Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The 2011 PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou

Go down 
+10
Gabe
Lasersword1973
HKHollinstone
MartinH
Roger
ken yeo
skysthelimit
SUSANNE
Sergey
Kikimalou
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

The 2011  PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: The 2011 PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou   The 2011  PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 8:07 am

Again some more pics of a model Harriet already shared with us.  Wink

Harriet, your pics are excellent but I can't resist to make mine of such an incredible model  I love you

So... Like the new yak, I think PAPO made a masterpiece with this Bactrian camel, the shape, pose, skin detail, painting are more than gorgeous. I didn't see this quality level since the old LINEOL and ELASTOLIN if you see what I mean. Again, PAPO is just raising the standartlevel of quality this year.  drunken

The Context : For Roger, Susanne and... Everyone of you of course  Laughing

The Bactrian camel (Camelus bactrianus) is a large even-toed ungulate native to the steppes of central Asia.
Nearly all of the estimated 1.4 million Bactrian camels alive today are domesticated. In October 2002, the estimated 800 remaining in  in the wild regions of the Gobi and Taklimakan Deserts of Mongolia and Xinjiang. There are a small number of wild Bactrian camels still roaming the Mangystau Province of South West Kazakhstan.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The first camelids appeared in North America about 30 million years ago, had a relatively small body mass and were adapted to warm climates. By the early Pleistocene (about 2 million years ago), they had already evolved into a form similar to the current Bactrian camel and many individuals permanently migrated to the opposite end of the Bering Strait in an abrupt fashion, probably as a response to the advancing ice age. The remaining related types of American camelids are now only in South America.

Bactrian camels are herbivores. They are able to eat plants that are dry, prickly, salty, and/or bitter, but prefer any kind of vegetation. When other nutrient sources are not available, these camels may feed on bones, other animals' skin, or different kinds of flesh. In more extreme conditions, they may eat rope, sandals, and even tents. Their ability to feed on a wide range of foods allows them to live in areas with sparse vegetation.
A common misconception is that the camel's humps are for water storage. In reality, the humps contain a large amount of fat and are use for nourishment when food is scarce. This feature gives the camel the capability to go many days without eating. Each hump can hold up to 36 kg of fat. The hump decreases in size and become flabby as its contents are metabolized.

And now, with a 1:20 man. The scale of the Camel is between 1:20 and 1:24

Last edited by Kikimalou on Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: The 2011 PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou   The 2011  PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 9:53 am

Kikimalou wrote:

...I think PAPO made a masterpiece with this Bactrian camel, the shape, pose, skin detail, painting are more than gorgeous. I didn't see this quality level since the old LINEOL and ELASTOLIN if you see what I mean. Again, PAPO is just raising the standartlevel of quality this year. drunken

... Yeah Christophe I absolutly agree with your words! Excellent mode more better than Schleichl! I,ll bought two at once for camel herd desert landscape!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The 2011 PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou   The 2011  PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 10:22 am

It is a wonderful figuere, - and excellent photoes as always, - thanks Christophe flower

I adore the old Papo camel, though. I know it is not nearly as accurate, but it has "something" Rolling Eyes

I notice you all call it a bactrian camel.
Are there any other species of camel ? Or is it just because some call dromedaries camels also ? scratch
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: The 2011 PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou   The 2011  PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 10:34 am

You guys will make my wife kill me Very Happy

skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: The 2011 PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou   The 2011  PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 10:50 am

SUSANNE wrote:

Are there any other species of camel ? Or is it just because some call dromedaries camels also ? scratch
Because it's name is Camelus bactrianus and Dromedary (or Arabian) camel is Camelus dromedarius Very Happy

ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: The 2011 PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou   The 2011  PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 1:21 pm

It's really a master pieces & when Schleich Bactrian Camel stand next to him, you can pride on him.

Thanks for sharing!!

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: The 2011 PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou   The 2011  PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 1:39 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
It is a wonderful figuere, - and excellent photoes as always, - thanks Christophe flower

I adore the old Papo camel, though. I know it is not nearly as accurate, but it has "something" Rolling Eyes

I notice you all call it a bactrian camel.

