Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Which moose is better?

Go down 
+3
Joliezac
Roger
FlaffyRaptors
7 posters
AuthorMessage
FlaffyRaptors

FlaffyRaptors

Country/State : United Kingdom

Which moose is better? Empty
PostSubject: Which moose is better?   Which moose is better? EmptyTue Aug 09, 2022 1:37 pm

Which out of these three is the best Moose model in terms of accuracy? Safari ltd large, small vs Schleich Bull.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Which moose is better?   Which moose is better? EmptyTue Aug 09, 2022 9:00 pm

I moved your post to this thread because the Show Us Yours topics are made to show our own models.
I think these three are very similar in quality with a slightly preference for the larger Safari. It has better legs, poiintier hooves and the pose is fantastic!
Much probably Safari is an American moose while the Schleich model is an Eurasian moose.
In terms of finish quality, I think I like the Schleich most.
Coloring varies between moose but I think lighter legs work better, I'm not too used with the dark legs of the Schleich model.

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Which moose is better?   Which moose is better? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2022 12:40 am

I think the large Safari is the most accurate, but for me personally Schleich's is my favorite moose. I think Schleich's moose cow is also a must-have.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Which moose is better?   Which moose is better? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2022 1:26 am

of these three I'd probably go with Schleich, but I have the Collecta version myself
Back to top Go down
eternity

eternity

Country/State : US

PostSubject: Re: Which moose is better?   Which moose is better? EmptyThu Aug 11, 2022 4:12 am

I'd say the large Safari for the mold & pose; Schleich for color.
Back to top Go down
FlaffyRaptors

FlaffyRaptors

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Which moose is better?   Which moose is better? EmptyThu Aug 11, 2022 11:38 pm

Thank you all! I'm trying to gradually build up a Mammoth Steppe display. Came up with the shopping list below, with the Moose being one of the few I'm still debating on which company's model to acquire.

The Schleich version's colours are very pleasing to me personally, but the energy of the large Safari model is something to behold.

Is there phenotypic differences between American vs European populations of Moose? If so, which Moose would fit better for a Mammoth steppe display?

Ice Age:
Yak (Papo)
Bison (CollectA) ??
Steppe Wisent (Signatu)
Musk ox (CollectA)

Red deer (Safari) ??
Reindeer (Safari) ??
Caribou (CollectA, Safari)
Elk / Wapiti (Safari)
Saiga Antelope (CollectA)
Moose (safari vs schleich)
Megaloceros (Signatu)

Wooly Rhino (signatu vs safari)
Elasmotherium (not sure there's a good version yet)

?? = not sure if species was present in the Eurasian Mammoth Steppe
Back to top Go down
molla.nasreddin

molla.nasreddin

Country/State : Iran

PostSubject: Re: Which moose is better?   Which moose is better? EmptyTue Jun 13, 2023 6:08 pm

What about Papo Moose in comparison with schleich Moose?
I wanna buy one of them but not sure which one is better in design and color confused
Back to top Go down
Melekh

Melekh

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Which moose is better?   Which moose is better? EmptyWed Jun 14, 2023 7:43 pm

I like the ERTL moose. I repainted it. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PostSubject: Re: Which moose is better?   Which moose is better? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which moose is better?
Page 1 of 1