Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I made a Toyway WWD Dromaeosaurus!

Go down 
+2
Roger
ikessauro
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ikessauro

ikessauro

Country/State : Brasil

I made a Toyway WWD Dromaeosaurus!  Empty
PostSubject: I made a Toyway WWD Dromaeosaurus!     I made a Toyway WWD Dromaeosaurus!  EmptyTue Jun 13, 2023 10:52 pm

Hey guys, thought  I should share this here.

After I completed my WWD Toyway Collection,  I felt  I could expand it by adding repainted figures to my set, to represent species depicted in the documentary that were not made by Toyway.

Of course I won't be able to do that for all species, but there are three that come to mind that can be done. Those are Dromaeosaurus, which can be created by repainting the Utahraptor, American  Iguanodon can be done repainting the European Iguanodon and the Allosaurus can be repainted to recreate the Australian Dwarf Allosaurus.

But I feel bad repainting rarer figures, so I decided to only repaint ones I find in bad condition for sale. My luck was that a couple months ago  I came across this one on eBay. An almost completely sun bleached  Utahraptor.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Here's it next to my Utahraptor which is in good condition.

I wanted to remove all the black stripes so I didn't have to give it a full coat of paint. I wanted to do a simple paint job with few paint layers to mimic the factory style. So I used paint thinner to remove the black paint and red paint from the eyes (before I tried acetone and other products that didn't work).  After that I put it in a ziplock bag with hydrogen peroxide and left it a few days in the sun to further bleach the remaining yellow stains.
The result was a mostly clean model. I didn't bother cleaning all the gray paint from the limbs and black  from the claws, since these would be painted over anyway.

So using this promo image as a guide and screen shots of the documentary I managed to paint it.

Here's the final result! Enjoy and let me know what you think!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/patrickkrol
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: I made a Toyway WWD Dromaeosaurus!     I made a Toyway WWD Dromaeosaurus!  EmptyTue Jun 13, 2023 11:40 pm

It's fantastic Patrick! You've found the perfect figure for a perfect project and now the real character is in your collection. I'm not sure I was aware of your talent! cheers

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: I made a Toyway WWD Dromaeosaurus!     I made a Toyway WWD Dromaeosaurus!  EmptyWed Jun 14, 2023 12:12 am

Holy cow, you worked a wonder! Truly superb job, and you found a perfect "victim" for your shelves. I still need to find one of these in the original style.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
ikessauro

ikessauro

Country/State : Brasil

PostSubject: Re: I made a Toyway WWD Dromaeosaurus!     I made a Toyway WWD Dromaeosaurus!  EmptyWed Jun 14, 2023 12:39 am

Thank you  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I do occasionaly customize models, mostly repaints.

Thanks a lot  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I like to think of this as a rescue of a damaged rarity Very Happy

By the way, in case you want to know, there's a Utahraptor right now for sale as Buy it Now on eBay Uk. Not very cheap, but rarities seldom are, right? Shipping might be a problem, depending on where you live though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/patrickkrol
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: I made a Toyway WWD Dromaeosaurus!     I made a Toyway WWD Dromaeosaurus!  EmptyWed Jun 14, 2023 8:18 am

Very good job for a very good result! cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: I made a Toyway WWD Dromaeosaurus!     I made a Toyway WWD Dromaeosaurus!  EmptyWed Jun 14, 2023 3:14 pm

Wonderful paintwork, congrats! So precise, and I love the high contrast pattern Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: I made a Toyway WWD Dromaeosaurus!     I made a Toyway WWD Dromaeosaurus!  EmptyThu Jun 15, 2023 7:22 pm

Very nice work, a rescued Utahraptor and a very successful Dromaeosaurus. Applause
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I made a Toyway WWD Dromaeosaurus!     I made a Toyway WWD Dromaeosaurus!  Empty

Back to top Go down

I made a Toyway WWD Dromaeosaurus!
Page 1 of 1