Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Harbour porpoise model - Casts available for sale

Go down 
+3
Ana
Brandubh94
Balaenoptera
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Balaenoptera

Balaenoptera

Country/State : The Netherlands

Harbour porpoise model - Casts available for sale Empty
PostSubject: Harbour porpoise model - Casts available for sale   Harbour porpoise model - Casts available for sale EmptySun Jun 04, 2023 9:09 pm

I've been making animal models for a few years and finally decided to mold and cast one of them. This is the Harbour porpoise, a relatively well known cetacean of which almost no replicas exists. I wanted to make this species available for collectors (though I am still hoping Safari or CollectA releases a better one sometime soon bounce ). Anyway, here are some pictures of a couple of painted casts, and a comparison with the Safari vaquita.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The model is just under 11 cm long, made from hard plastic (polyurethane) and painted with acrylics. I can sell them for 15 EUR each. Can also trade Wink
For anyone interested, please note: I am new to moulding/casting and each of these will have some imperfections, fixes and they vary in shape and colour a little bit. If you would like to see the exact one you are buying let me know and I will send individual pictures.

And, any suggestions for what cetacean species you would like to see in the future are welcome!
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

Country/State : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Harbour porpoise model - Casts available for sale   Harbour porpoise model - Casts available for sale EmptySun Jun 04, 2023 9:24 pm

That's such a cute little model! Do you have a website btw?
If your casting more models, I'd love to see obscure toothed whales, not a lot of companies tend to make those. Usually, they do the big baleen guys, but what about the toothed ones? As in...Blainville's Beaked Whale? Sowerby's Beaked Whale? Andrew's Beaked Whale? Those would be great. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Balaenoptera

Balaenoptera

PostSubject: Re: Harbour porpoise model - Casts available for sale   Harbour porpoise model - Casts available for sale EmptyMon Jun 05, 2023 12:05 pm

Brandubh94 wrote:
That's such a cute little model! Do you have a website btw?
If your casting more models, I'd love to see obscure toothed whales, not a lot of companies tend to make those. Usually, they do the big baleen guys, but what about the toothed ones? As in...Blainville's Beaked Whale? Sowerby's Beaked Whale? Andrew's Beaked Whale? Those would be great.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thank you :) No, no website sadly.
I've been thinking about Sowerby's beaked whale or Cuvier's beaked whale as no models exist of those species yet. Rough-toothed dolphin and Pygmy right whale would also be interesting I think.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Harbour porpoise model - Casts available for sale   Harbour porpoise model - Casts available for sale EmptyMon Jun 05, 2023 2:10 pm

That's really cool! Congratulations on molding and casting your works! It's quite exciting to see multiple copies of your work isn't it?
I think your models look great and are nicely painted Very Happy great choice of the species too!

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

Country/State : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Harbour porpoise model - Casts available for sale   Harbour porpoise model - Casts available for sale EmptyMon Jun 05, 2023 2:20 pm

Oh ok. No worries then, but also, there's a species called ...is it Ginko-Toothed Whale? Strap Toothed Whale? They have interesting overlapping teeth designs that would be cool to sculpt
Back to top Go down
Balaenoptera

Balaenoptera

PostSubject: Re: Harbour porpoise model - Casts available for sale   Harbour porpoise model - Casts available for sale EmptyMon Jun 05, 2023 4:17 pm

Thank you very much Anna! Yes quite exciting Smile

Right now I think it would be interesting to make casts of species of which no models (or no good ones) exist, Nayab did make a pretty good strap-toothed whale for example. But the whole process is expensive and time consuming, so regardless of what species I might do next I have to find out if people might be interested.
Back to top Go down
PeGe

PeGe

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Harbour porpoise model - Casts available for sale   Harbour porpoise model - Casts available for sale EmptySat Feb 10, 2024 12:58 pm

Wow!
Is one left for me?

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Harbour porpoise model - Casts available for sale   Harbour porpoise model - Casts available for sale EmptySat Feb 10, 2024 11:39 pm

I don't know how I missed this topic. I love when talented people start casting figures. I might be interested in one too. Very Happy

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Harbour porpoise model - Casts available for sale   Harbour porpoise model - Casts available for sale EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 1:35 pm

I hope i am not too late, but one please for me

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
PeGe

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: Harbour porpoise model - Casts available for sale   Harbour porpoise model - Casts available for sale EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 9:40 pm

Haha. Obviously some more persons missed that thread. But sorry guys. One after another😉

NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Harbour porpoise model - Casts available for sale   Harbour porpoise model - Casts available for sale EmptySat Mar 09, 2024 9:00 am

Would love to buy a model! Have send a PM.

Balaenoptera

PostSubject: Re: Harbour porpoise model - Casts available for sale   Harbour porpoise model - Casts available for sale EmptyWed Mar 13, 2024 2:16 pm

Thank you all! I must say, I was a little bit surprised no one bought any before since I thought it would be an interesting one for species collectors. But glad to see you do like them. I have ones left ready to ship and I can always make new casts.
I have been busy the past few months and do not check topics often. If anyone is interesting in purchasing or trading please send me a private message!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Harbour porpoise model - Casts available for sale   Harbour porpoise model - Casts available for sale EmptyWed Mar 13, 2024 6:28 pm

Balaenoptera wrote:
Thank you all! I must say, I was a little bit surprised no one bought any before since I thought it would be an interesting one for species collectors. But glad to see you do like them. I have ones left ready to ship and I can always make new casts.
I have been busy the past few months and do not check topics often. If anyone is interesting in purchasing or trading please send me a private message!

done

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Harbour porpoise model - Casts available for sale   Harbour porpoise model - Casts available for sale EmptyWed Mar 13, 2024 9:18 pm

Message sent! Very Happy

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: Harbour porpoise model - Casts available for sale   Harbour porpoise model - Casts available for sale EmptyWed Mar 13, 2024 10:18 pm

Haha.
I am glad having pushed this thread a bit. No replies between june 2023 and february 2024 and now at least some will soon receive this buried treasure! 😉

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Harbour porpoise model - Casts available for sale   Harbour porpoise model - Casts available for sale EmptyWed Mar 13, 2024 11:36 pm

PeGe wrote:
Haha.
I am glad having pushed this thread a bit. No replies between june 2023 and february 2024 and now at least some will soon receive this buried treasure! 😉

I'm glad you did it. That's why we always tell that topics are never old.

PostSubject: Re: Harbour porpoise model - Casts available for sale   Harbour porpoise model - Casts available for sale Empty

Back to top Go down

Harbour porpoise model - Casts available for sale
Page 1 of 1