Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Did I find a AAA unicorn?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Did I find a AAA unicorn?  Empty
PostSubject: Did I find a AAA unicorn?    Did I find a AAA unicorn?  EmptySun Aug 13, 2023 10:56 am

As the kids these days call them... a chubby unicorn? Cool Laughing Palmface

I have been told that it seems AAA only ever made Asian rhinos. Even those with the exception of 2 seem to be rather rare to find. Alas, when I saw this listing suggesting that this lil guy might be the first of his kind I have ever seen I HAD to snap him.up. He took longer than expected to arrive but when he did it was easily confirmed. A white rhino, potentially a calf for a larger model, or a slightly undersized adult? I'm not sure but at any rate I couldn't be happier to have added this unicorn to the curation.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

These are the only I had access to for size comparison. My rhinos for both white and Asian are buried so a comparison with those will have to come later.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Did I find a AAA unicorn?    Did I find a AAA unicorn?  EmptySun Aug 13, 2023 11:23 am

what a beautiful rhino Paige! well done in finding him!
These AAA rhinos fit in nicely with 1/32nd scale rhinos and I have the Indian one. I don't think I have ever seen this African one though. Such a beauty :)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Did I find a AAA unicorn?    Did I find a AAA unicorn?  EmptyMon Aug 14, 2023 5:39 am

The rumor has been that AAA never made African rhinos, there are only known Asian rhino models from them. That's why this is so exciting for me! And to boot, I think its a very nice model of one too.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Did I find a AAA unicorn?    Did I find a AAA unicorn?  EmptyMon Aug 14, 2023 11:43 am

Oh, I was not expecting this. I'm not sure I've ever mentioned that AAA never made African rhinos but I am sure I mentioned I didn't know they did it. I also remember mentioning that the other conspicuous rhinos were Asian rhinos and not African.
This one is undoubtfully an African rhino and it is an adult. Those horns do not work for a calf. I'm so excited about it and thanks for pointing me to this topic.

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Did I find a AAA unicorn?    Did I find a AAA unicorn?  EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 1:25 am

Wonderful rare addition. cheers cheers cheers

PostSubject: Re: Did I find a AAA unicorn?    Did I find a AAA unicorn?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Did I find a AAA unicorn?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Modern companies :: AAA-
Jump to: