Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D

Go down 
+39
Tarunyada
LindsyCreedon
Takama
smallscaleworld
AlvinCK
koniminiatures
LeeAnn
NightLioness
Chris Sweetman
widukind
Taylcoel
schleich61
skysthelimit
sortepletter
Elros Alvar
Vondan
Ana
Master_Cat
krista
scot(t)
Cyhyraeth
remowshake
aandmkw
BornThisWay
Katty
PeGe
JackyLovertjex
Sumo
Mastiffcat
Sergey
WILLYBACOMAN
Kikimalou
lucky luke
SyLoBe
ken yeo
Roger
HKHollinstone
Silver Unicornis
SUSANNE
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
AlvinCK

AlvinCK

Country/State : Malaysia

Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D   Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 3:41 pm

Hi everyone, meet Lady Wolf. She's from Kurdistan. She used to be a sniper:affraid: but she gave up her former profession mostly because she loves dogs and animals so she was on the look out for a new job when I spotted her and called her in, so she's now joined as a Zookeeper for my animals! cheers cheers She has her wolf-dog to help her out in her new job.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
smallscaleworld

smallscaleworld

Country/State : Hampshire, UK

PostSubject: Re: Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D   Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 1:00 am

widukind wrote:
Nice herd of sheperds  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Surly it's a 'flock' of shepherds?  Laughing 

eBay - smallscaleworld
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D   Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D - Page 6 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 3:02 am

Just got my Replacements for the 1:12 and 1:50 Scale People.

This Couple is 1:30, but im using them for Comparison with 1:32 Inch Dinosaurs i will be commissioning. (I been thinking about getting them both a Vehicle. as well)

Back to top Go down
sortepletter

sortepletter

Country/State : Niedersachsen Germany

PostSubject: Re: Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D   Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 3:53 pm

In our barn we've got twin brothers, but as there is still too much work, a new girl applied for a job. John knows her from another barn, so there's a big hug when the two meet again.
He summons his twin brother on his mobile
But as the two have never met before it's just a polite handshake

And no hugs for the boss of course
For a test she has to prove she can put neat braids on a pleasure horse - under the critical eyes of the men
And look what a great job she did - she's hired Laughing
The figurines are Fox Mulder and Dana Scully from McFarlane Toys and the are in scale with not too big classic Breyers
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D   Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 3:55 pm

WOW ! My favorite series actors are working in your stable cheers

Which one is the real Mulder, and which ones are aliens affraid Laughing

sortepletter

sortepletter

Country/State : Niedersachsen Germany

PostSubject: Re: Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D   Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 4:01 pm

Oops, now you got me Embarassed I never saw a single episode of X-files in my life geek I just liked the figurines because of their 'stableyard-outfits' with safety shoes and padded vests and stuff.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D   Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 6:16 pm

You must see them if you can find them Very Happy
I have seen them all at least twice Embarassed Laughing

LindsyCreedon

LindsyCreedon

Country/State : ON, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D   Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 4:50 am

This is a pretty old topic but I found it interesting. I've never been very interested in the people that come with toy sets, I'm an animal person - until I started collecting Schleich. I love the people! At first I was only collecting the people to make scenes with my horses, but I found that I got attached to the people themselves and I've started collecting them even when they aren't strictly involved with horses (although most of mine are). I started with Schleich, but just like with my horses, I've branched out to different brands. Papo are now actually my favourite, there is something so charming about them.

Schleich, except for the bottom three, which are Papo.

All are Schleich at the barn. I have a few more riders that aren't set up yet.

My cowboys/girls and most of my other riders. Most are Schleich but one of the cowgirls is a Safari repaint and there is a Safari man in dressage finery on a Schleich Friesian. Of course Ted and two Mojo Fun Cowboys in the centre.

Two knights, Schleich and Papo mixed together.

My Native American people, all Schleich but the smaller lady who is Mojo Fun. I'm going to get them set up better but they are newer arrivals.

Last but not least are the settlers. The donkey is searching for his miner still and the rest of the wagon trail is hoping to find the settler family. LOL

Lindsy :)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D   Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 11:50 am

This is wonderful cheers bounce cheers
Your shelves and dioramas are awesome !!! Gosh, - that barn, - is it made of Tunesian crochet ?

I so totally agree that collecting people-models is fun also, and that Papo has made some very charming ones ...and Safai too Very Happy
I have at the moment two Papo horses and riders on my piano, where I enjoy them every day

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]upload image online
Hey, look at that Siamussy kitty, - always poking her head up when I take pictures  Laughing

Thankyou for bring this topic forward again  sunny

LindsyCreedon

LindsyCreedon

PostSubject: Re: Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D   Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 5:06 pm

Thank you so much for the compliments. The shelves are from Ikea and meant for DVDs, but I have repurposed them :) . Billy from Ikea is the shelf that the barn is on. I will be removing books and using several others for dioramas. It was the only way I could think to do a fairly large diorama without taking up too much space.

My mother has made the barn using plastic canvas and yarn. She did a very nice job in making the stone, I think, and the horses are quite happy to be stabled there Wink . I plan to have her make several backgrounds for my Native Americans and Western Settlers.

I have been considering some Bullyland people as well to add into my scenes. I am wondering how do they compare in scale to Schleich and Papo?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D   Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 9:44 pm

Ahhh, now I see : That is half stitch Cross stitches, I think ! What a woderful idea cheers
Must be nice and warm for stable too Very Happy

Thankyou for telling about the shelves. This kind of info is both interesting and useful Applause

About the Bully people, - as far as I remember, they are a bit larger than for instance Papo. I use Papo riders for my Bully horses Wink

But there are some wonderful Bullyland models in their "Alpine world"-series, IMHO Very Happy
The Inuits were brilliant for an Arctic diorama, but unfortunately they are retired now...may still be possible to find them, though...

Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D   Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 10:01 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]upload image online
Hey, look at that Siamussy kitty, - always poking her head up when I take pictures  Laughing

Haha, I thought I saw a familiar face What a Face Nice addition to your photo! Razz

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D   Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 10:24 pm

I think I have one of the people from Bullylands "Alpine World" series, the boy with the Border Collie (the dog looks like a Border Collie, so in my eyes it is a Border Collie Laughing)

I see several familiar faces Very Happy

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D   Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 12:19 am

Fabulous Lindsy! cheers Everything looks perfect and it is nice that you mix several brands. I love especially these Indians and I have the small Mojö lady too and how great yours is in much better company than mine. Very Happy

LindsyCreedon

PostSubject: Re: Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D   Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 4:44 pm

The Alpine World series are very cute people, I had thought of trying to find them, maybe some day. For now I am going to concentrate on what I have. Bullyland has some very nice Native Americans and Cowboys that I've been looking at I love you . I'd like the Inuit people as well. So many nifty people so little time! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D   Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 14, 2020 5:36 pm

my men evolution sets:

the first one from Bullyland:

..from Safari ltd:

..from Quick-burgers:

together for size comparison (+ Safari Carnegie Australopithecus):

Australopithecus genus:

Homo genus:

habilis:

(to notice, Safari Australopithecus and Homo habilis have no sex! )

erectus (with a Starlux on the right):

(to notice, The Quick erectus is hairy and has no sex)

neanderthal:

(from left; Bullyland, 2 CollectA, Safari, 2 Bullyland, Tomy Ania, 2 Starlux)

sapiens (with a Starlux on right):

Last edited by Caracal on Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:35 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D   Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 14, 2020 6:11 pm

This is absolutely amazing cheers

A wonderful and interesting presentation of these people from various brands , - even Starlux is there Applause
I will surely come back and look at them again and again Applause

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D   Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 15, 2020 12:45 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I really enjoyed it! Such remarkable figures and very well presented. I am actually a very open minded person but how come a Quick erectus withtout sex? Wink

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D   Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 15, 2020 4:18 pm

Very Happy  Thank to you both Susanne and Rogério! :)

Last edited by Caracal on Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D   Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 15, 2020 4:57 pm

I also have Evolution of Man, by Safari LTD (Safariology, 2014).
A couple of these are cartoony, I will admit, but it is a great chance to get 5 hominids in one set. The older Bullyland set is probably better, but hard to come by these days.

1. †Australopithecus afarensis
2. 'handy man', †Homo habilis
3. 'erect man', †Homo erectus
4. neanderthal, †Homo neanderthalensis
5. modern human, Homo sapiens sapiens

Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D   Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 15, 2020 5:59 pm

Some of mine[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D   Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 15, 2020 6:11 pm

SO MANY cheers

And from many different brands  and styles Applause
Wonderful to scroll slowly down and enjoy them Very Happy

The little old lady in yellow dress and white pinafore, - do you know what brand she is ?
I have had one like that for ages, but never knew anything about the poor lady Rolling Eyes

Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D   Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 15, 2020 7:10 pm

She is by New Ray. Smile

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D   Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 15, 2020 8:07 pm

Taylor, when you mention "some"... affraid

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D   Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 15, 2020 8:41 pm

Taos wrote:
She is by New Ray. Smile

WOW ! I would not have guessed ! Shocked
Taylor, you solved a long lasting mystery for me cheers

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D   Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Models of human figures, - show us your people :-D
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next