Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

STS Painting Month - it's May- post your in progress photos here!

Go down 
+6
Shanti
Caracal
Kikimalou
Bonnie
A-J
pipsxlch
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

STS Painting Month - it's May- post your in progress photos here!  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: STS Painting Month - it's May- post your in progress photos here!    STS Painting Month - it's May- post your in progress photos here!  - Page 4 EmptyWed May 31, 2023 4:11 am

Ana wrote:
Anette, your Hagerman horses are brilliant! I love how thoroughly you researched horses, zebras, and donkeys' colorations to develop this pattern. The color scheme looks very convincing, and the paintwork is lovely! Thank you for sharing all the information with us and showing your fantastic work! cheers

Thank you Anna! glad you enjoyed reading and seeing all this.

rogerpgvg wrote:
Very interesting to read about horse colours and stripes. Who knows, perhaps one day we'll find cave art paintings of Hagerman horses and they turn out to be just like yours! Funny that they have the same eye shadow as the painter!

Glad that you found it interesting Roger! By the way that's a colour I never use Wink
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

STS Painting Month - it's May- post your in progress photos here!  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: STS Painting Month - it's May- post your in progress photos here!    STS Painting Month - it's May- post your in progress photos here!  - Page 4 EmptyWed May 31, 2023 3:38 pm

Very very interresting explanations and pics Annette cheers thank you for this Very Happy
Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: STS Painting Month - it's May- post your in progress photos here!    STS Painting Month - it's May- post your in progress photos here!  - Page 4 EmptyWed May 31, 2023 3:56 pm

the Hagermans look great and it was fun to read all about your research. Sounds like a lot of fun to dive into and to create something physical out of words on paper! cheers

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: STS Painting Month - it's May- post your in progress photos here!    STS Painting Month - it's May- post your in progress photos here!  - Page 4 EmptyWed May 31, 2023 4:02 pm

I'm not a 100% sure I will finish in time. The paint is a slow drying paint so I have to be careful when I want to apply a layer that I do not want to blend into the previous one. I did what to take a pretty outside picture this afternoon because of the nice weather.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: STS Painting Month - it's May- post your in progress photos here!    STS Painting Month - it's May- post your in progress photos here!  - Page 4 EmptyWed May 31, 2023 4:33 pm

Even if he is unfinished he is a darling big boy!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: STS Painting Month - it's May- post your in progress photos here!    STS Painting Month - it's May- post your in progress photos here!  - Page 4 EmptyWed May 31, 2023 4:57 pm

Even unfinished, it is already beautiful Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: STS Painting Month - it's May- post your in progress photos here!    STS Painting Month - it's May- post your in progress photos here!  - Page 4 EmptyWed May 31, 2023 9:07 pm

It's already looking great, A-J!! cheers

I won't finish on time this year, I'm afraid! My energy levels this month were about half of my usual, so I didn't paint as much as I wished. But I got the resculpting done and the first two layers of paint Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: STS Painting Month - it's May- post your in progress photos here!    STS Painting Month - it's May- post your in progress photos here!  - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 04, 2023 3:06 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Very very interresting explanations and pics Annette cheers  thank you for this Very Happy

you are welcome Christophe :)

A-J wrote:
the Hagermans look great and it was fun to read all about your research. Sounds like a lot of fun to dive into and to create something physical out of words on paper! cheers

thank you Anne-Joke, yes it was lots of fun and I enjoyed creating them from the words and my vision!

A-J wrote:
I'm not a 100% sure I will finish in time. The paint is a slow drying paint so I have to be careful when I want to apply a layer that I do not want to blend into the previous one. I did what to take a pretty outside picture this afternoon because of the nice weather.

looking so beautiful!!
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: STS Painting Month - it's May- post your in progress photos here!    STS Painting Month - it's May- post your in progress photos here!  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 06, 2023 11:24 am

Still working on my little fluff. The first layer of shading with pastels done today:) working very slowly but I'll get there.

And three layers later Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: STS Painting Month - it's May- post your in progress photos here!    STS Painting Month - it's May- post your in progress photos here!  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 06, 2023 4:21 pm

looking amazing Anna! love the shading going on.
The owls are keeping a watch on the progress too Wink
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: STS Painting Month - it's May- post your in progress photos here!    STS Painting Month - it's May- post your in progress photos here!  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 06, 2023 5:06 pm

This little guy is already terribly cute. Very Happy Can't wait to see more!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STS Painting Month - it's May- post your in progress photos here!    STS Painting Month - it's May- post your in progress photos here!  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

STS Painting Month - it's May- post your in progress photos here!
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4