Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Toy Major 1998 big scale animals

Go down 
+2
Jill
Babdo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Babdo

Babdo

Country/State : Deutschland

Toy Major 1998 big scale animals Empty
PostSubject: Toy Major 1998 big scale animals   Toy Major 1998 big scale animals EmptySun Aug 21, 2022 10:21 am

Hello,
I found some Toy Major animals in bigger scale than the Toy Major 1998 Jungle Series animals.
Here they are:
Benno.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1998 big scale animals   Toy Major 1998 big scale animals EmptySun Aug 21, 2022 3:01 pm

Cool! The zebra almost looks to have forward facing eyes, a little eerie. Laughing I like the texture and the gait of the wildebeest, he has a nice flow to him even if he is not a particularly realistic sculpt.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1998 big scale animals   Toy Major 1998 big scale animals EmptyTue Aug 23, 2022 7:27 am

Interesting, never seen before

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1998 big scale animals   Toy Major 1998 big scale animals EmptyThu Aug 25, 2022 9:53 am

Great find! Applause
Thanks for the informative photos Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1998 big scale animals   Toy Major 1998 big scale animals EmptyWed Aug 31, 2022 4:25 am

Most of the small figures sets have their larger counterparts. It happens a lot with Toy Major. Will you list them on TAW or do you want me to do it?

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1998 big scale animals   Toy Major 1998 big scale animals EmptyWed Aug 31, 2022 12:31 pm

I love these large Toy Major models- big plastic animals have a lovely quality to them which large resin models lack! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Babdo

Babdo

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1998 big scale animals   Toy Major 1998 big scale animals EmptyWed Aug 31, 2022 2:40 pm

[quote="Roger"]Most of the small figures sets have their larger counterparts. It happens a lot with Toy Major. Will you list them on TAW or do you want me to do it?[/quote
Hello Roger,
I have list the Zebra and the Wildbeest.
I hope, it is right?
Benno.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1998 big scale animals   Toy Major 1998 big scale animals EmptyWed Aug 31, 2022 2:47 pm

Babdo wrote:
Roger wrote:
Most of the small figures sets have their larger counterparts. It happens a lot with Toy Major. Will you list them on TAW or do you want me to do it?[/quote
Hello Roger,
I have list the Zebra and the Wildbeest.
I hope, it is right?
Benno.

It is right for now. Toy Major pages are like drafts and when we figure out a certain series, we have to rename accordingly with what is already known and listed. It is extremly useful the fact you added the letters marked on them, it will help me a lot to sort it later. Thanks! Very Happy

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1998 big scale animals   Toy Major 1998 big scale animals EmptyWed Aug 31, 2022 3:35 pm

OK, I sorted it a little and I think we can get a reasonable overview.
This is a 9 inches series with 8 figures.

B. hyena, I'm almost sure this is wrong and the hyena belongs to a different series however;
D. Wildebeest posted here
E. Rhinoceros (black)  like this one;

F. Lion, already on TAW;
H. Zebra on this post

I don't know the letters
Giraffe on TAW;
Greater Kudu not listed yet

Probably this hippo - I can't see the letter and it is 7 inchces?
Instead of the hyena it may be an elephant. Likely this one.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1998 big scale animals   Toy Major 1998 big scale animals EmptyTue Sep 20, 2022 5:50 pm

I've just found this sale.

A 8 inhces figure not listed on TAW.

It is not the wildebeest we already know.
It is marked BUFFALO and it has one of the missing letters "G".
Isn't it weird? Laughing

Atention: the pictures belong to the EBAY sale and they should not be used on TAW.

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1998 big scale animals   Toy Major 1998 big scale animals EmptyTue Sep 20, 2022 7:56 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that is a really cool figure!! I think the letter in that photo might be a C? It is hard to tell but I don't think it has the little extra G bit. I love the Toy Major discoveries!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1998 big scale animals   Toy Major 1998 big scale animals EmptyWed Sep 21, 2022 1:39 am

Nice figure

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1998 big scale animals   Toy Major 1998 big scale animals EmptyWed Sep 21, 2022 6:04 am

Jill wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that is a really cool figure!! I think the letter in that photo might be a C? It is hard to tell but I don't think it has the little extra G bit. I love the Toy Major discoveries!

Thanks Jill, you're right, it is a C. 1998 seems to be the year of every toy and it seems Toy Majjor released several series in different sizes. Now look at this figure sold as 6 inches.

If it is not enough confuse, there's also this Ebay sale of a 1998 figure but this time it is marked WILDEBEEST.

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1998 big scale animals   Toy Major 1998 big scale animals Empty

Back to top Go down

Toy Major 1998 big scale animals
Page 1 of 1