Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 
 

 my collection: "The Flock"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mastiffcat



Country/State : California
Age : 56
Joined : 2011-06-26
Posts : 1712

PostSubject: my collection: "The Flock"   Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:51 am

Here are some overview pictures of my flock of sheep. I'm looking to get a good camera that can take close-ups of small thing, but in the meantime, these will have to do. You'll see a few horses and dogs in here, but mostly it's sheep.

Most of the Flock reside in this curio display cabinet in my living room. Right now, most of the plastic ones are on top, since the inside is full of the ceramics and chinas. I don't have photos of the left side b/c it was too dark in that corner.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

closer view of one end of the plastic flock: (On the shelf in the middle you can see the Wade Whimsy sheep. The horse is Hagen Renaker's Hackney Pony "Brookside Stella")
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Top right shelf in cabinet: Boehm, Cybis, Border Fine Arts, Hagen Renakers: I just notices that my cat is in the mirror at the back!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Middle right shelf: Beswicks, Hagen Renakers, and 3 itsy bitsy plastic ones in the front:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bottom right shelf: not many on this shelf, but I think the big guy in the middle is impressive enough. He's the Border Fine Arts Blackfaced Tup:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm very proud of my collection, so I'm thrilled to have such a nice group to share it with!


Last edited by Mastiffcat on Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:22 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : fix photo links)
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat



Country/State : California
Age : 56
Joined : 2011-06-26
Posts : 1712

PostSubject: Re: my collection: "The Flock"   Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:53 am

This is my mantle over my fireplace:

These are the Lladro Baby Girl Lamb and Baby Boy Lamb, a pair of Rosenthal Lambs, and Hagen Renaker Suffolk Ewe "Lady Jane" with a couple of HR "Son John" lambs:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

On the other end are the Royal Dalton/Beswick Swaledale Ram and Ewe, some of the Hartland farm set sheep, a Parian Staffordshire figure, and an early 20th C piece from Bavaria. The little black and white lamb behind Lady Jane is a Japan copy of Son John:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

the brown stuff you see under their feet is earthquake wax, to secure them to the mantle in case of shaking.

and oh my! do I ever need to dust that mantle!

thanks for letting me share!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin


Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 64
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 28275

PostSubject: Re: my collection: "The Flock"   Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:05 am

What a wonderful and SO impressive collection of sheep cheers

I just saw that you got another Safai-sheep and thought, perhaps Carolynn has pictures of her collection... and GOSH ! I was not disapointed, they are marvellous I love you flower

Beautyful dogs and horses, too Very Happy

It will be fun to follow how you get more sheep..and how lucky they live in flocks, so they can stand quite close Wink

Thankyou for sharing flower flower
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
HKHollinstone
Moderator


Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 24
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11310

PostSubject: Re: my collection: "The Flock"   Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:14 am

Wow Carolynne!! You have a beautiful collection cheers
You have Rosenthal, I love porcelain figurines and Rosenthal is hard to get hold of.
Beswick, they have gorgeous figurines, I have a few of the horses. I wonder if Lomonosov/ussr make some sheep.
Oh and I love the border fine arts sheep, they are lovely - I have a couple of the china bulls from them. Haven't they stopped making china figurines now?

Seeing your Hagen Renaker sheep makes me want to collect them also bounce

_________________
Harriet
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
HKHollinstone
Moderator


Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 24
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11310

PostSubject: Re: my collection: "The Flock"   Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:19 am

Yes Lomonosov/USSR has made a couple of lambs:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
and a sheep lying Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

_________________
Harriet
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SyLoBe



Country/State : Spain
Age : 29
Joined : 2010-12-13
Posts : 2714

PostSubject: Re: my collection: "The Flock"   Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:24 am

Aaaaw your lambs and sheeps are so beautiful!

_________________
Visit my collection gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
skysthelimit



Country/State : Serbia
Age : 39
Joined : 2010-12-01
Posts : 4070

PostSubject: Re: my collection: "The Flock"   Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:27 am

Wonderful collection cheers

_________________
Robert
Back to top Go down
http://skysthelimitamstaff.com/
widukind



Country/State : Germany
Age : 40
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 23637

PostSubject: Re: my collection: "The Flock"   Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:58 am

A lot of sheeps!!!!!!!!! Very nice- Congratulation!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

You have GDR sheeps?
Back to top Go down
widukind



Country/State : Germany
Age : 40
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 23637

PostSubject: Re: my collection: "The Flock"   Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:12 am

That is my little herd.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin


Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 20252

PostSubject: Re: my collection: "The Flock"   Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:42 am

Wonderful and impressive collection! It was a nice choice, sheeps are beautiful and work prefectly together! But I think you will duplicate your collection very soon! Forum effect! affraid
Let the scary Nayab join your flok and all of your sheeps will start running away! affraid affraidWink
Thanks for share it with us! cheers
Back to top Go down
Kristie



Country/State : USA
Age : 45
Joined : 2011-01-18
Posts : 2922

PostSubject: Re: my collection: "The Flock"   Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:39 pm

Wonderful collection! And welcome to the forum! :)

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat



Country/State : California
Age : 56
Joined : 2011-06-26
Posts : 1712

PostSubject: Re: my collection: "The Flock"   Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:22 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Wow Carolynne!! You have a beautiful collection cheers
You have Rosenthal, I love porcelain figurines and Rosenthal is hard to get hold of.
Beswick, they have gorgeous figurines, I have a few of the horses. I wonder if Lomonosov/ussr make some sheep.
Oh and I love the border fine arts sheep, they are lovely - I have a couple of the china bulls from them. Haven't they stopped making china figurines now?

Seeing your Hagen Renaker sheep makes me want to collect them also bounce

Yes, I was thrilled to get the Rosenthals. The two on my mantle are the top favorites of a friend of mine out of the whole collection. Of course, I'm not allowed to have favorites Razz , but if I did, they'd be up there!
Funny, Beswick does sheep better than horses. Actually, I think they do everything better than horses! But their sheep are fantastic. Especially the Beswick Merino Ram. It is Magnificent, but alas for me, it is considered by many Beswick collectors to be the rarest and most sought after of all Beswick pieces, so I will probably never own one. They sell for over $2,000. Even if I could justify that kind of $ for a single piece, I'm not sure I'd want to pay that for something that would shatter, given that I live in earthquake country. It's stupid enough having as many ceramics as I do!
I loooove BFA! Not so much the ones that are made in China, but the classic pieces are wonderful. Fortunately, I only like the portrait pieces so I'm not tempted by the really expensive pieces, the diorama scenes. I'm happy to have all 5 of BFA's ceramic families, since BFA is one of the few companies that makes recognizable breeds. But why they chose to do Border Leicesters and Blue Faced Leicester, which look so similar, and give their Blackfaced family face markings almost identical to the Swaledale family?!?!?! I swear I have to look for the Swaledales' eyebrows to remember which family is which!
It appears BFA has stopped making china pieces (made out of china, as opposed to in China). Too bad because they are wonderful.

Unfortunately Hagen makes only one lamb in addition to the ewe and lamb from the Nativity set. But the retired pieces are regularly on Ebay. Except Lady Jane and Son John, of course. There's a pair on ebay now. I haven't decided if I'm going to bid, since I already have several of each.

You know, I have your country to thank for the greater part of my collection, the UK being sheep capital of the world. Thank you!


Last edited by Mastiffcat on Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat



Country/State : California
Age : 56
Joined : 2011-06-26
Posts : 1712

PostSubject: Re: my collection: "The Flock"   Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Yes Lomonosov/USSR has made a couple of lambs:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
and a sheep lying Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I love teh Lomonosov standing Lamb. The gray one seemed to be one of the only regularly produced ceramic sheep -by anyone- for a while, so it was one of the very first I got. Then they did the black face and one in all white. I have all three and the lying one too.
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat



Country/State : California
Age : 56
Joined : 2011-06-26
Posts : 1712

PostSubject: Re: my collection: "The Flock"   Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:30 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
A lot of sheeps!!!!!!!!! Very nice- Congratulation!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

You have GDR sheeps?

One of my lambs might from GDR geographically, but based on its styling, my guess is it was made before GDR was GDR. It's a beautiful piece (no photo yet) and is marked “Erphila Germany Est 1886”, but I know essentially nothing about “Erphila”. Wikipedia article about Bunzlau ceramic says “Erphila” was a mark used by an importer to the US, but since Bunzlau seems to have been made in Saxony and Bavaria, I just don’t know where it's from. I guess I'll have to do some research!
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat



Country/State : California
Age : 56
Joined : 2011-06-26
Posts : 1712

PostSubject: Re: my collection: "The Flock"   Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:53 pm

Many thanks to all of you! I love my collection and it's wonderful that others like it too! Razz Very Happy Razz Very Happy sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny cheers
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone
Moderator


Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 24
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11310

PostSubject: Re: my collection: "The Flock"   Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:30 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Wow Carolynne!! You have a beautiful collection cheers
You have Rosenthal, I love porcelain figurines and Rosenthal is hard to get hold of.
Beswick, they have gorgeous figurines, I have a few of the horses. I wonder if Lomonosov/ussr make some sheep.
Oh and I love the border fine arts sheep, they are lovely - I have a couple of the china bulls from them. Haven't they stopped making china figurines now?

Seeing your Hagen Renaker sheep makes me want to collect them also bounce

Yes, I was thrilled to get the Rosenthals. The two on my mantle are the top favorites of a friend of mine out of the whole collection. Of course, I'm not allowed to have favorites Razz , but if I did, they'd be up there!
Funny, Beswick does sheep better than horses. Actually, I think they do everything better than horses! But their sheep are fantastic. Especially the Beswick Merino Ram. It is Magnificent, but alas for me, it is considered by many Beswick collectors to be the rarest and most sought after of all Beswick pieces, so I will probably never own one. They sell for over $2,000. Even if I could justify that kind of $ for a single piece, I'm not sure I'd want to pay that for something that would shatter, given that I live in earthquake country. It's stupid enough having as many ceramics as I do!
I loooove BFA! Not so much the ones that are made in China, but the classic pieces are wonderful. Fortunately, I only like the portrait pieces so I'm not tempted by the really expensive pieces, the diorama scenes. I'm happy to have all 5 of BFA's ceramic families, since BFA is one of the few companies that makes recognizable breeds. But why they chose to do Border Leicesters and Blue Faced Leicester, which look so similar, and give their Blackfaced family face markings almost identical to the Swaledale family?!?!?! I swear I have to look for the Swaledales' eyebrows to remember which family is which!
It appears BFA has stopped making china pieces (made out of china, as opposed to in China). Too bad because they are wonderful.

Unfortunately Hagen makes only one lamb in addition to the ewe and lamb from the Nativity set. But the retired pieces are regularly on Ebay. Except Lady Jane and Son John, of course. There's a pair on ebay now. I haven't decided if I'm going to bid, since I already have several of each.

You know, I have your country to thank for the greater part of my collection, the UK being sheep capital of the world. Thank you!

England used to make some beautiful ceramics, but it's sad that they've disappeared. Yes they've stopped making the Border fine arts porcelain figurines, I bought a couple of bulls in the sale.
I know!! Some of the Beswick go for incredible prices No I'll keep an eye out for Merino Ram for you though, sometimes figurines pass un-noticed and some people spell Beswick wrong too, that's another thing to put into eBay search engine.

I've got this thing about porcelain bulls, the one I'd really like from Border Fine Arts is the charolais bull, but he seems to be really rare. Then there's Beswick, I would love to have the Lord Oxford Short horn bull, but that's just dreaming drunken

Have you tried searching for sheep by "North Light"? I think they made some sheep, they're probably hard to get hold of now though, the company being gone. Also "Quail" they're figurines are gorgeous! Here's a link to their site [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] you can get their animals on eBay and I know a good site that sells them.
Some of the beswick horses are nice, but I agree alot of them aren't very good. I only collected the ones that I liked.

_________________
Harriet
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
baltimore zoo



Joined : 2010-06-30
Posts : 1639

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:42 am

WOW! What a great collection!
I must say..."EWE" ROCK!
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat



Country/State : California
Age : 56
Joined : 2011-06-26
Posts : 1712

PostSubject: Re: my collection: "The Flock"   Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:47 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

I've got this thing about porcelain bulls, the one I'd really like from Border Fine Arts is the charolais bull, but he seems to be really rare. Then there's Beswick, I would love to have the Lord Oxford Short horn bull, but that's just dreaming drunken

Have you tried searching for sheep by "North Light"? I think they made some sheep, they're probably hard to get hold of now though, the company being gone. Also "Quail" they're figurines are gorgeous! Here's a link to their site [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] you can get their animals on eBay and I know a good site that sells them.

I'm with you on the Beswick Shorthorns - that pair is their best. The cow is to die for!
And don't get me started on the Doris Lindner cattle from Royal Worcester! Or anything by Doris Lindner.
A late friend of mine has what is probably the largest model horse collection in the world, including Beswicks and Royal Worcesters, including some of the Lindner bulls. Her collection is mind boggling. Unfortunately, she just passed away in May. We're still in shock. I just thank god we were able to visit her before she passed. okay, gonna cry now.

I believe I have all the North Lights sheep except the ram(s) they did in "art colors." Their sheep are very nice. Again, better than their horses, IMHO. They're very hard to find. My Suffolk Ewe broke a leg in an earthquake, and I've been hoping to replace her. But I should prob just get her repaired.

