Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ELC Muntjac Model

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

ELC Muntjac Model Empty
PostSubject: ELC Muntjac Model    ELC Muntjac Model EmptyFri 02 Dec 2022, 14:13

I was so happy to find this little model in amongst a set of UK Early Learning Centre (AAA made) model deers on ebay recently.  I bough the set just for this little model, my first muntjac in my collection.  It is slightly larger in scale but I dont care, I am just happy to have this cute model because I think the sculpting is pretty sweet.  Not sure what species it is modelled on but one of a few UK wild ones I believe.  Just sharing these images in the hope of inspiring others who may want it to get searching on ebay.  Enjoy Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

ELC Muntjac Model Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELC Muntjac Model    ELC Muntjac Model EmptyFri 02 Dec 2022, 14:15

Big congratulations, great catch. It is my favourite ELC figure and i am happy to own it

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Farm collector

Country/State : Norway

ELC Muntjac Model Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELC Muntjac Model    ELC Muntjac Model EmptyFri 02 Dec 2022, 14:18

It has teeth sticking out of it,s mouth, so maybe a Dikdik antilope?

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

ELC Muntjac Model Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELC Muntjac Model    ELC Muntjac Model EmptyFri 02 Dec 2022, 14:45

Congratulations for your barking deer. I remember this series being very popular on forum. It is still a fantastic series. You can find it listed on TAW, through this link where it is listed as an Indian muntjac. I don't remember where this identification came from, perhaps Reeves's muntjac was an option because it is a British wildlife series and I think the latter was the species introduced more than 100 years ago in England. It is a figure I would love to get to be fair.

Edit: I've found Christophe's explanation to identify it as an Indian muntjac, it is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

ELC Muntjac Model Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELC Muntjac Model    ELC Muntjac Model EmptyFri 02 Dec 2022, 20:03

Yes its a really lovely model and would agree that its a Chinese/Reeves Muntjac as its the only species that managed to survive in the UK.Initially both the Indian and the Chinese species were introduced to the UK but in the end the Chinese won out!

ELC Muntjac Model Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELC Muntjac Model    ELC Muntjac Model Empty

Back to top Go down

ELC Muntjac Model
Page 1 of 1