Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Takara Tomy Ania Cheetah Walkaround

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
VexVamp

VexVamp

Country/State : United States

Takara Tomy Ania Cheetah Walkaround Empty
PostSubject: Takara Tomy Ania Cheetah Walkaround   Takara Tomy Ania Cheetah Walkaround EmptyThu Sep 22, 2022 10:56 am

I really wish Takara didn't feel the need to put a ball swivel on their animals' necks, but other than that I think this is a nice figure. Always cool to find a cheetah with a different pose and expression than the norm.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://VexCollects.deviantart.com
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Takara Tomy Ania Cheetah Walkaround   Takara Tomy Ania Cheetah Walkaround EmptyThu Sep 22, 2022 3:11 pm

Lovely figure, but i am not familiar with the moveable part

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Takara Tomy Ania Cheetah Walkaround   Takara Tomy Ania Cheetah Walkaround EmptyFri Sep 23, 2022 12:03 am

The pose reminds me the beautiful Bayala cheetah. I enjoy the lean style, only the thick tail contrasts to it.

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Takara Tomy Ania Cheetah Walkaround   Takara Tomy Ania Cheetah Walkaround EmptyFri Sep 23, 2022 3:28 am

Ania/TOMY/Takara are quite original in what they do and often have nice sculpts. I am not convinced that children appreciate the moving parts, I feel that they use it more to contrast themselves with other brands.

Night Elf

PostSubject: Re: Takara Tomy Ania Cheetah Walkaround   Takara Tomy Ania Cheetah Walkaround EmptyFri Sep 23, 2022 9:02 am

Very nice! I had not seen this one; what a great pose. Thank you for sharing. Very Happy

VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Takara Tomy Ania Cheetah Walkaround   Takara Tomy Ania Cheetah Walkaround EmptyMon Sep 26, 2022 5:27 am

widukind wrote:
Lovely figure, but i am not familiar with the moveable part

The head is on a ball (a bit like a mount on a camera tripod) so it can be faced in different directions. I never really like it when they do that, because it's hard to conceal and doesn't add enough range of motion to be worth it, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Takara Tomy Ania Cheetah Walkaround   Takara Tomy Ania Cheetah Walkaround EmptyMon Sep 26, 2022 5:28 am

Roger wrote:
The pose reminds me the beautiful Bayala cheetah. I enjoy the lean style, only the thick tail contrasts to it.

Yes, I always like it when I can find a cheetah that isn't just running or standing still.
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Takara Tomy Ania Cheetah Walkaround   Takara Tomy Ania Cheetah Walkaround EmptyMon Sep 26, 2022 5:31 am

rogerpgvg wrote:
Ania/TOMY/Takara are quite original in what they do and often have nice sculpts. I am not convinced that children appreciate the moving parts, I feel that they use it more to contrast themselves with other brands.

Yes, I really enjoy a lot of their figures. It's funny, because as a kid I always remember liking the static toys better. More moving parts just mean more things that can break or get lost. When I was little, I had a Jurassic Park raptor figure who lost his bottom jaw.
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Takara Tomy Ania Cheetah Walkaround   Takara Tomy Ania Cheetah Walkaround EmptyMon Sep 26, 2022 5:31 am

Night Elf wrote:
Very nice! I had not seen this one; what a great pose. Thank you for sharing. Very Happy

Glad you like it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Takara Tomy Ania Cheetah Walkaround   Takara Tomy Ania Cheetah Walkaround Empty

Back to top Go down

Takara Tomy Ania Cheetah Walkaround
Page 1 of 1