Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New website live: Cetacean Toy Figure Collector

Go down 
+3
Joliezac
Saarlooswolfhound
Balaenoptera
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Balaenoptera

Balaenoptera

Country/State : The Netherlands

New website live: Cetacean Toy Figure Collector Empty
PostSubject: New website live: Cetacean Toy Figure Collector   New website live: Cetacean Toy Figure Collector EmptySat Aug 12, 2023 8:44 pm

I've been working on a website for my collection of whale and dolphin figures, and it is now live. I am still taking and uploading pictures and writing descriptions mostly for the toothed whale species, but most of my baleen whales can be found on the website now. I will post an update here when all the toothed whales are up too. Please take a look at www.cetacean-toy-figures-collector.com . Thank you to anyone who visits my website  Smile

Any tips are welcome too! As are any questions of course.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: New website live: Cetacean Toy Figure Collector   New website live: Cetacean Toy Figure Collector EmptySat Aug 12, 2023 9:25 pm

Oh congratulations! From someone who recently launched a website for their collection also I know how much work that is. Everything looks wonderful and I will be spending a lot of time there. :)

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: New website live: Cetacean Toy Figure Collector   New website live: Cetacean Toy Figure Collector EmptySat Aug 12, 2023 11:49 pm

Love the site so far! I'd love to see updates. I've been working on a new site myself and its been probably a 2 year process now Laughing. It is a lot of work so I applaud you! I like how you have short descriptions of your models.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: New website live: Cetacean Toy Figure Collector   New website live: Cetacean Toy Figure Collector EmptySun Aug 13, 2023 12:53 am

it's wonderful, congratulations! and I love your homepage photo of the tiny one next to the enormous one! it sums up cetaceans :)
good luck on your endeavour!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: New website live: Cetacean Toy Figure Collector   New website live: Cetacean Toy Figure Collector EmptySun Aug 13, 2023 7:34 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: New website live: Cetacean Toy Figure Collector   New website live: Cetacean Toy Figure Collector EmptySun Aug 13, 2023 9:29 pm

I've read it all. I love the simple way you did it since everything is quite intuitive. Your additional texts are also very interesting. I'm looking forward to see more, especially the sections not related with baleen whales.

Balaenoptera

PostSubject: Re: New website live: Cetacean Toy Figure Collector   New website live: Cetacean Toy Figure Collector EmptyMon Aug 14, 2023 2:54 pm

Thank you all very much! Making your own website is indeed a lot of work. The toothed whales will be added over the next two weeks or so, with a few every day (when I have time). Glad to read you enjoy it so far!
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: New website live: Cetacean Toy Figure Collector   New website live: Cetacean Toy Figure Collector EmptyMon Aug 14, 2023 4:32 pm

Great website. I like your comments on each model and the size information is very useful. What are the transparent supports that you use? And I am curious what the gigantic model on the home page is.

Balaenoptera

PostSubject: Re: New website live: Cetacean Toy Figure Collector   New website live: Cetacean Toy Figure Collector EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 11:07 am

rogerpgvg wrote:
Great website. I like your comments on each model and the size information is very useful. What are the transparent supports that you use? And I am curious what the gigantic model on the home page is.

Thank you! The supports are by PNSO, they come with most of their bipedal dinosaur models. The huge model is the Kaiyodo Mega Sofubi Advance blue whale, my absolute favourite figure ever Very Happy I have yet to add an image of it on my blue whale page, once I find a way to photograph such a large model.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: New website live: Cetacean Toy Figure Collector   New website live: Cetacean Toy Figure Collector EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 8:53 pm

Thanks. I wondered whether it was the Kaiyodo, but I couldn't find it among your blue whales.

Balaenoptera

PostSubject: Re: New website live: Cetacean Toy Figure Collector   New website live: Cetacean Toy Figure Collector EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 8:57 pm

I finished uploading the dolphins and some other toothed whale species. Now, just the sperm whales and orca's to go Smile

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: New website live: Cetacean Toy Figure Collector   New website live: Cetacean Toy Figure Collector EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 9:38 pm

They all look great! Nice work my friend.

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Balaenoptera

Balaenoptera

PostSubject: Re: New website live: Cetacean Toy Figure Collector   New website live: Cetacean Toy Figure Collector EmptyMon Sep 04, 2023 12:56 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
They all look great! Nice work my friend.

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: New website live: Cetacean Toy Figure Collector   New website live: Cetacean Toy Figure Collector EmptyMon Sep 04, 2023 6:02 pm

I have seen the CBIOV male porpoise is missing. But i also dont see the calf. And do you know the Kaiyodo Brydes whales?

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Balaenoptera

Balaenoptera

PostSubject: Re: New website live: Cetacean Toy Figure Collector   New website live: Cetacean Toy Figure Collector EmptyMon Sep 04, 2023 9:55 pm

widukind wrote:
I have seen the CBIOV male porpoise is missing. But i also dont see the calf. And do you know the Kaiyodo Brydes whales?

I don't collect calves nor very small whales like Kaiyodo
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: New website live: Cetacean Toy Figure Collector   New website live: Cetacean Toy Figure Collector EmptyTue Sep 05, 2023 9:10 am

Balaenoptera wrote:
widukind wrote:

I don't collect calves nor very small whales like Kaiyodo

Ah okay

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New website live: Cetacean Toy Figure Collector   New website live: Cetacean Toy Figure Collector Empty

Back to top Go down

New website live: Cetacean Toy Figure Collector
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Collections and collecting :: Collector's life-
Jump to: