Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mountain goat Schleich / Safari

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Mountain goat Schleich / Safari Empty
PostSubject: Mountain goat Schleich / Safari   Mountain goat Schleich / Safari EmptyMon Jun 26, 2023 1:46 pm

Last weekend i visited Ralf (Yurumi) and have seen the first time his wonderful collection. Do you have ever recognize that it looks that the old Schleich 14340 and the Safari Ltd mountain goat have the same mold?

Sorry, i dont have pics

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by widukind on Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Mountain goat Schleich / Safari   Mountain goat Schleich / Safari EmptyMon Jun 26, 2023 2:26 pm

widukind wrote:
Last weekend i visited Ralf (Yurumi) and have seen the first time his wonderful collection. Do you have ever recognize that it looks that the old Schleich 14340 and the Safari Ltd mountain goat have the same mold?

Sory, i dont have pics

Yes, it is well known. I think Schleich used it first and then Safari. They shared several sculpts in the 1990s. The Safari 'desert tortoise' is also a Schleich 'Galapagos tortoise' and Schleich sold several molds used in Safari's Vanishing Wild collection.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Mountain goat Schleich / Safari   Mountain goat Schleich / Safari EmptyMon Jun 26, 2023 5:08 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
widukind wrote:

Sory, i dont have pics

Yes, it is well known. I think Schleich used it first and then Safari. They shared several sculpts in the 1990s. The Safari 'desert tortoise' is also a Schleich 'Galapagos tortoise' and Schleich sold several molds used in Safari's Vanishing Wild collection.

I never recognize that but i also dont own one of these figures of mountain goats.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Mountain goat Schleich / Safari   Mountain goat Schleich / Safari EmptyMon Jun 26, 2023 5:33 pm

widukind wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:
widukind wrote:

Sory, i dont have pics

I never recognize that but i also dont own one of these figures of mountain goats.

You should own one; IMO it's one the best mountain goat sculpts!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Mountain goat Schleich / Safari   Mountain goat Schleich / Safari EmptyMon Jun 26, 2023 5:58 pm

I remember when I first saw the safari in a store and snagged it thinking I would never get the original Schleich model... I was about 13, maybe even younger. I got the Schleich soon after, only a year or so, from an STS forum member!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mountain goat Schleich / Safari   Mountain goat Schleich / Safari EmptyWed Jun 28, 2023 11:12 pm

It is surprising you didn't know about it but that's not your focus since you collect different species and not variations of the same figure.
Susanne opened a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] about it.
I have the old Schleich and the newer one from the Mountain Animals set. I don't have the Safari. The newer Schleich is very good but I like best the older one and the CollectA pair is really poor compared to them.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Mountain goat Schleich / Safari   Mountain goat Schleich / Safari EmptyThu Jun 29, 2023 12:03 pm

Roger wrote:
It is surprising you didn't know about it but that's not your focus since you collect different species and not variations of the same figure.
Susanne opened a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] about it.
I have the old Schleich and the newer one from the Mountain Animals set. I don't have the Safari. The newer Schleich is very good but I like best the older one and the CollectA pair is really poor compared to them.

Oh, it looks i am old. I fogot it Shocked Embarassed scratch study

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Mountain goat Schleich / Safari   Mountain goat Schleich / Safari EmptyThu Jun 29, 2023 12:05 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
widukind wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:
widukind wrote:

Sory, i dont have pics

You should own one; IMO it's one the best mountain goat sculpts!

Maybe, i only have the Noahs Pals and the NewRay

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mountain goat Schleich / Safari   Mountain goat Schleich / Safari EmptyThu Jun 29, 2023 12:21 pm

widukind wrote:
Roger wrote:

I won't contradict you because it's not polite to contradict elderly people. Laughing
I'm just kidding, my old friend. Wink

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Mountain goat Schleich / Safari   Mountain goat Schleich / Safari EmptyFri Jun 30, 2023 12:22 pm

Roger wrote:
widukind wrote:
Roger wrote:

I won't contradict you because it's not polite to contradict elderly people. Laughing
I'm just kidding, my old friend. Wink

Wink Wink

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mountain goat Schleich / Safari   Mountain goat Schleich / Safari Empty

Back to top Go down

Mountain goat Schleich / Safari
Page 1 of 1