Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Its sad that the Vanishing Wild Collection was discontinued

Go down 
+12
WILLYBACOMAN
ken yeo
skysthelimit
Roger
widukind
SUSANNE
HKHollinstone
Mastiffcat
Kikimalou
baltimore zoo
landrover
weaselfan93
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
baltimore zoo

Its sad that the Vanishing Wild Collection was discontinued - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Its sad that the Vanishing Wild Collection was discontinued - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 8:08 pm

Weasel,
The WW line is better than the VW line, because they are more realistic and
just a higher quality! But as you know, you had to have an Edsel before your could have a Ford GT!
WW is a great example of the evolution of an animal figure line!
Too bad they only made one(Okapi) for this year!!!!! I guess Safari didn't want more of my money...
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Its sad that the Vanishing Wild Collection was discontinued   Its sad that the Vanishing Wild Collection was discontinued - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 10:15 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Roger wrote:
I don't have any WW and always suspected it! All large figures from these series of Safari are hollow with a thick plastic. I saw the weight in the internet, are relatively heavy but not as heavy as it would be if it was solide as a regular figure.

Hmmm scratch
The lion male weighs 550 grammes, the Gorilla male 475 grammes What a Face
They sure feel solid to me Wink

The oficial document from Safari gives slightly less than 400 g to the gorilla and lion! I'm talking about Wild Life Wonders! Some heavy in fact, more than a Papo hippo! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Its sad that the Vanishing Wild Collection was discontinued   Its sad that the Vanishing Wild Collection was discontinued - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 12:32 am

These are some of the models I had. I sold most of them but kept the elephants, giraffe and gemsbok families....I have posted many of these photos before but in case some havent seen them here are some photos:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Its sad that the Vanishing Wild Collection was discontinued - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 6:50 am

Thanks for posting the melanistic and spotted jags! I like mine very much(As well as the African elephant and male & female gorillas).
As I said before, even though VW holds it's place in Safari figure history, the WW line is a much much much better line!
Back to top Go down
castlerigg

castlerigg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Its sad that the Vanishing Wild Collection was discontinued   Its sad that the Vanishing Wild Collection was discontinued - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 11:35 am

We love these big, solid beasts! They were expensive, and available in family groups for just one year here, only from the World Wildlife Fund catalogue. We managed to afford three families ... Wolves, Snow Leopards and Siberian Tigers. As they are much too big for the Ark, we use them with larger-scale horses. Here are some pics from last Winter -

Sue & Lesley
castlerigg
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Its sad that the Vanishing Wild Collection was discontinued   Its sad that the Vanishing Wild Collection was discontinued - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 12:45 pm

Some more photos that some of you may have already seen but for the purposes of refreshing our memories:

Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Its sad that the Vanishing Wild Collection was discontinued - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 8:00 am

The African elephant looks like a Chap Mei elephant used in one of their Jungle Trek sets!
Back to top Go down
K907

K907

Country/State : Kodiak, Alaska

PostSubject: Re: Its sad that the Vanishing Wild Collection was discontinued   Its sad that the Vanishing Wild Collection was discontinued - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 3:27 am

I asked Safari Ltd on Facebook on why the VW was discontinued, they said it was to expensive to make and sell. To be honest this line was great! WW is great too, I have their polar bear and rhino, which they look amazing. I wish they added rhinos to the VW collection!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Its sad that the Vanishing Wild Collection was discontinued   Its sad that the Vanishing Wild Collection was discontinued - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 2:19 pm

K907 wrote:
I asked Safari Ltd on Facebook on why the VW was discontinued, they said it was to expensive to make and sell. To be honest this line was great! WW is great too, I have their polar bear and rhino, which they look amazing. I wish they added rhinos to the VW collection!

Thanks Kevin for sharing such interesting information with us! So, what makes VW line expensive and WW not?
Back to top Go down
K907

K907

PostSubject: Re: Its sad that the Vanishing Wild Collection was discontinued   Its sad that the Vanishing Wild Collection was discontinued - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 7:12 pm

Roger wrote:
K907 wrote:

Thanks Kevin for sharing such interesting information with us! So, what makes VW line expensive and WW not?

I'm guessing it might be the materials used to make the replicas, it's a lot heavier than the WW (as its lighter).
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Its sad that the Vanishing Wild Collection was discontinued   Its sad that the Vanishing Wild Collection was discontinued - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 10:56 pm

K907 wrote:
Roger wrote:
K907 wrote:

I'm guessing it might be the materials used to make the replicas, it's a lot heavier than the WW (as its lighter).

I never had a VW in my hands but the few WW I know are relatively light for their size!So, you are right, I guess! :)
Back to top Go down
K907

K907

PostSubject: Re: Its sad that the Vanishing Wild Collection was discontinued   Its sad that the Vanishing Wild Collection was discontinued - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 11:41 pm

Hey you guys I managed to score some Vanishing Wild figures through two websites and here's what I acquired:

Polar Bear Male and Female
Grizzly Bear Female
Bengal Tiger
Lion Male and Lioness
Mountain Lion
Zebra Adult and Foal
Timber Wolf Male and Cub
White Wolf Male
Reticulated Giraffe Adult and Calf
Mountain Gorilla Male and Female

They were actually affordable and now they're close to being out of stock. Here are the websites I got it from:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I still a lot more to go! I almost won the Snow Leopard Family but got outbid on the last few seconds! Oh well, I always see those in lots anyways. I'm dying to get my hands on the VW Adult Elephant and Leaping Tiger!
Back to top Go down
Cyprian

Country/State : United States, Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Its sad that the Vanishing Wild Collection was discontinued   Its sad that the Vanishing Wild Collection was discontinued - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 7:50 pm

K907 wrote:

I still a lot more to go! I almost won the Snow Leopard Family but got outbid on the last few seconds! Oh well, I always see those in lots anyways. I'm dying to get my hands on the VW Adult Elephant and Leaping Tiger!

This online store has some too (the only ones you didn't find I believe are the white tigers - but he has both the leaping and the sitting)
Back to top Go down
K907

K907

PostSubject: Re: Its sad that the Vanishing Wild Collection was discontinued   Its sad that the Vanishing Wild Collection was discontinued - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 1:32 am

Cyprian wrote:
K907 wrote:

This online store has some too (the only ones you didn't find I believe are the white tigers - but he has both the leaping and the sitting)

Yup I already know about this place. I remember a few months ago, the regular leaping and sitting tigers were available, still kicking myself, lol.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Its sad that the Vanishing Wild Collection was discontinued   Its sad that the Vanishing Wild Collection was discontinued - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 12:28 am

By accident i found 2 of these great and big figurines, the oryx just shortly ago, and i have the black jaguar for a few years. cheers

PostSubject: Re: Its sad that the Vanishing Wild Collection was discontinued   Its sad that the Vanishing Wild Collection was discontinued - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Its sad that the Vanishing Wild Collection was discontinued
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2