the red rabbit? A shame. Thats like if they reproduced and sold their striped 75th anniversary animals. A waste for collectors but a way to fatten their pocketbooks.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Schleich new logo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schleich new logo   Schleich new logo EmptyMon Jul 04, 2022 12:01 am

SUSANNE wrote:
First of all, it should start with a big "S" , because it is a name.

I think it is boring compared to the old one, but perhaps it is modern, and I am completely not-modern Laughing

In old times, capital letters were common on logos because it was a way to catch the atention. Though, since capital letters started representing shouting on social media, brands started a new trend of logos with small letters, even the initial one.
Mojö Fun is a good example since they're a relatively new brand. We can also see it on many commercial products at home.
Interesting the use of dots and a motto similar in both brands.

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

Schleich new logo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schleich new logo   Schleich new logo EmptyMon Jul 04, 2022 6:23 am

3rd voting option missing: Mir egal

Neptune

Country/State : France

Schleich new logo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schleich new logo   Schleich new logo EmptyMon Jul 04, 2022 11:39 am

Honnestly I don't really care myself, but for the brand I think it's a (other) downgrade.
With the old logo, the big red S was really easy to identified and eyecatching. Not so much anymore! Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://neptunefairytales.tumblr.com/archive
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

Schleich new logo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schleich new logo   Schleich new logo EmptyMon Jul 04, 2022 1:31 pm

Agree with both of you Paige and Susanne! It really is so frustrating and just cheating the whole system! Suspect
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] It's interesting to see the similarities between the Mojo and new Schleich logo too! study
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
George

George

Country/State : England

Schleich new logo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schleich new logo   Schleich new logo EmptyMon Jul 04, 2022 3:37 pm

It's interesting that Schleich actually use schleich-s as their web address. Not schleich-dot-com, but schleich-s.com with that extra S in there at the end, just like their old logo had.
Now they've updated the logo and dropped the circled S, but can't change their web address to match (because some sort of safety testing website has got that URL already)

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Schleich new logo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schleich new logo   Schleich new logo EmptyMon Jul 04, 2022 8:47 pm

Dutch Bear wrote:
I do like the new logo. It is quite basic and dull and not creative in design. But that is what Schleich has been for the last few years. So the new logo represents that well.
And just to make a useless point, they put the point (period) at the begining......

cheers lol!

Zoodirektor

Zoodirektor

Country/State : Germany

Schleich new logo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schleich new logo   Schleich new logo EmptyMon Jul 04, 2022 9:10 pm

I think it's a little bit to red, but we will get used to
Back to top Go down
SchleichGirl1997

SchleichGirl1997

Country/State : Washington USA

Schleich new logo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schleich new logo   Schleich new logo EmptyMon Jul 11, 2022 11:43 pm

I still prefer the old logo mostly because nostalgic reasons because it brings back wonderful memories, but also because it was unique. Schleich just isn't as good as it used to be; the quality now reminds me of the toys that come from the Dollar Tree, tbh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Schleich new logo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schleich new logo   Schleich new logo Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich new logo
Page 1 of 1