Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2023 Safari Type D Orca Walkaround With Comparisons

Go down 
+2
Roger
Joliezac
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

2023 Safari Type D Orca Walkaround With Comparisons Empty
PostSubject: 2023 Safari Type D Orca Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari Type D Orca Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyMon Oct 09, 2023 3:46 am

Got another exciting batch of new 2023 figures from Safari!

I never expected to get a figure like this, and although I have many killer whales, I was very excited to get this type D one!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I really love this orca. I admit I am not too educated with the different types of orcas but I find it really interesting that Safari picked this subspecies. The model itself is very well done. Nice and smooth and I like the movement the figure has. It feels like it is swimming and not in a static pose like some other orcas I have. The underside is very well done and has a prominent navel. Due to the small dorsal fin I assume it is female.

It measures approx 15 cm long and 7 cm tall (including dorsal fin)

Here it is with some of my other orcas. I also have the newer Schleich orcas and CollectA orcas if anyone would like comparisons with those.

With Schleich's 2013 orca

With the Safari MBA orca

Schleich's 2005 orca

With Schleich's

Schleich, Safari, Schleich, Safari

I'm very pleased with this model and I would love to see more orca types in the future.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Safari Type D Orca Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari Type D Orca Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyMon Oct 09, 2023 11:45 pm

Safari was very bold. That was a great move. I also don't know what makes a type D different from others but this figure has clearly a different shape from the traditional orca figure. Fantastic walk around, thanks!

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Safari Type D Orca Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari Type D Orca Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyTue Oct 10, 2023 1:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Here is a graph from Wikipedia that compares the different types of orca whales.

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Safari Type D Orca Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari Type D Orca Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyTue Oct 10, 2023 9:32 pm

Very Happy Thank you for these interesting comparison pictures Jolie and for that plate Burgerenby!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Safari Type D Orca Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari Type D Orca Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyTue Oct 10, 2023 10:01 pm

Interesting chart. One of the things I noticed in this model was the bulbous head, almost like a spermwhale instead of the traditional shape. It seems the eye patches are also important to help determining the types.

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Safari Type D Orca Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari Type D Orca Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed Oct 11, 2023 9:23 am

There are a lot of orcas to choose from, so it's great that Safari has made this one a bit different. It looks like it is very accurately done for a Type D: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Safari Type D Orca Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari Type D Orca Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyTue Oct 17, 2023 6:15 pm

Thank you so much, type d is interesting

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Safari Type D Orca Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari Type D Orca Walkaround With Comparisons Empty

Back to top Go down

2023 Safari Type D Orca Walkaround With Comparisons
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Safari Ltd. :: Safari Ltd walkarounds and reviews-
Jump to: