Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Galloway comparison

Go down 
+2
widukind
Taos
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

Galloway comparison Empty
PostSubject: Galloway comparison   Galloway comparison EmptySun Feb 26, 2023 4:55 pm

Here is the Galloway cow with the 2 Bullyland Galloway bulls
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Galloway comparison   Galloway comparison EmptySun Feb 26, 2023 5:06 pm

Very nice

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Galloway comparison   Galloway comparison EmptySun Feb 26, 2023 10:47 pm

She's a big girl isn't she? Laughing But lovely models all.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Galloway comparison   Galloway comparison EmptySun Feb 26, 2023 11:37 pm

Another Scottish cattle breed and a very interesting comparison. Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Galloway comparison   Galloway comparison EmptyMon Feb 27, 2023 12:10 am

Love them! I wish the breed was more popular. Where I came from originally, holstein, hereford, and black angus were the top choices in farmland. Where I am now black and red angus and charolais are most common. Scottish highlands have caught on in a few places as being "exotic" pets. But I have always loved galloways.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Galloway comparison   Galloway comparison EmptyMon Feb 27, 2023 1:38 am

Where I am, it's almost all angus (mostly black, some red), brangus, not so many herefords any more but a fair few black baldies. The Spanish cattle of my childhood are pretty much gone. There are a few charolais and beefmaster breeders, and quite a few brahmas and their crosses.  Dairy cows (pretty much all holsteins) are a rarity. So many of the breeds represented in toys are ones I've never seen, or only seen at shows. I saw belted galloways at shows, handsome cattle.
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Galloway comparison   Galloway comparison EmptyMon Feb 27, 2023 10:44 pm

Thank you all.She is a lovely example of here breed as are the 2 others by Bullyland.Also it nice that she is a different colour as well as the most common colour in Galloways is black.
Its interesting to hear about the different cattle breeds in other countries.When I was growing up in Ireland I lived on the edge of a city so I had countryside around me.The area is a well known dairy area so lots of Freisians and the odd Jersey and Ayrshire.There was one herd of Shorthorns.Hereford,Angus,Charolais,Simmental,Limousin,and later on Piedmont,Belgian Blue,and Romagnola became popular.
Montbeliard and MRI became popular as dual purpose breeds.
Holstein became popular as well but many realised that this breed was very high to maintain and didn't produce good crossbred calves when put to a beef bull,but the older Irish Friesians were more dual purpose so were better at this.
Galloways weren't that popular as they were overshadowed by the Angus.
The heritage breed that I remember seeing as well was the Kerry cow.
I used to go to agricultural shows when I was younger to see cattle but haven't been for a long time.
Sadly since I moved to the UK I only now see cattle in fields so have very little to do with them now!

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Galloway comparison   Galloway comparison EmptyTue Feb 28, 2023 12:22 am

Since this comment will obviously be appreciated here... There is ONE jersey cow I see in the pastures on my way to and from work. She just had the most darling dark chocolate calf I have ever seen! I hope to get a picture someday. I have worried over it a little because we got a cold snap recently and its quite early for calving in this weather, but so far he sticks right next to his Mom and looks healthy. I will post a photo of him if I ever get one!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Galloway comparison   Galloway comparison EmptyTue Feb 28, 2023 9:25 pm

Great cattle trio! I thought Galloway cattle were always black with a white band; good to learn something new.

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Galloway comparison   Galloway comparison EmptyWed Mar 01, 2023 2:04 am

Paige,hopefully the Jersey duo will be ok!
Roger-black is the most common Galloway colour,but the can be red and dun,and all these colours can be belted.The white with back points and the riggit or line back are rarer colour forms.

PostSubject: Re: Galloway comparison   Galloway comparison Empty

Back to top Go down

Galloway comparison
Page 1 of 1