Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

American Quarter Horse Mare

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ponies and Paint

Ponies and Paint

Country/State : United States

American Quarter Horse Mare Empty
PostSubject: American Quarter Horse Mare   American Quarter Horse Mare EmptySat Feb 18, 2023 2:21 am

I found this lovely lady online for a steal, so I had to snatch her up. She is definitely my favorite quarter horse model(besides Collecta's), and I love that the sculptor put her in this unusual hunter type walk. It's nice to see a more Appendix/English type horse among all the western versions of this breed. Her coloring, while not the most detailed, is still lovely, and I think that the soft palomino suits her nicely. While her proportions aren't perfect(her legs are a wee bit thick to me), they're still far superior to Schleich's 2018 version of this breed. Anyways, here are some photos of this lovely girl.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGmpQ1jSAGOKIAO2OggjmMA
Ponies and Paint

Ponies and Paint

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: American Quarter Horse Mare   American Quarter Horse Mare EmptySat Feb 18, 2023 2:22 am

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGmpQ1jSAGOKIAO2OggjmMA
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: American Quarter Horse Mare   American Quarter Horse Mare EmptySat Feb 18, 2023 2:17 pm

Nice pics

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: American Quarter Horse Mare   American Quarter Horse Mare EmptySat Feb 18, 2023 3:57 pm

Safari horses rarely receive the atention they deserve.
We have it as a light buckskin on TAW but you tell it is a light Palomino, I have no knowledge about it but something does not match.

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: American Quarter Horse Mare   American Quarter Horse Mare EmptySat Feb 18, 2023 5:16 pm

Roger wrote:
We have it as a light buckskin on TAW but you tell it is a light Palomino, I have no knowledge about it but something does not match.

It must be a Palomino. Buckskin would have a black mane and tail Wink What does look a bit unusual are the completely black hooves. But sometimes horse owners use some kind of black grease (?) for hooves, especially on shows and the final result may look like that.

Interesting is his walking pose, indeed. It reminds me of western pleasure horses, maybe except for the neck position.

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: American Quarter Horse Mare   American Quarter Horse Mare EmptySat Feb 18, 2023 10:49 pm

Lovely horse!

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: American Quarter Horse Mare   American Quarter Horse Mare EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 1:10 am

Ana wrote:
Roger wrote:

It must be a Palomino. Buckskin would have a black mane and tail Wink What does look a bit unusual are the completely black hooves. But sometimes horse owners use some kind of black grease (?) for hooves, especially on shows and the final result may look like that.

Interesting is his walking pose, indeed. It reminds me of western pleasure horses, maybe except for the neck position.

I changed the color on TAW. I hope the original editor forgive me. Wink

PostSubject: Re: American Quarter Horse Mare   American Quarter Horse Mare Empty

Back to top Go down

American Quarter Horse Mare
Page 1 of 1