Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin

Go down 
+9
landrover
costicuba
sunny
Caracal
Kikimalou
widukind
Roger
rogerpgvg
75senta75
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
75senta75

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin Empty
PostSubject: Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin   Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin EmptyThu Oct 27, 2022 10:03 pm

Here is a small overview of the different generations of Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin.

arrow Three Elastolin Bactrian camels from 1930 and their popular zookeeper by Pfeiffer in the same age.

Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin Img_6310

Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin Img_6312

arrow Next generation, the adult Elastolin Bactrian camel with a young camel around 1950.

Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin Img_6411

Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin Img_6313

arrow Pfeiffer dromedary around 1914

Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin 2022-050

arrow Next dromedary generation by Elastolin around 1950.

Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin Img_6413

flower On the left the Pfeiffer dromedary from 1915 and on the right the Elastolin dromedary from 1950.

Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin Img_6412

arrow Now two adult Bactrian camels by Lineol: On the left the old bactrian camel (Nr. 523, III. generation) from 1931-1940
and on the right the next generation IV. (634), made between 1940-1960.

Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin Img_6414

arrow The Bactrian camels from IV. generation by Lineol. The adult Bactrian camel (Nr. 634) and his young friend (Nr. 636).

Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin Img_6415

arrow The Lineol dromedary from the IV. generation (1940-1960). Dromedary adult (Nr. 630) and his young friend (Nr. 632).

Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin Img_6416

Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin Img_6417

arrow After the whole family has introduced itself, here is a little insight into their everyday life. What is the camels' favourite activity ?
Well, what do they like to do most time, wander through the desert and meet each other in the oasis in the evening - or something like that.

Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin Img_6439

Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin Img_6437

Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin Img_6438

Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin Img_6467

arrow Their enclosure is by brand Gottschalk around 1940.

Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin Img_6466

Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin Img_6468

Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin Img_6469

Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin Img_6470

Last edited by 75senta75 on Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin   Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin EmptyThu Oct 27, 2022 10:17 pm

What a joy to see these photos. Fantastic collection of early camels. I particularly like the 1930 Elastolin and the Lineol IV with Bedouin. It's great that you have found an enclosure and hut for them, it makes the scene and collection complete.

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin   Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin EmptyThu Oct 27, 2022 10:27 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
I particularly like the 1930 Elastolin and the Lineol IV with Bedouin. It's great that you have found an enclosure and hut for them, it makes the scene and collection complete.
Thank you Roger II.
The Gottschalk company was mainly known for their extraordinary doll's houses, but Gottschalk also made some very nice zoo enclosures. They are perfect for Lineol and Schleich animals.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin   Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin EmptyThu Oct 27, 2022 11:35 pm

Yvette, all those photos and figures are so beautiful! flower
It is evident you put many effort to offer such a great topic to our community. cheers
I really love best the most recent Lineol and Elastolin but every single figure is so beautiful.
Camels favorite thing is surely to be part of your collection because we all love to be where we are loved. Very Happy

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin   Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin EmptyFri Oct 28, 2022 6:36 am

Wonderful treasures

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin   Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin EmptyFri Oct 28, 2022 2:06 pm

Many thanks Roger and Andreas. Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin   Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin EmptyFri Oct 28, 2022 4:00 pm

Great pics, great models, great topic cheers You have a wonderful collection !

May I add a few pics ? Embarassed
Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin   Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin EmptyFri Oct 28, 2022 4:08 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
May I add a few pics ?

Thank you very much Christophe.
Yes, of course, it would be very interesting, if you can add some more pictures. cheers

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin   Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin EmptyFri Oct 28, 2022 4:35 pm

Very Happy oohh!! What wonderful models and pictures! Big congratulations Yvette! cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin   Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin EmptyFri Oct 28, 2022 4:42 pm

Thank you very much Caracal. I just see in moment, in one of the photos a modern Bactrian camel/dromedary has joined the vintage group. At the first view, it is easy to be overlooked.
Have you find the modern figure, that want to be a vintage figure ? Wink

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin   Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin EmptyFri Oct 28, 2022 5:47 pm

Shocked heu .. not yet.. that maybe means some modern models are very good too! Laughing
Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin   Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin EmptyFri Oct 28, 2022 5:48 pm

Caracal wrote:
eu .. not yet.. that maybe means some modern models are very good too!

It´s only a single modern figure... Smile

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin   Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin EmptyFri Oct 28, 2022 10:28 pm

75senta75 wrote:

Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin Img_6417

what a magnificent herd of camels you have! bravo!!

thank you for sharing these exciting figures :)
It is interesting to see the different levels of detail in the 2 species over the generations. Camels to suit every collector? I even spotted the modern day one and thought, oh! an intruder Wink

Most of all I love the little dromedary baby here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin   Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin EmptySat Oct 29, 2022 2:51 am

What a beautiful topic , with all these so great photos , showing these amazing models in a perfect way ! Applause cheers
It is a real pleasure to watch every single photo and learn more about every model.
Especially these, which I never see on hand.
Thank you very much dear Yvette !
And yes, I saw the modern dromedary , trying to steel the old glory of the models around Laughing

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin   Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin EmptySat Oct 29, 2022 4:22 am

Big congratulations, this topic show us , marvellous figures and interesting information .

study study study study

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin   Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin EmptySat Oct 29, 2022 1:03 pm

75senta75 wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
May I add a few pics ?