Wink Wink Wink Hi Sue!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The 2011 PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou   The 2011  PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 3:25 pm

Thanks Christophe, fantastic pictures and of course it is a masterpiece! I haven't found it yet in local shops but I'm sure it is a fantastic figure and surely I want it.
The back legs pointed downwards is a mark of Papo and surely it is from the same sculptor from Papo llama. Probabily all Papo figures are from the same sculptor! :)

Susanne, I understand clearly your question. Here in Portugal we use the same word to both species (camelo), few people uses the word (dromedário). Both are camels, but in Portugal when we say only camelo it would mean bactrian camel.
We have here a children song that is used to explain the difference (I'm not saying that you are a children) Laughing flower

The song in English:
Areias is a bactrian camel
He has two humps and a lot of hair! Embarassed

Portuguese version:
O Areias é um camelo
Tem duas bossas e muito pelo! Laughing

It is true but doesn't work!
You can hear the music here Laughing
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: The 2011 PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou   The 2011  PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 4:52 pm

Kiki I loove your "walk around" photos!!!
This camel is the best... definitely on my list!
Thank you for sharing :)

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: The 2011 PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou   The 2011  PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 5:32 pm

Christophe I would have been disappointed if you hadn't made a walk around of the camel! Nothing can beat your walk around pictures cheers bounce

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The 2011 PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou   The 2011  PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 8:57 pm

I hope you enjoy Harriet Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lasersword1973

Lasersword1973

Country/State : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: The 2011 PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou   The 2011  PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 1:02 am

Thanks for the wonderful photos, Christophe. cheers
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The 2011 PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou   The 2011  PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 10:14 am

Thank you Ron, for the kind words... And thank you to be here Wink
Back to top Go down
Lasersword1973

Lasersword1973

PostSubject: Re: The 2011 PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou   The 2011  PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 2:44 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Thank you Ron, for the kind words... And thank you to be here Wink

You are most welcome, Christophe. I am now here in the Philippines for a few days that's why I can browse the net whenever I have free time. :)
Back to top Go down
Gabe

Gabe

Country/State : NY

PostSubject: Re: The 2011 PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou   The 2011  PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 4:02 pm

I love this Asian camel... will definitely get him!
Thank so much, kiki! cheers

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   The 2011  PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 10:43 pm

Can anybody post s pic of both(Bactrian and Dromedary) Papo camels next to each other?
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The 2011 PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou   The 2011  PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 3:18 am

baltimore zoo wrote:
Can anybody post s pic of both(Bactrian and Dromedary) Papo camels next to each other?

I can't Laughing
Back to top Go down
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: The 2011 PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou   The 2011  PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 7:51 pm

I'm really hesitating between Papo's and Safari's Bactrian - could anyone post some comparison photos, please? :)

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: The 2011 PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou   The 2011  PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 8:03 pm

Mangalarga wrote:
I'm really hesitating between Papo's and Safari's Bactrian - could anyone post some comparison photos, please? :)
This one? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
or this one
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: The 2011 PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou   The 2011  PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 8:17 pm

This one, of course, I didn't know there was another one Razz

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: The 2011 PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou   The 2011  PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 8:30 pm

Mangalarga wrote:
This one, of course, I didn't know there was another one Razz
Neither did I Laughing I like this one :)

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The 2011 PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou   The 2011  PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 9:42 pm

I'd loved to see a website with all animal references from Safari as we find easily about Schleich!
When there is a place where we find everything from a brand it makes us even more eager about collect it. As happened with you I'm sure there are a lot of Safari figures that I don't know! :)
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: The 2011 PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou   The 2011  PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 10:00 pm

Christopher, Congratulations on this wonderful chameau.Je like it very much because already in stores, it's still the desert!
I have some pictures Heureusementque exelant to realize,
I like her posture, she reminds me a Bullyland.
Her coat and dress and go perfectly,
I put on my wish list!

cheers sunny bounce bounce I love you
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The 2011 PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou   The 2011  PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 10:44 pm

Mangalarga wrote:

Unfortunately I can't but one day, I will also buy the SAFARI Ltd Bactrian camel  Cool

lucky luke wrote:
Christopher, Congratulations on this wonderful chameau.Je like it very much because already in stores, it's still the desert!
I have some pictures Heureusementque exelant to realize,
I like her posture, she reminds me a Bullyland.
Her coat and dress and go perfectly,
I put on my wish list!

cheers  sunny  bounce  bounce  I love you

Marci jean-Luc, those models are available now in France... At last  Sleep

Last edited by Kikimalou on Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lasersword1973

Lasersword1973

PostSubject: Re: The 2011 PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou   The 2011  PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 3:09 pm

Mangalarga wrote:

I have the Safari Ltd's Bactrian Camel. And I would suggest you that shouldn't waste your money and effort to buy that. A big No No No

Sorry for the poor quality photo. This photo was taken from my old file at LG.

Last edited by Lasersword1973 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 2011 PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou   The 2011  PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou Empty

Back to top Go down

The 2011 PAPO Bactrian camel walk around by Kikimalou
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next