OMG! OMG! Quail does Herdwicks?!?!?! I'd forgotten about Quail. I have their salt and peppers of Southdowns and Wensleydales, I think the others are. Those lambs are awfully cute too!


What is the horse in your profile picture? It's very nice.
Back to top Go down
landrover



Country/State : colombia
Age : 59
Joined : 2010-11-04
Posts : 1984

PostSubject: Re: my collection: "The Flock"   Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:48 am

:) :)

fantastic collection

Lambs sheeps lambs ...........sheeps.................lambs


I think that you are the wolf hunting sheeps in markets............ha ..ha

sheeps are enjoys when arrive to your house arrow .

Beautiful sculptures ..........very nice.
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat



Country/State : California
Age : 56
Joined : 2011-06-26
Posts : 1712

PostSubject: Re: my collection: "The Flock"   Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:27 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

I think that you are the wolf hunting sheeps in markets............ha ..ha

no no! I'm a sheep doggie, rounding them up to keep them safe!
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone
Moderator


Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 24
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11310

PostSubject: Re: my collection: "The Flock"   Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:43 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

I've got this thing about porcelain bulls, the one I'd really like from Border Fine Arts is the charolais bull, but he seems to be really rare. Then there's Beswick, I would love to have the Lord Oxford Short horn bull, but that's just dreaming drunken

Have you tried searching for sheep by "North Light"? I think they made some sheep, they're probably hard to get hold of now though, the company being gone. Also "Quail" they're figurines are gorgeous! Here's a link to their site [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] you can get their animals on eBay and I know a good site that sells them.

I'm with you on the Beswick Shorthorns - that pair is their best. The cow is to die for!
And don't get me started on the Doris Lindner cattle from Royal Worcester! Or anything by Doris Lindner.
A late friend of mine has what is probably the largest model horse collection in the world, including Beswicks and Royal Worcesters, including some of the Lindner bulls. Her collection is mind boggling. Unfortunately, she just passed away in May. We're still in shock. I just thank god we were able to visit her before she passed. okay, gonna cry now.

I believe I have all the North Lights sheep except the ram(s) they did in "art colors." Their sheep are very nice. Again, better than their horses, IMHO. They're very hard to find. My Suffolk Ewe broke a leg in an earthquake, and I've been hoping to replace her. But I should prob just get her repaired.

OMG! OMG! Quail does Herdwicks?!?!?! I'd forgotten about Quail. I have their salt and peppers of Southdowns and Wensleydales, I think the others are. Those lambs are awfully cute too!


What is the horse in your profile picture? It's very nice.

The horse in my profile is the Schleich racing set, it is nice isn't it! I only received it yesterday bounce

I didn't know Royal Worcester made bulls, wow they are expensive! I know, those Beswick shorthorns are so fantastic cheers - my uncle died recently and he had the bull. It had been broken quite a few times unfortunately but I really wanted it, not because it was a rare piece but because it was my late aunty's and it had sentimental value. I don't know what's happened to it now, sad Sad
I'm sorry about your friend, that is sad. What happened to her collection?

Those Quail lambs and Herdwick sheep only came out, this year I think. They're adorable. I love Quail, I have one of the Swaledale sheep, you can get them as just figurines can't you, but mine was a money box. All the others I have are just figurines though, I recently bought the Kingfisher and he's so gorgeous.

I found a North Light sheep on eBay just now [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] it's only £17 - their horses are stylised, but I love them, I have two originals and the Cob is my favourite.



_________________
Harriet
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
WILLYBACOMAN



Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands
Age : 54
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 5974

PostSubject: Re: my collection: "The Flock"   Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:05 pm

A great and awesome sheep collection Carolynn! cheers
Although i stopped collecting them, and even some of my collection will go to you, i love to see that some people specialized in a certain group of animals. Very Happy

As i watch a lot of programms on the BBC in the afternoon, about putting things to the auction and so on, i learned a little bit about those ceramic figurines to.
It is hard for me sometimes, to stay on the toy market only, as i often see such beautifull models in ceramic and resin, so i have some, but not much...

As promised, i will send you some pics of sheep i have for you here, and from there on we see if there is something interesting for you.
But i will keep my Britains, and other 1:32 scaled farm animals from other known brands, i did cost me to many years to get where i am now with them...

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: my collection: "The Flock"   Today at 12:05 am

Back to top Go down
 
my collection: "The Flock"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» June Palmer from sid's collection
» Boiler collection
» Mai-Otome Manga Collection
» Starting a Tube Collection
» Worlds largest collection of vintage NIB '70's, '80's audio equipment ?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Collections and collecting :: Collections-
Jump to: