Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

AAA Flying Fox Walkaround

Go down 
+3
Kikimalou
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

AAA Flying Fox Walkaround Empty
PostSubject: AAA Flying Fox Walkaround   AAA Flying Fox Walkaround EmptySun Mar 26, 2023 11:04 pm

I was very lucky to be able to get this guy in a trade with our lovely _Lyds_, a AAA I have never seen before. It is stamped simply as a flying fox and I have no real way to narrow down the species, but it is still a bery handsome figure. 

Kikimalou, your walkaround wish is granted!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It is a rather large figure, it fills my hands, though I have small hands... The wing detailing/texture is superb. It LOOKS leathery and soft.

AAA brand

The plastic is rubbery and floppy enough for the wings to move, but sturdy enough at the shoulder that they don't just flop everywhich way.

Lookit that face!

I have to gently pull the wings downwards to see his fuzzy back.

With his other asian flying fox friends.

Kiki, the AAA hermit crab walkaround will come in a few weeks. :)

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: AAA Flying Fox Walkaround   AAA Flying Fox Walkaround EmptyMon Mar 27, 2023 12:37 am

WOW, I love this figure. Thanks for sharing Paige! When AAA do it right, the realism is impressive! cheers

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: AAA Flying Fox Walkaround   AAA Flying Fox Walkaround EmptyMon Mar 27, 2023 1:35 am

They really do.  Cool This model is highly detailed, my photos don't do it justice compared to being in hand. You can see all the work put into it but still tell that its not a cast specimen like their lizards... it makes the figure even more impressive in my view.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: AAA Flying Fox Walkaround   AAA Flying Fox Walkaround EmptyMon Mar 27, 2023 7:21 am

AAA is definitely a brand that always has surprises in store for us, I have quite a few because I must admit that I'm not a big fan, but sometimes I discover a model that goes straight to my heart, right in the middle of the target. this is the case with this little wonder, thank you for these photos Paige! sunny
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: AAA Flying Fox Walkaround   AAA Flying Fox Walkaround EmptyMon Mar 27, 2023 1:58 pm

It looks AAA have any surprises after all the years. A interesting figure, sadly a little bit huge

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: AAA Flying Fox Walkaround   AAA Flying Fox Walkaround EmptyMon Mar 27, 2023 2:24 pm

Really cool! I just love AAA, I wish I had the space to branch out into these larger figures. Great find!!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: AAA Flying Fox Walkaround   AAA Flying Fox Walkaround EmptyMon Mar 27, 2023 2:40 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
They really do.  Cool This model is highly detailed, my photos don't do it justice compared to being in hand. You can see all the work put into it but still tell that its not a cast specimen like their lizards... it makes the figure even more impressive in my view.

I think the slightly rubbery material AAA uses may give a particularly organic feelling when holding this figure in your hands. Details like the tumb claws are impressive, I am only not sure there is a megabat species which the patagium does not extend to the legs but this is such an impressive model.

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: AAA Flying Fox Walkaround   AAA Flying Fox Walkaround EmptyMon Mar 27, 2023 10:53 pm

beautiful walkaround of a very fine model! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: AAA Flying Fox Walkaround   AAA Flying Fox Walkaround EmptyWed Mar 29, 2023 12:36 pm

Amazing model!! Applause Applause
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AAA Flying Fox Walkaround   AAA Flying Fox Walkaround Empty

Back to top Go down

AAA Flying Fox Walkaround
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: General reviews and discussions :: Comparison topics-
Jump to: