Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Please vote for Show Us Yours of October! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
bounce bounce bounce Please check here the incredible line-up of Safari LTD for 2017! bounce bounce bounce

Share | 

The 2011 Mountain tapir walkaround review by Kikimalou

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gabe

Country/State : NY

PostSubject: Re: The 2011 Mountain tapir walkaround review by Kikimalou   Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:00 am

Wow! this tapir is amazing! I can't believe I have no tapirs at all in my collection! Must buy one! (Schleich... tongue )
congratulations Kiki! cheers

Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The 2011 Mountain tapir walkaround review by Kikimalou   Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:11 am

Thank you everybody, I'm very happy you like it Very Happy

It's my first baby in clay I love you I still can't believe I made it myself Laughing

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: The 2011 Mountain tapir walkaround review by Kikimalou   Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:45 am

Very nice, thanks for all of the photos, especially the series on making him.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia, Spain

PostSubject: Re: The 2011 Mountain tapir walkaround review by Kikimalou   Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:01 am

What a beautiful family Christophe! cheers cheers congrats!!!
I really like the making of :) What kind of clay do you used? and that change to green colour for the skin, is it another clay?
The figure is much better after Harriet tips :) did you make it again from the beggining or did you fix the original one?
now maybe the turn for the baby tapirs Razz Wink
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The 2011 Mountain tapir walkaround review by Kikimalou   Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:59 am

@WILLYBACOMAN wrote:

I think, you created a new species, the "electric tapir".... geek

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The 2011 Mountain tapir walkaround review by Kikimalou   Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:16 am

Thank you Phil, Willy and Joan Very Happy

Abu Rai wrote:
What a beautiful family Christophe! cheers cheers congrats!!!
I really like the making of :) What kind of clay do you used? and that change to green colour for the skin, is it another clay?
The figure is much better after Harriet tips :) did you make it again from the beggining or did you fix the original one?
now maybe the turn for the baby tapirs Razz Wink

The white clay is WEPAM, an hairdryer porcelein, it is easy to work but not very fine on small detail, at least for me Wink

The green thing is greenstuff from GamesWorkshop, it's a two component clay which dry in about 1 hour and a half. The last clay I used is MIlliput, another air drying one, on the back of the tapir.

It's the same tapir before and after the tips. Harriet told me the chest need to be bigger, the back was too high and the right foreleg was like a sausage Laughing .
So I made the changement on the back, the chest and the sausage.
She also thought the neck was too long but the problem disappeared when I changed the chest.
I thought the ears were too thin and too big so I changed them too.

After that, I made the eyes and the toes Very Happy

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: The 2011 Mountain tapir walkaround review by Kikimalou   Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:06 am

@Kikimalou wrote:
It's the same tapir before and after the tips. Harriet told me the chest need to be bigger, the back was too high and the right foreleg was like a sausage Laughing .
So I made the changement on the back, the chest and the sausage.
Laughing

The toes are really wonderfully done Christophe, they are perfect cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Yurumi

Country/State : Leipzig, GERMANY

PostSubject: Re: The 2011 Mountain tapir walkaround review by Kikimalou   Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:11 pm

Dear Christophe, I think everything has been said and I join with our collector friends. Simply a fantastic model which you have since formed, thanks to the images and the explanation. Very Happy cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joe

Country/State : USA Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: The 2011 Mountain tapir walkaround review by Kikimalou   Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:45 pm

Cristophe you did a great job on your taipar, I have always found greenstuff hard to work with on larger sculpts myself.

Great job keep it up and happy sculpting.

Joe
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The 2011 Mountain tapir walkaround review by Kikimalou   Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:57 pm

@Yurumi wrote:
Dear Christophe, I think everything has been said and I join with our collector friends. Simply a fantastic model which you have since formed, thanks to the images and the explanation. Very Happy cheers Very Happy

Thank you very much Ralf, I try to do my best each time... The mountain is high buy the ox is patient Wink

@Joe wrote:
Cristophe you did a great job on your taipar, I have always found greenstuff hard to work with on larger sculpts myself.

Great job keep it up and happy sculpting.

Joe

thank you Joe. Indeed greenstuff is not easy to work with. Next time I will use Milliput because it dry more slowly.

Yurumi

PostSubject: Re: The 2011 Mountain tapir walkaround review by Kikimalou   Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:02 am

@Kikimalou wrote:
... The mountain is high buy the ox is patient Wink

scratch ...unfortunately I have not understanding question question question scratch drunken scratch ...sorry, my English is bad Embarassed Crying or Very sad

And Yes, too Luke to, the French collectors are the World Champions of the Tapir models. king
BG
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The 2011 Mountain tapir walkaround review by Kikimalou   Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:27 am

@Yurumi wrote:
@Kikimalou wrote:

scratch ...unfortunately I have not understanding question question question scratch drunken scratch ...sorry, my English is bad Embarassed Crying or Very sad

And Yes, too Luke to, the French collectors are the World Champions of the Tapir models. king
BG

Laughing Laughing Mine is probably bad too Laughing

Maybe like that Wink : Der Berg ist hoch, aber das Rind hat Geduld

Yurumi

PostSubject: Re: The 2011 Mountain tapir walkaround review by Kikimalou   Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:36 am

@Kikimalou wrote:
@Yurumi wrote:
@Kikimalou wrote:

BG

Laughing Laughing Mine is probably bad too Laughing

Maybe like that Wink : Der Berg ist hoch, aber das Rind hat Geduld

Ahhh...ok, a proverb, I understand now Laughing Wink Very Happy

But your German is exquisite Laughing Laughing Laughing cheers

BG

Sorry, my English is not so good, I hope You understand me Embarassed drunken What a Face Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 2011 Mountain tapir walkaround review by Kikimalou   Today at 5:19 pm

Back to top Go down

The 2011 Mountain tapir walkaround review by Kikimalou
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2