Thank you very much Christophe.
Yes, of course, it would be very interesting, if you can add some more pictures. cheers

So here we are, unfortunately without blue skye and palm trees Laughing

First a meeting between Lineol IV, Hausser Elastolin (both post WW2) and the Pfeiffer from 1914.
Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin Composition-camels-2

Then a few comparison pics with the Pfeiffer Dromadary produced from 1900 to 1914.
It means it is probably the first Industrially produced toy camel ever !

With the Lineol 524 Dromedary III (1932-1940)
Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin Composition-camels-4

Now with the Belgian Durso ( can't tell anything about the production years)
Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin Composition-camels-5

Two Pfeiffer on this pic, the one from 1900 and the one from 1950 (Tipple-Topple)
Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin Composition-camels-6

With the Lineol 630 Dromedary IV (1940-60)
Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin Composition-camels-1

The whole family  cheers
Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin Composition-camels-3
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin   Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin EmptySat Oct 29, 2022 5:04 pm

So many wonderful old models Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin   Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin EmptySun Oct 30, 2022 1:16 am

Wow! Thank you very much for the beautiful pictures, Christophe.
With this second part you really complete the presentation.
First of all with the way it's presented, and second of all because of the models, of which some are extremely rare.
I keep getting astonished by your brilliant photos, which perfectly manage to display the beauty of these old figurines.
Thank you very, very much for this wonderful addition.
The old Pfeiffer models are a true rarity, but the Durso is also stunning.
As you wrote, the old Pfeiffer dromedary (1900-1914) is probably the first industrially produced toy camel ever.
Although composition animals were produced long before the year 1900 in other ways, it wasn't done in the way that Pfeiffer did it.
Emil Pfeiffer began his production of composition animals approximately between 1880 and 1890.
Pfeiffer Austria is often called the "inventor" of composition animals, because he renewed the production of these figurines around the year 1900.
Back then, he already had about 100 employees. Another of Pfeiffer's novelties was the integration of metal wire in the figurines, in order to stabilize them.

In his catalogue from 1914, Pfeiffer already shows models of dromedaries and Bactrian camels.
There are single figures with their own article numbers, but we also see them in various sets.

Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin Katalo10

Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin Pfeiff16

Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin Pfeiff14

Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin Pfeiff15

In the catalogue from 1914 is also the Bactrian camel from the Lilliput series. But that is a topic for the next episode.

The Elastolin Dromedary/Bactrian camel from 1950 was available in several paint versions and it was very often sold as a figure for traditional Christmas cribs.

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin   Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin EmptySun Oct 30, 2022 1:50 am

Thank you Sunny, Andreas, Kosta, Fernando and Taos for your comments.Smile

sunny wrote:
It is interesting to see the different levels of detail in the 2 species over the generations. Camels to suit every collector?

Yes, Pfeiffer (Elastolin) and Lineol have always placed great emphasis on attention to detail over all the years.

costicuba wrote:
It is a real pleasure to watch every single photo and learn more about every model. Especially these, which I never see on hand.

Many thanks dear Kosta. The rarest models are the old Pfeiffer figures posted by Christophe.
I only know them almost from photos too. drunken

Sunny wrote:
I even spotted the modern day one and thought, oh!
costicuba wrote:
...and And yes, I saw the modern dromedary , trying to steel the old glory of the models around

yes, at first glance the modern figure is not immediately visible. Only at the second glance. The reason is actually, I also took photos at the same time for "old meets young", where the modern camels are shown with the vintage models. Wink

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin   Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin EmptySun Oct 30, 2022 2:54 am

Wow, this topic bacame more and more interesting, with these amazing rarities, which Kiki showed cheers
Such a joy for the eye I love you

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin   Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin EmptySun Oct 30, 2022 1:03 pm

Thank you Yvette and Kosta.

I never imagine I would be the proud owner of such expensive oldies... especially for a cheap price Laughing
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin   Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin EmptySun Oct 30, 2022 6:29 pm

I am completely lost for words affraid Shocked

For somebody who loves all camels, this is such a huge joy to watch bounce

Thankyou very much for making the sun shine, even if it is dark outside sunny flower cheers

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin   Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin EmptySun Oct 30, 2022 9:10 pm

Beautiful camel comparison. The quality of these old composition models is amazing.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin   Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin EmptyMon Oct 31, 2022 1:14 pm

These topics with interactions between members are a landmark of this forum and it is wonderful to see such a historically rich topic on forum. It is nice to know we will have more episodes.
Thanks for sahring your caravan Christophe, You've always been a camel enthusiast. Very Happy

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin   Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin EmptyMon Oct 31, 2022 4:29 pm

Wonderful vintage camels Smile It's a joy to see so many examples, and they are all beautifully sculpted Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin   Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin Empty

Back to top Go down

Bactrian camels and dromedaries by Lineol and Elastolin
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next