Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My first newcomers 2023

Go down 
+5
Joliezac
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
thomas-asa
9 posters
AuthorMessage
thomas-asa

thomas-asa

Country/State : Germany

My first newcomers 2023 Empty
PostSubject: My first newcomers 2023   My first newcomers 2023 EmptySat Jan 07, 2023 3:20 pm

I had not bought any new figures from Schleich for a long time. Therefore, I was a little surprised about the new logo. Also the mark "designed in Germany Made in Vietnam" was new to me. But at least the whole address of Schleich is not written on the animals anymore. However, something like a species name is still missing.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Unfortunately, the purchase of a Rebor figure turned out negatively. But more about that later. Here are the Schleich figures:

The chameleon changes its color when the temperature changes. However, it is very dark at room temperature. Rubbing it in your hand does not change it. Only when it comes in contact with very warm water, it becomes much lighter and colorful.
But it loses its color again within a minute.

From Rebor I found an extraordinary figure. I love this whole presentation: Rebor Oddities Compsognathus longipes - Preserved Dissection Specimen

It comes with a printed outer packaging made of thin cardboard, in the form of a leather-bound book. Inside there is an anatomical drawing on brownish paper. All in the style of a very old museum exhibit. The actual figure is in a wooden box made of very thin wood with a pull-out (framed) glass pane. Unfortunately, this frame is broken in my case, but you can " stick " it together. Therefore, nothing can be seen in the pictures. Also, more effort could have been made with the coloring of the wood, it is very stained. In addition, the back panel is so thin that the screw for hanging the figure on the back breaks through. Furthermore, there is no way to hang the frame and the nameplate with double-sided tape stuck crooked. Too bad.

Conclusion Rebor: brilliant idea, top figure, well-made outer packaging, botched wooden frame (at least for me). I would have preferred to raise the price a bit, for more quality.

But on the shelf in any case an eye-catcher !

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My first newcomers 2023   My first newcomers 2023 EmptySat Jan 07, 2023 7:12 pm

A nice choice of newcomers - Congratulations

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: My first newcomers 2023   My first newcomers 2023 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2023 9:46 pm

Splendid newcomers! Congratulations.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My first newcomers 2023   My first newcomers 2023 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2023 10:53 pm

Is it serious about the chameleon? Laughing Very good assortment of Schleich models. If the brand continues presenting species like these, it will keep interesting to collectors.
I love the presentation of the Rebor, a pity the box is so fragile.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: My first newcomers 2023   My first newcomers 2023 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2023 12:35 am

Oh geez, I read your post but the detail about the chameleon changing color didn't register... HOW COOL! What a great idea for that species.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: My first newcomers 2023   My first newcomers 2023 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2023 12:44 am

Great additions! The aardvark is very cute, I can't wait to add it to my collection this year along with Mojo's. I hadn't seen images of the poison dart frog yet. Since the blue poison dart frog is my favorite of the poison frogs I will certainly be picking it up!

Wow the chameleon changing color is very cool! I don't think I've heard of any of the brands doing that before?? Even if you can only see it under hot water that is very cool nonetheless!

Congrats! cheers

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: My first newcomers 2023   My first newcomers 2023 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2023 5:35 am

That Compsognathus is way cool, messed up display or not. Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: My first newcomers 2023   My first newcomers 2023 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2023 7:12 am

All models are really nice. Congratulations on having them cheers
About the chameleon, yes I also was very surprised , when I found out, that it is changing the colours.
I think it is very cool idea by Schleich.
I saw it on this video :

thomas-asa

PostSubject: Re: My first newcomers 2023   My first newcomers 2023 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2023 11:59 am

I'll add 2 more pictures of the chameleon: when heated to about 30°C, the color seems to lighten relatively quickly. If you bathe the figure for a longer time in warm water, it also keeps the lighter color for a longer time (after about 90sec the extremities slowly become dark again). It doesn't happen as fast as it does in the movie.

And then here also comes the 2nd group of newcomers:

Safari Ltd (rather older figures)

A hercules beetle from AAA

And a turkey from Del Prado (in TAW: Nayab Realistic figurines)

A great start to the new year for me !

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My first newcomers 2023   My first newcomers 2023 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2023 12:11 pm

Yes, it seems you're having a happy start for 2023.
Since it change color, now I really want this chameleon so badly. Laughing
It reminds me the Weather Rooster, a traditional Portuguese souvenir which has been popular in my country since 1950's.
The rooster changes color according to the weather and it was used as a kind of weather forecast.
The secret to make it work is the use of Cobalt(II) chloride.
It is still sold nowadays.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: My first newcomers 2023   My first newcomers 2023 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2023 4:52 pm

Again, some really fantastic new models. For me, the weedy dragon is the star. Congrats!

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: My first newcomers 2023   My first newcomers 2023 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2023 5:25 pm

By the way, that is not a Hercules beetle; it is a Caucasus beetle, Chalcosoma chiron (formerly Chalcosoma caucasus). It it is stamped 'Hercules beetle' that is an error on the part of AAA. Neat though; I didn't know they had made this species!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My first newcomers 2023   My first newcomers 2023 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2023 5:41 pm

Beautieful again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: My first newcomers 2023   My first newcomers 2023 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2023 6:33 pm

Nice additions,especially the turkey.

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: My first newcomers 2023   My first newcomers 2023 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 2:40 am

Thank you for the extra photos and info of the chameleon.
The Safari and AAA models are also very nice.

Roger, the Portuguese Weather Rooster is really cool too. Love it ! Very Happy

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: My first newcomers 2023   My first newcomers 2023 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 6:39 am

Amazing additions again! Especially the Safari, the leafy seadragon is one of my favorite incredible creatures figure. Love the deep sea fish too!

Can't wait to get that Schleich chameleon Applause

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first newcomers 2023   My first newcomers 2023 Empty

Back to top Go down

My first newcomers 2023
Page 1 of 1