Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Collection Review: Safari Ltd & CollectA & Papo Jackals and Coyotes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

Country/State : Ireland

Collection Review: Safari Ltd & CollectA & Papo Jackals and Coyotes Empty
PostSubject: Collection Review: Safari Ltd & CollectA & Papo Jackals and Coyotes   Collection Review: Safari Ltd & CollectA & Papo Jackals and Coyotes EmptyThu Sep 14, 2023 9:52 am

Figure Brand: Safari Ltd & CollectA & Papo

Figure Name(s): Coyote (227229)
Black Backed Jackal (88665)
Jackal (50259)

Sex: All Males

Name: Coyote- Cheyenne- Cheyenne- ‘People of a different Language.’
Black Backed Jackal- Ismir
Jackal- Coyotl

Year Made: Coyote- 2011
Black Backed Jackal- 2014
Jackal- 2020

Observations/Thoughts: A collection of different Jackals and Coyotes from the main brands, Safari Ltd, Papo and CollectA. They’re a generally ok enough collection and I do have a favourite, however two models in particular have annoying issues…

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ismir is my Black-Backed Jackal. He’s my favourite of the trio with his pose and marking providing some really nice interest to the collection. I like his downward facing pose, looks like he’s out sniffing at something interesting in the desert. His markings are nice too, seemingly realistic enough in comparison to the real animal.

Cheyenne is my coyote, he’s probably my least favorite of the trio simply because of the sculpting on his paws, the bent backwards posing on them looks…ridiculous and unnatural? Very annoying, and again, could be a problem with only my particular model. His coat is a rich sandy brown with a slight bar of charcoal over his back and shoulders and a black tail tip, nice, but again, the paws are annoying.

Coyotl, the Jackal is the second problematic mould of these creatures which is a shame because these creatures really deserve nice models. The problem with him is that he’s moulded in such a manner he tends to tip over, both fore and back legs are placed, one nearly exactly behind the other so that he falls quiet a lot of the time if he isn’t propped up on something- again really annoying. I wish these animals were renewed, re-released and redone in some way to correct their problems as they’d be great if so, they do deserve to have nice models made of them.

Rating: Coyote- 3/5
Black Backed Jackal- 4/5
Jackal- 3/5
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Safari Ltd & CollectA & Papo Jackals and Coyotes   Collection Review: Safari Ltd & CollectA & Papo Jackals and Coyotes EmptyThu Sep 14, 2023 10:21 am

Nice too

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Safari Ltd & CollectA & Papo Jackals and Coyotes   Collection Review: Safari Ltd & CollectA & Papo Jackals and Coyotes EmptyThu Sep 14, 2023 10:28 am

Thanks Widukind!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Safari Ltd & CollectA & Papo Jackals and Coyotes   Collection Review: Safari Ltd & CollectA & Papo Jackals and Coyotes EmptyThu Sep 14, 2023 11:19 am

Interesting to see similar animals of three different species and three different brands.
It is crazy that coyotes are very well-known animals and there aren't many figures of it.
I agree the black-backed jackal is the best of this trio and I like the "very dog" pose.
I think my jackals do not have those issues but despite considering Safari's coyote a good model, I think they should release a newer version of it like they did with the puma this year.

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Safari Ltd & CollectA & Papo Jackals and Coyotes   Collection Review: Safari Ltd & CollectA & Papo Jackals and Coyotes EmptyThu Sep 14, 2023 11:38 am

Yes Roger, I completely agree, I feel there's an overlooking of these species across the animal figure brands. I would love a whole remodeling.
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Safari Ltd & CollectA & Papo Jackals and Coyotes   Collection Review: Safari Ltd & CollectA & Papo Jackals and Coyotes EmptyFri Sep 15, 2023 1:49 pm

I think you are a little hard with these 2 models even if I noticed your coyote did not receive an as good painting as mine. It is surprising that we miss coyotes figurines, I suppose it is because they look like a little  to much to wolves, but we are luky to have this decent golden jackal. :)

Last edited by Caracal on Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Safari Ltd & CollectA & Papo Jackals and Coyotes   Collection Review: Safari Ltd & CollectA & Papo Jackals and Coyotes EmptyFri Sep 15, 2023 2:14 pm

Some lovely renditions!
It's really a shame that your models have such issues and I would also love to see more Coyotes and Jackals. Otherwise I quite like these three and would love to get them for my collection someday. Especially Papo's Jakal caught my heart on your photo. It seems that he has nicely painted eyes and I like his colouring quite a bit as well.
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Safari Ltd & CollectA & Papo Jackals and Coyotes   Collection Review: Safari Ltd & CollectA & Papo Jackals and Coyotes EmptyFri Sep 15, 2023 3:06 pm

Thanks Katy. I feel these animals need a big rehaul in that sense too. The jackal is a nice one, not really the sculpting aspect but his overall colour is what I like about him
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Safari Ltd & CollectA & Papo Jackals and Coyotes   Collection Review: Safari Ltd & CollectA & Papo Jackals and Coyotes Empty

Back to top Go down

Collection Review: Safari Ltd & CollectA & Papo Jackals and Coyotes
Page 1 of 1