Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Primitive Horse breeds & Prehistoric equines

Go down 
+2
bmathison1972
FlaffyRaptors
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
FlaffyRaptors

FlaffyRaptors

Country/State : United Kingdom

Primitive Horse breeds & Prehistoric equines - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primitive Horse breeds & Prehistoric equines   Primitive Horse breeds & Prehistoric equines - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2022 7:15 am

Just wanted to share a short video of rewilding Koniks in Britain. Facinating stuff, didn't realise the semi-feral breed was used so extensively in rewilding programs across the nation! And with the recent reintroduction and new births of Wisent, things are starting to look up for UK biodiversity. cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

Primitive Horse breeds & Prehistoric equines - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primitive Horse breeds & Prehistoric equines   Primitive Horse breeds & Prehistoric equines - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2022 8:55 am

FlaffyRaptors wrote:
There's no reason for CollectA to not make the extinct Quagga as well, since they already have a Plains Zebra sculpt; just a repaint will suffice I believe? And if we're lucky, CollectA can get a LOT of mileage out of that Plains Zebra sculpt by repainting it into the many other Equus quagga subspecies.

I'd LOVE to see that, there's another idea which could come true now they're re-releasing colours. Though perhaps whoever decides Wildlife releases isn't the same one decision-making for the horse range. I bought a duplicate Zebra and gave her a custom paintjob, I think the mould looks brilliant in a different colour - she's one of my favourite models now Very Happy !

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Primitive Horse breeds & Prehistoric equines
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2