Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Papo 2023 Overview & Comparisons

Go down 
+3
lucky luke
Roger
Joliezac
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

papo - Papo 2023 Overview & Comparisons Empty
PostSubject: Papo 2023 Overview & Comparisons   papo - Papo 2023 Overview & Comparisons EmptyThu Oct 26, 2023 11:49 pm

The last batch of 2023 figures from Papo just arrived today and I'm excited to present them! Now that I have everything I wanted from Papo this year, I decided to do another comparison topic/overview.

I'm once again very happy with Papo's releases this year. I ended up getting more than I originally planned on Laughing I think Papo had the best releases this year but I'm still waiting on Safari before I can make that decision Laughing

So here is the group of 2023 figures that joined my collection!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Cephalopods:

The cephalopods look great in my opinion, although they are not without flaw. The octopus has 2 ciphons (Kikimalou brought this to my attention), and the squid has suckers on the long arms. The nautilus looks great although a bit bigger than I hoped.

Insects:

I never really had any insects in my collection, but after seeing how beautiful Papo's were, I now have almost all of them Laughing These 3 are more amazing additions.

Sealife:

I really love all 3 of these. They all have beautiful details and sculpts. The whale is very small but makes for a good calf. I love the seahorse although again it has 2 fins under the pouch instead of 1. The ray is beautiful too and I'm glad to finally have a good representative of this species.

Land mammals:

Didn't expect to get some farm animals but the pig was nicely sculpted and detailed so I had it join my other pot-bellied pigs. The flying squirrel is really a great figure and I like that it is small.

Reptiles:

Papo has not been impressing me with their latest prehistoric figures, but the kronosaurus was a nice surprise. It is beautifully detailed and in an interesting pose. It even has little barnacles sculpted on it! A+ marine reptile for me. The common lizard I was anxious to see since the stock image looked odd and there wasn't a real photo of it that I could find. I was shocked when I opened it! It is so detailed it actually looks real. It was hard for my camera to pick up the details and zoom in close enough. I will post a walkaround later Very Happy

And now for the birds. I always liked Papo's birds but in these past years they have blown me away. Birds are probably my favorite group to collect and I couldn't be more happy with Papo these past 3 years. So here are all the birds from Papo in 2021-2023!

2021: An amazing lineup, the European robin won figure of the year here on the forum  cheers

2022: Another great group, yet again a Papo bird won.. The great tit!

2023: 4 this year instead of 5 but still a great group nonetheless. The pigeon is probably my favorite. I don't have any outdoor photos of these yet but I hope to get some soon!

The Papo kiwi with Safari's Toob & Good Luck Mini Kiwi and CollectA's

Papo muscovy duck with Papo's mallard and mandarin ducks

Then the Papo nautilus with Schleich's octopus

With the Nature Technicolor dumbo octopus & Safari Toob giant isopod

Papo lizard with the Papo horned lizard & panther chameleon

I'm very happy with Papo this year and I can't wait to see what they will make next year!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Overview & Comparisons   papo - Papo 2023 Overview & Comparisons EmptyFri Oct 27, 2023 12:49 am

Great and useful comparisons, Jolie. Perfect overview of what has been the last years about Papo and birds. I love their birds too and recently I also acquired one of the new ones. Love the ducks comparison, I have the mandarin and I will get the Muscovy. That mallard looks very realistic, I think I've never noticed how good it is.

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Overview & Comparisons   papo - Papo 2023 Overview & Comparisons EmptyFri Oct 27, 2023 6:03 pm

Pretty, happy with your new arrivals; I congratulate you for these splendid and informative comparison photos. Very Happy Applause cheers
nice job congratulations study sunny drunken
Thanks again to Papo for these wonders cheers Applause I love you bounce
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Overview & Comparisons   papo - Papo 2023 Overview & Comparisons EmptyFri Oct 27, 2023 7:18 pm

Wonderful photos and comparisons! Thanks for showing. I find the Papo European birds very tempting, even though they are very different from anything else that I collect.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Overview & Comparisons   papo - Papo 2023 Overview & Comparisons EmptySat Oct 28, 2023 4:02 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
Wonderful photos and comparisons! Thanks for showing. I find the Papo European birds very tempting, even though they are very different from anything else that I collect.

I think you won't find songbirds at your favorite scale so maybe these Papo (little) birds are a good complement for your collection acting like a different one. They're not many, they do not fit into a certain scale but they act as part of a collection. Sorry for not explaining it better. Laughing

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Overview & Comparisons   papo - Papo 2023 Overview & Comparisons EmptySat Oct 28, 2023 6:49 pm

Nice overview Jolie cheers It's great to watch them all together !

I already own two of the 2023 tribe (Condor and Rose chafer).Inknow I will go for the lizard, moth and kiwi. I love you

I'm not a Papo enthusiast for dinos and prehistory stuff but this outdated is still very tempting, a lot of charm and class with an irresistible vintage touch. drunken

I like very much the small octopus (always attached to CollectA one), could you tell me if it has one or two funnels ?
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Overview & Comparisons   papo - Papo 2023 Overview & Comparisons EmptySat Oct 28, 2023 11:39 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Nice overview Jolie cheers It's great to watch them all together !

I already own two of the 2023 tribe (Condor and Rose chafer).Inknow I will go for the lizard, moth and kiwi. I love you

I'm not a Papo enthusiast for dinos and prehistory stuff but this outdated is still very tempting, a lot of charm and class with an irresistible vintage touch. drunken

I like very much the small octopus (always attached to CollectA one), could you tell me if it has one or two funnels ?

Thanks! The octopus has 2 ciphons unfortunately

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Overview & Comparisons   papo - Papo 2023 Overview & Comparisons EmptySun Oct 29, 2023 11:06 am

Too bad Sad
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Overview & Comparisons   papo - Papo 2023 Overview & Comparisons EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 7:55 pm

Phantastic figures of interesting species :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Seeway

Seeway

Country/State : Taiwan

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Overview & Comparisons   papo - Papo 2023 Overview & Comparisons EmptyTue Oct 31, 2023 5:32 am

Thank you very much for making these good lighting and good set-up photos.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Overview & Comparisons   papo - Papo 2023 Overview & Comparisons Empty

Back to top Go down

Papo 2023 Overview & Comparisons
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Papo-
Jump to: