Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2023 Safari Arctic Fox Walkaround With Comparisons

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

2023 Safari Arctic Fox Walkaround With Comparisons Empty
PostSubject: 2023 Safari Arctic Fox Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari Arctic Fox Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySun Oct 08, 2023 2:56 pm

Another new 2023 release from Safari, an updated arctic fox!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I think this model is a good upgrade from Safari's previous model. The proportions look better to me and I like the walking pose. Nothing too spectacular but I couldn't say no to another fox Laughing I like how fluffy this one looks.

Now some comparisons!

Papo, Schleich, Safari, Safari, Schleich, Schleich

Schleich's older arctic fox (one of my favorite Schleich figures)

Papo's

Safari's original one (mine is a bit dirty)

Recent Schleich

Old Schleich kit (another one of my favorites)

Then some face comparisons

Safari, Schleich, Safari, Schleich, Papo, Schleich

Schleich, Safari, Schleich, Papo

Overall a very nice model!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Safari Arctic Fox Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari Arctic Fox Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySun Oct 08, 2023 8:46 pm

Surely the old version needed a upgrade as you mentioned. I like that they preserved the furry looking of the predecessor to contrast with the short-haired Schleich. Those comparisons are really useful. My opinion about the model is the exact same as yours and of course I can't also avoid a fox. Laughing

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Safari Arctic Fox Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari Arctic Fox Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyTue Oct 17, 2023 5:17 am

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Safari Arctic Fox Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari Arctic Fox Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyThu Oct 19, 2023 10:42 pm

It is indeed more elaborate than the previous one. Can you take a picture with the WW?

Thanks for showing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Safari Arctic Fox Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari Arctic Fox Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySun Oct 29, 2023 8:10 am

Kikimalou wrote:
It is indeed more elaborate than the previous one. Can you take a picture with the WW?

Thanks for showing Very Happy

Here you go!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Safari Arctic Fox Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari Arctic Fox Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 8:00 am

Great comparison, Jolie. the larger one is marketed at 1:9 scale so, using your picture, the smaller one is about 1:13.

molla.nasreddin

Country/State : Iran

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Safari Arctic Fox Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari Arctic Fox Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 7:01 pm

Great photos 🌹
Would you please compare:

1-safari new arctic fox with papo arctic wolf
2-safari new arctic fox with safari arctic hare

It seems they are in the same size.
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Safari Arctic Fox Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari Arctic Fox Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyTue Dec 19, 2023 1:16 pm

molla.nasreddin wrote:
Great photos 🌹
Would you please compare:

1-safari new arctic fox with papo arctic wolf
2-safari new arctic fox with safari arctic hare

It seems they are in the same size.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Safari Arctic Fox Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari Arctic Fox Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyTue Dec 19, 2023 8:22 pm

Thank you for the comparison pics Jolie Very Happy So it is just a bit too big for the Arctic hare scratch Papo and Schleich size match better. Nevertheless it is beautiful Very Happy
Back to top Go down
molla.nasreddin

molla.nasreddin

Country/State : Iran

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Safari Arctic Fox Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari Arctic Fox Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyTue Dec 19, 2023 8:25 pm

Joliezac wrote:

Thanks alot 🌹🌹
I wished this safari arctic fox be bigger than safari arctic hare. But they are in the same height 🤔
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Safari Arctic Fox Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari Arctic Fox Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed Dec 20, 2023 12:01 am

Jolie, although I'm not that obsessed with sizes, I delight in these comparison photos. They are always very helpful, and you have been tireless. I hope you never get tired of so many photo requests we make on the forum; I know it's a lot of work from preparation to sharing the pictures here. We can't ignore the fact that the Safari Arctic hare has its hind legs stretched out. If they were folded under the body as is traditional in rabbit replicas, the figure would look much smaller. I have the Papo version and many other figures to buy; otherwise, I would have no doubt in acquiring this Safari model.

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Safari Arctic Fox Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari Arctic Fox Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed Dec 20, 2023 5:05 am

I’m always happy to help out with photos! Comparisons often help us decide if we are going to get a figure or not so it’s always a great help. Knowing the size online doesn’t always make it clear.

As for the Safari hare it’s a really nice model. I was skeptical to get it for some time because of the size but I’m really glad I got it. It’s wonderfully sculpted and I’m happy to still see it in Safari’s current lines.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Safari Arctic Fox Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari Arctic Fox Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed Dec 20, 2023 5:32 am

To put it simply, a few years ago I let my Papo arctic fox go when the Kaiyodo joined my shelves. Palmface

I've regretted letting him go ever since, he would have been perfect with my other 1/12 scale Arctic animals. drunken

Alas, he's nowhere to be found What a Face . So I'm looking for a replacement, the Safari Ltd is very nice but a bit too big for 1/12. All I have left is the latest Schleich as an option.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Safari Arctic Fox Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari Arctic Fox Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed Dec 20, 2023 8:24 am

Kikimalou wrote:
To put it simply, a few years ago I let my Papo arctic fox go when the Kaiyodo joined my shelves.  Palmface

I've regretted letting him go ever since, he would have been perfect with my other 1/12 scale Arctic animals. drunken

Alas, he's nowhere to be found What a Face . So I'm looking for a replacement, the Safari Ltd is very nice but a bit too big for 1/12. All I have left is the latest Schleich as an option.

The Papo Arctic fox was available only for 3 years. With Papo, it often means it will turn very hard to find. I called the local shops which carry Papo and they don't have it anymore. The Schleich model is also retired but it is easier to find. I like the Papo most but I find the Schleich a good model and the previous one, with short fur, is also nice.

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Safari Arctic Fox Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari Arctic Fox Walkaround With Comparisons Empty

Back to top Go down

2023 Safari Arctic Fox Walkaround With Comparisons
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Safari Ltd. :: Safari Ltd walkarounds and reviews-
Jump to: