Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Introducing the Animal Toy Blog

Go down 
+6
bmathison1972
landrover
animalz
Bonnie
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Introducing the Animal Toy Blog Empty
PostSubject: Introducing the Animal Toy Blog   Introducing the Animal Toy Blog EmptySun Oct 23, 2022 11:17 pm

An excellent article. :) Well done!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the Animal Toy Blog   Introducing the Animal Toy Blog EmptyTue Oct 25, 2022 4:19 pm

ATB:
Safari IC piranha: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the Animal Toy Blog   Introducing the Animal Toy Blog EmptyTue Oct 25, 2022 6:38 pm

Great piranha !
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the Animal Toy Blog   Introducing the Animal Toy Blog EmptyWed Oct 26, 2022 3:18 pm

Interesting point about the model mixing features from two different species.
All piranha figures on TAW are identified as Pygocentrus nattereri and I confess I always assume it whenever an exact identification is not provided. It is the piranha species I grew up with on tv shows. I believe I can't tell the differences among species but, if any of them is supposed to be a San Francisco one, just let me know and I take care of it.

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the Animal Toy Blog   Introducing the Animal Toy Blog EmptyWed Oct 26, 2022 3:31 pm

Roger wrote:
All piranha figures on TAW are identified as Pygocentrus nattereri and I confess I always assume it whenever an exact identification is not provided. It is the piranha species I grew up with on tv shows. I believe I can't tell the differences among species but, if any of them is supposed to be a San Francisco one, just let me know and I take care of it.

I think the point of the review is that you cannot assign a species to it, at least not with certainty. And keep in mind, the reviewer (brontodocus) is a professional zoologist and does thorough research before posting walkarounds :)
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the Animal Toy Blog   Introducing the Animal Toy Blog EmptyThu Oct 27, 2022 12:01 am

DTB:
MPC glyptodont: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the Animal Toy Blog   Introducing the Animal Toy Blog EmptyThu Oct 27, 2022 3:25 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
Roger wrote:

I think the point of the review is that you cannot assign a species to it, at least not with certainty. And keep in mind, the reviewer (brontodocus) is a professional zoologist and does thorough research before posting walkarounds :)

I know who is Andre, he already posted on STS a long time ago, and that's one of the reasons of my post because as a curious about this hobby, I'm confortable with the way they are identified on TAW. Though, it is always interesting to read someone like Andre, with a more scientific profile, revealing some ambiguousness in a figure I expected to be accurate to the species level. So, why not to revisit the other more unpretentious renditions?

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the Animal Toy Blog   Introducing the Animal Toy Blog EmptySat Oct 29, 2022 5:38 pm

ATB:
Safari Smithsonian black widow: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the Animal Toy Blog   Introducing the Animal Toy Blog EmptySun Oct 30, 2022 1:39 pm

ATB:
Papo Canada goose: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the Animal Toy Blog   Introducing the Animal Toy Blog EmptySun Oct 30, 2022 7:35 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the Animal Toy Blog   Introducing the Animal Toy Blog EmptyMon Oct 31, 2022 11:55 am

ATB:
Kaiyodo black wolf by Saarlooswolfhound [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the Animal Toy Blog   Introducing the Animal Toy Blog EmptyMon Oct 31, 2022 2:37 pm

Interesting wolf figure

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the Animal Toy Blog   Introducing the Animal Toy Blog EmptyMon Oct 31, 2022 5:53 pm

cheers Happy Halloween everyone!  affraid cyclops  alien Laughing

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the Animal Toy Blog   Introducing the Animal Toy Blog EmptyTue Nov 01, 2022 11:32 am

ATB:
Takara Tomy Venomous Snakes: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

DTB:
CollectA Neovenator: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the Animal Toy Blog   Introducing the Animal Toy Blog EmptyTue Nov 01, 2022 8:53 pm

The snakes are great

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the Animal Toy Blog   Introducing the Animal Toy Blog EmptyThu Nov 03, 2022 1:54 pm

DTB:
Mattel Edmontosaurus [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the Animal Toy Blog   Introducing the Animal Toy Blog EmptySun Nov 06, 2022 2:48 pm

DTB:
K&M Plush T. rex [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the Animal Toy Blog   Introducing the Animal Toy Blog EmptyMon Nov 07, 2022 8:36 pm

ATB:
CollectA Oryol mare, courtesy of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the Animal Toy Blog   Introducing the Animal Toy Blog EmptyTue Nov 08, 2022 5:20 pm

ATB:
Safari MBA killer whale and calf: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the Animal Toy Blog   Introducing the Animal Toy Blog EmptyTue Nov 08, 2022 6:57 pm

cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the Animal Toy Blog   Introducing the Animal Toy Blog EmptyWed Nov 09, 2022 3:49 pm

ATB:
Bandai citrus long-horned beetle: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the Animal Toy Blog   Introducing the Animal Toy Blog EmptyThu Nov 10, 2022 7:57 pm

ATB:
CollectA sow: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the Animal Toy Blog   Introducing the Animal Toy Blog EmptyMon Nov 14, 2022 12:17 am

DTB:
Paleozoic Pals Wiwaxia: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the Animal Toy Blog   Introducing the Animal Toy Blog EmptyTue Nov 15, 2022 1:58 pm

DTB:
PNSO Cryolophosaurus [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the Animal Toy Blog   Introducing the Animal Toy Blog EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 3:58 pm

DTB:
Safari Authentics Dinosaurs III [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the Animal Toy Blog   Introducing the Animal Toy Blog Empty

Back to top Go down

Introducing the Animal Toy Blog
Page 1 of 16Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next