Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kaplan North American Wildlife Set

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

Kaplan North American Wildlife Set Empty
PostSubject: Kaplan North American Wildlife Set   Kaplan North American Wildlife Set EmptyWed Nov 16, 2022 11:44 pm

Just came across these.  Some of them look very 'AAA' type models especially the antelope as I have seen it before.  But I LOVE LOVE LOVE the male and female moose.  Great details and very cute. Otter also nicely sculpt.....

I dont want to buy an entire set just for those two models so I hope they appear for sale individually somewhere...somehow!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Website here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Kaplan North American Wildlife Set   Kaplan North American Wildlife Set EmptyThu Nov 17, 2022 5:28 am

Nice, but yes old AAA.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Kaplan North American Wildlife Set   Kaplan North American Wildlife Set EmptyThu Nov 17, 2022 5:56 am

Those are all old AAA moulds. Interesting to see a new brand using them though!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Numa
Numa

PostSubject: Re: Kaplan North American Wildlife Set   Kaplan North American Wildlife Set EmptyThu Nov 17, 2022 11:02 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Those are all old AAA moulds. Interesting to see a new brand using them though!

Okay interesting.......so the question now is, where can I find the AAA moose pair for sale? :-)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Kaplan North American Wildlife Set   Kaplan North American Wildlife Set EmptyThu Nov 17, 2022 9:22 pm

Another brand using AAA models, many good brands started like this.
I don't know if Mamejo Nature sold these in USA, or Yolanda in Spain. I think so but they're not easy to find at all.
If shipping is not absurd, what I doubt, the best option is to buy this set and sell the remaining ones individually or in small lots.
In fact, the antelope is not an antelope, it is the fallow deer mold but I have no idea what they want to represent here. Those fawns are used interchangeably as antelope/gazelle or deer fawns. Obviously with colors corresponding to the parents. I have the fox, it doesn't look like a red fox at all but it is a beautiful figure.

TheWholeCollection

PostSubject: Re: Kaplan North American Wildlife Set   Kaplan North American Wildlife Set EmptyThu Nov 17, 2022 10:05 pm

I actually purchased this Kaplan set through Amazon a while ago (in 2021 according to my purchase history), and most of the figures were marked with AAA in a circle. The other figures were marked AAA in a triangle shape. I took pictures of the figures, I still had the box so I emptied it of the figures I stored in it and took pictures of it as well. Some of mine are still in the package since I didn't need to display those ones yet. I forget which eagle was from this set and which one was from a lot, but if I had to take a guess I'd say the first one (marked with the three A's in triangle) but I pictured both anyway. All the animals marked AAA in circle also have the letter 'R' in circle, as do my other eagle and other AAA figures not from the Kaplan set. But the ones marked with the triangle A's don't seem to have the R. Both Moose, Wolf, Fox, Otter, both bears, two of the deer, all have the AAA in circle. The eagle and the one fawn are the only exceptions.
I attached pictures of my Kaplan set, I don't mind removing the figures from the package if needed.

I actually assumed that these were authentic AAA figures based on the text about AAA on TAW. What do you think? I've also been wondering if the A's in triangle on these figures are the same as mentioned below or not? (I inserted TAW's description below for convenience, all writing belongs to the original author and TAW). I see Roger just posted something similar, but I added the TAW description anyhow.

"AAA
A rather mysterious Chinese brand, AAA most likely never sold under their own name. After commencing production in 1968 as a subsidiary of Nayab, AAA figurines have been purchased and redistributed by brands such as Bullyland, ELC, Mamejo, Ravensden, Safari Ltd, Schleich, and Yolanda. The company was notorious for their widespread ranges of figures, including many that were made in both small and large variations. Being so wide-ranging among other companies, AAA molds are only identified by the presence of a triangle composed of three "A" 's or a singular "A" inside a circle located on the figure's underbelly. AAA was held as one of the most readily available but mysterious brands. Despite its widespread distribution, AAA purportedly went out of business some time before early 2022 (the exact date is unknown)."

Here are my Kaplan Pictures:

*May need to use cardboard to help them stand up as was the case with mine*

I circled the eagle I think was most likely the one from this set. Marked three A's in triangle. It is worth mentioning the other eagle marked AAA in circle also has the 'R' in circle.

The Box:

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Kaplan North American Wildlife Set   Kaplan North American Wildlife Set EmptyThu Nov 17, 2022 10:38 pm

Thank you for the photos! 

I have noticed some AAA based sets in various places online (amazon, target, walmart, etc.). They seem to be making some sort of comeback. Funnily enough, my brother had a statue with a scenery base of this bull moose sculpt, he bought it in Yellowstone National Park when we were kids. I recognized the sculpt of the AAA immediately because of that. I wonder... did the AAA toy come first? Or the artists sculpture?

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Kaplan North American Wildlife Set   Kaplan North American Wildlife Set EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 1:04 am

Those are genuine AAA for sure. Though, I find interesting the fact that two figures have different markings.
It is possible to list the brand and set on TAW linking to the molds with corresponding colors but I don't think it is important at the moment.
I think AAA moulds are with Nayab and we will continue seeing these figures being sold by different brands.
It seems something similar to the British company E-Learning Center which used some AAA figures too.

TheWholeCollection

PostSubject: Re: Kaplan North American Wildlife Set   Kaplan North American Wildlife Set EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 1:10 am

Re: Roger

Good to know that these are genuine! Smile
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

PostSubject: Re: Kaplan North American Wildlife Set   Kaplan North American Wildlife Set EmptyThu Dec 01, 2022 6:48 pm

I really love the moose, thanks for all these pictures. Question is, how can one purchase just the moose models? Everywhere online they are sold as a set...shame Sad
Back to top Go down
TheWholeCollection

TheWholeCollection

PostSubject: Re: Kaplan North American Wildlife Set   Kaplan North American Wildlife Set EmptyFri Dec 02, 2022 12:35 am

Re: Numa

I'm glad my pictures were useful. I hope you find the moose figures someday!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kaplan North American Wildlife Set   Kaplan North American Wildlife Set Empty

Back to top Go down

Kaplan North American Wildlife Set
Page 1 of 1