Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit

Go down 
+6
Stripedhyena
Virtem
Joliezac
Saarlooswolfhound
Roger
Ana
10 posters

Please choose your favorite!
Papo Eurasian Magpie
2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit Vote_lcap14%2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit Vote_rcap
 14% [ 12 ]
Papo Eurasian Spoonbill
2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit Vote_lcap11%2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit Vote_rcap
 11% [ 9 ]
Papo Great Tit
2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit Vote_lcap28%2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit Vote_rcap
 28% [ 23 ]
Collecta Plains Bison
2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit Vote_lcap25%2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit Vote_rcap
 25% [ 21 ]
Safari LTD Crested Gecko
2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit Vote_lcap5%2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit Vote_rcap
 5% [ 4 ]
Mojo Fun Barn Owl
2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit Vote_lcap1%2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit Vote_rcap
 1% [ 1 ]
Safari LTD Mississippi Alligator baby
2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit Vote_lcap2%2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit Vote_rcap
 2% [ 2 ]
Papo Grove Snail
2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit Vote_lcap5%2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit Vote_rcap
 5% [ 4 ]
Naturalism Bald Eagle
2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit Vote_lcap8%2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit Vote_rcap
 8% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 83

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit Empty
PostSubject: 2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit   2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit EmptySat Feb 18, 2023 6:54 am

Hello Friends Very Happy
Today you can vote for your favorite Woodland figurine of the year 2022. You have seven days to vote, and you can change your vote for as long as the poll is open.
The future winner will be included in the final poll for the STS Figure of The Year!

The finalists are:

Papo Eurasian magpie
2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit 1360796
Papo Eurasian spoonbill
2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit 1360776
Papo Great Tit
2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit Dsc-1357
CollectA Plains bison
2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit Collect-A-88968-American-Plains-Bison-2
Safari LTD Crested Gecko
2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit Dsc-1517
Mojo Barn owl
2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit Img-1164
Safari Ltd Mississippi alligator baby
2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit Dsc-1515
Papo Grove snail
2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit Papo50285-Rear

And Naturalism Bald Eagle
2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit Dsc_1817

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit   2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit EmptyMon Feb 20, 2023 6:56 pm

I'm not sure this year the cake goes to a bird. It is good to recall that the previous winner for this category won the grand final for the 2021 STS Animal Figure of the Year. It was surprising in my opinion. I knew the figure was very popular but being just a little bird, I was not expecting it to win.The great tit is performing well but the Bison is leading so far.

Last winner, Papo European robin! Very Happy

2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit Papo-r10

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit   2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit EmptyMon Feb 20, 2023 7:19 pm

I share the same thoughts Roger. Performing well but I half expected the little bird to win again this year.

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit   2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit EmptyMon Feb 20, 2023 7:36 pm

I also thought for sure one of Papo's birds would win this year, I thought they were even better than last year. I think the bison is a very nice model, although I didn't vote for it because I personally like both of Safari's bison more. Hard for me to choose between the great tit and magpie Laughing

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit   2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit EmptyMon Feb 20, 2023 7:49 pm

I forgot where my vote is but I'm sure it was not tthe alligator. Laughing

Ana

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit   2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit EmptyMon Feb 20, 2023 9:04 pm

With 5 different birds on the list the votes of bird lovers are probably spread out too thinly. I agree the new papo birds are lovely, perhaps as lovely as their Robin. The bison stands out though, one big mammal in this list of smaller creatures.

Personally, I voted for a bird. Wink

Back to top Go down
Virtem

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit   2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit EmptyMon Feb 20, 2023 11:47 pm

One can say the winner is "Papo birds"...
If you delete the magpie or spoonbill, all those votes will, presumibably, go to the tit.

What I don't understand is why the magpie is performing so bad.

Honestly, and this is shared with the wildlife choice, I cannot see why a bison and an elephant are gaining so much attention. Then we will complaint about companies doing all the models all the time because they are for children and not for collectors etc etc

And, yes, the bison is quite good, but the elephant is not so. Tue head proportions are weird (the trunk is way too long, for example).
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit   2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit EmptyTue Feb 21, 2023 12:08 am

Unfortunately I have to agree in part with the last comment... an elephant and a bison, really?

I respect, of course, the votes that have gone to these two figures but, in the end, we should not be surprised that every year the big brands bet on the most common and most loved animals by children... elephants, giraffes, Lions, tigers.... Suspect
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit   2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit EmptyTue Feb 21, 2023 2:18 am

At the moment I'm posting, the difference between the elephant and the tit is just 2 votes. I know the last days of these polls are often quite calm but I also know some people change their choices during the last days so I wouldn't be surprised to see some votes moving from the other birds to the tit.
I also don't understand why a 2010 repainted horse is leading the horses poll when there are superb new models competing but it is our community choice, we only have to accept and try to learn with it. I might write about it tomorrow in the correct topic. Wink

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit   2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit EmptyTue Feb 21, 2023 11:40 am

Virtem wrote:

What I don't understand is why the magpie is performing so bad.

Maybe because they are so disturbing, chase the cats and eat the dog food in our yards. Razz

Anyway, a rare model for sure, but a very common animal to most. I don't know how I'd vote if I had elephants screaming in my yard from 6 AM in the morning..
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit   2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit EmptyTue Feb 21, 2023 10:45 pm

Laughing I think this yard post is ruining the bison. Who wants a bison in the yard? affraid It seems a great tit is more acceptable, no?

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit   2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit EmptyWed Feb 22, 2023 12:39 am

I would take a bison in my yard. Wink That sounds like a great childrens story book idea. Very Happy

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit   2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit EmptyWed Feb 22, 2023 5:57 am

Papo makes great garden birds, i voted for the magpie. The tit is also nice, it was a hard choice for me. ^^

Ana

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit   2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit EmptySat Feb 25, 2023 12:39 pm

Thank you, everyone, for voting in our polls! The winner of the Woodland category is, again, a little bird! Congratulations to Papo Great Tit cheers flower cheers

This model will be included in our final poll for the STS animal figure of the year 2022  cheers  sunny

Papo Great Tit
2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit Dsc-1357

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit   2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit EmptySat Feb 25, 2023 1:26 pm

Who's better than you to announce a bird as a winner?
I got completely surprised when the European robin won last year and I assume I was not expecting these Papo birds to be so popular.
They're considered too big to the traditional collector but apparently they're very well accepted.
It was fun since the bison lead most of the time and I personally was expecting the magpie to be the most popular among the birds but I was wrong. Thanks Anna for taking this category and I believe that you're also happy with the winner.

Ana

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit   2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit EmptySat Feb 25, 2023 1:48 pm

Yes, I am, actually!
I love all the new Papo birds. They are detailed, cute and show rarely replicated species. What's not to love? Very Happy

I would love to see a model of a Bullfinch and a Golden Oriole in the future, but I think that's unlikely. A Hoopoe would be amazing, too Very Happy.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit   2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit EmptySat Feb 25, 2023 3:32 pm

The winner is not my voted figure but also one of my favourites figures last year.

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit   2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit EmptySat Feb 25, 2023 10:45 pm

Ahhh, such a wonderful winner and so well-deserved! cheers cheers My vote went to this beautiful bird too! sunny I'd love to see them make a Goldfinch, they're also stunning little birds!
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit   2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit Empty

Back to top Go down

2022 Woodland Figure of the Year - Papo Great Tit
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: General reviews and discussions :: STS Figure of the year-
Jump to: