Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CHITWAN PLAY VISIONS SET...

Go down 
+3
Saarlooswolfhound
Jill
Stripedhyena
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

CHITWAN PLAY VISIONS SET... Empty
PostSubject: CHITWAN PLAY VISIONS SET...   CHITWAN PLAY VISIONS SET... EmptyMon Sep 04, 2023 3:03 pm

I take this capture of our colleague Whitelightingwolf as a starting point for this topic... What do you think?
LET’S TALK ABOUT THIS SET...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: CHITWAN PLAY VISIONS SET...   CHITWAN PLAY VISIONS SET... EmptyMon Sep 04, 2023 3:09 pm

I have nothing to contribute except wow, and it's really cool to actually see photos of them. And to get an approximate idea of their worth. Do we know why this set is so rare?
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: CHITWAN PLAY VISIONS SET...   CHITWAN PLAY VISIONS SET... EmptyMon Sep 04, 2023 5:22 pm

Regardless of rarity, these are outrageous prices. Curious to see what they do sell for though. For me, the most onteresting model of the set is missing; the jackal.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: CHITWAN PLAY VISIONS SET...   CHITWAN PLAY VISIONS SET... EmptyTue Sep 05, 2023 2:46 am

The gaur is very similar (or even identical) to the Yujin wagyu that is not uncommon on Japanese auction websites. It would be a cheaper alternative.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CHITWAN PLAY VISIONS SET...   CHITWAN PLAY VISIONS SET... EmptyTue Sep 05, 2023 4:31 am

rogerpgvg wrote:
The gaur is very similar (or even identical) to the Yujin wagyu that is not uncommon on Japanese auction websites. It would be a cheaper alternative.

Aren't they the same? Wing Mau produced figures for Play Visions and Yujin, for PV on late 1990's and for Yujin at the start of this century.

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: CHITWAN PLAY VISIONS SET...   CHITWAN PLAY VISIONS SET... EmptyTue Sep 05, 2023 5:41 am

I think the mould is probably the same but the painting looks slightly different.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CHITWAN PLAY VISIONS SET...   CHITWAN PLAY VISIONS SET... EmptyTue Sep 05, 2023 5:43 am

rogerpgvg wrote:
I think the mould is probably the same but the painting looks slightly different.

Sure, I was refering to the model. Painting, colors and markings are often different.

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: CHITWAN PLAY VISIONS SET...   CHITWAN PLAY VISIONS SET... EmptyTue Sep 05, 2023 6:08 am

rogerpgvg wrote:
I have both and you're right.
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: CHITWAN PLAY VISIONS SET...   CHITWAN PLAY VISIONS SET... EmptyTue Sep 05, 2023 6:10 am

Jill wrote:
I have nothing to contribute except wow, and it's really cool to actually see photos of them. And to get an approximate idea of their worth. Do we know why this set is so rare?
It seems that the main reason is that it was on the market for a very limited time. But there are other shadows and hypotheses about this set and about other PV series.
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: CHITWAN PLAY VISIONS SET...   CHITWAN PLAY VISIONS SET... EmptyTue Sep 05, 2023 6:15 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Regardless of rarity, these are outrageous prices. Curious to see what they do sell for though. For me, the most onteresting model of the set is missing; the jackal.
The jackal and the chital (even more so considering that the model is a female) are the most interesting figures in my opinion.
About the price... in the end it is the law of supply and demand... the absolute scarcity of this set marks its rarity and its value, so it is with all the figures. I would like to know who won the bidding, I have a slight idea but I wouldn't dare to know for sure.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: CHITWAN PLAY VISIONS SET...   CHITWAN PLAY VISIONS SET... EmptyTue Sep 05, 2023 1:01 pm

I didn't win Wink

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: CHITWAN PLAY VISIONS SET...   CHITWAN PLAY VISIONS SET... EmptyTue Sep 05, 2023 2:08 pm

I understand the concept of supply and demand, it just boggles my mind that anyone would set a price like that in the first place, let alone someone else paying it. I have never spent more than 100$ on a figure, that is a limit I have set for myself. That is in no way a bragging comment, its just stating one way I limit myself so I don't go overboard with my hobby. If you can afford it, go for it! But dang, that is a loooooot of money for a small piece of recycled dinosaur oil... Wink The Series 8 Yowies giraffe calf (the chase pice) sold recently for an insane amount. Something like 260+? Just crazy to me is all...

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: CHITWAN PLAY VISIONS SET...   CHITWAN PLAY VISIONS SET... EmptyTue Sep 05, 2023 3:29 pm

You do very well to mark that limit for each piece, when you have a hobby like that it's easy to lose your head a bit! I think marking boundaries in these cases is important.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: CHITWAN PLAY VISIONS SET...   CHITWAN PLAY VISIONS SET... EmptyTue Sep 05, 2023 4:50 pm

For sure! I have spent 100$ on a handful of items at this point. The Papo albino gorilla, the Schleich brown pelican (back then it was in demand), currently looking for a breyer stablemate black wolf that I can get 100$... but that is my hard and fast limit for a plastic model/toy. I cannot imagine paying more for things like that! But I do understand the allure... its just the pricetag that is unfathomable for me.

Back to top Go down
NMR_Okapi

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: CHITWAN PLAY VISIONS SET...   CHITWAN PLAY VISIONS SET... EmptyTue Sep 05, 2023 5:09 pm

Well, that would be the first time I have seen them listed in 10 years. I’ve seen most of the other play visions come up.
Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: CHITWAN PLAY VISIONS SET...   CHITWAN PLAY VISIONS SET... EmptyTue Sep 05, 2023 10:36 pm

These PVs are originaly cheap and not so old figures so I think these insane prices were offered by one-two hard core collectors with unlimited budget... I saw similar situation by PV lemurs, raptors or monkeys. First prices were very high and next ones were sold for much realistic prices. It is 3 years ago, I saw some of these (condors, jackal, asian elephant, small tiger, some monkeys and lemurs) in China market place but I bought only few. If I get the same offer today, I would buy probably much more, at least as trading material...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CHITWAN PLAY VISIONS SET...   CHITWAN PLAY VISIONS SET... Empty

Back to top Go down

CHITWAN PLAY VISIONS SET...
Page 1 of 1