Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures

Go down 
+29
Shanti
spacelab
aschuck
Taos
NightLioness
George
MartinH
widukind
endogenylove
lucky luke
Bloodrayne
spielgerg
Caracal
Katy Leven
jarda
Duck-Anch-Amun
Stripedhyena
Kikimalou
VASILIS
WhiteLightning Wolf
Megaptera
Tupolew Tu-154
Joliezac
MansoBoricua
Roger
molla.nasreddin
Saarlooswolfhound
bmathison1972
Froggie
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

papo - Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   papo - Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 2:21 pm

widukind wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:
My choices are set this year, I think:

1. spectacled caiman [replaces Kaiyodo figure]
2. porcupine [will use as an African crested porcupine]
3. scarlet ibis
4. common marmoset [replaces Safari TOOB figure]
5. Guinea fowl
6. White-faced capuchin [replaces NECA figure]

this is the first year in a while I will be getting less than 10 Papo figures, but that's OK. I would like a quieter year from time to time

And i bought for the whie-faced capuchin the NECA figure now. Are you sure with the marmoset?

I´m no monkey expert, but perhaps you can use the Papo white-faced capuchin as other species? I don´t know where the differences are, but there exist Colombian white-faced capuchin (Cebus capucinus) and Panamanian white-faced capuchin (Cebus imitator), so two species that are called white-faced capuchin. Perhaps the two models have differences/similarities, but as I said, I don´t know if there are really differences on the look of both monkeys.

For the marmoset, the common marmoset (Callithrix jacchus) would be my best guess, too.

For the porcupine, the African crested porcupine (Hystrix cristata) would be a nice fit for me, too. On TAW, the Schleich model is referred as Cape porcupine (Hystrix africaeaustralis) (I guess by popular opinion of the forum members?). Having a brown tone, the Schleich model could be one of the asian species (that are in the pictures on wiki more brown than the african animals), too.
Back to top Go down
molla.nasreddin

molla.nasreddin

Country/State : Iran

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   papo - Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 3:35 pm

Hi friends,
Is there any websites for buying Papo figurines on sales in black friday?
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   papo - Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 3:44 pm

Duck-Anch-Amun wrote:
widukind wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:

3. scarlet ibis
5. Guinea fowl

this is the first year in a while I will be getting less than 10 Papo figures, but that's OK. I would like a quieter year from time to time

And i bought for the whie-faced capuchin the NECA figure now. Are you sure with the marmoset?

I´m no monkey expert, but perhaps you can use the Papo white-faced capuchin as other species? I don´t know where the differences are, but there exist Colombian white-faced capuchin (Cebus capucinus) and Panamanian white-faced capuchin (Cebus imitator), so two species that are called white-faced capuchin. Perhaps the two models have differences/similarities, but as I said, I don´t know if there are really differences on the look of both monkeys.

For the marmoset, the common marmoset (Callithrix jacchus) would be my best guess, too.

For the porcupine, the African crested porcupine (Hystrix cristata) would be a nice fit for me, too. On TAW, the Schleich model is referred as Cape porcupine (Hystrix africaeaustralis) (I guess by popular opinion of the forum members?). Having a brown tone, the Schleich model could be one of the asian species (that are in the pictures on wiki more brown than the african animals), too.

I thought about using the capuchin as a different species, but honestly I wanted to replace the NECA figure anyway since it's an 'action figure accessory' :-)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   papo - Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 6:30 pm

Duck-Anch-Amun wrote:
widukind wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:

3. scarlet ibis
5. Guinea fowl

From Schroepel "Bildatlas der Primaten"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   papo - Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 7:52 pm

I'm really amazed. I will get the Ibis (replacing the Safari one), White Peacock, Florida tortoise, Anthony's Poison Dart Frog, Mountain goat, Capuchin, Guinea fowl, Eagle owl and the Caiman.
Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   papo - Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 22, 2023 1:49 pm

Megaptera wrote:
I'm really amazed. I will get the Ibis (replacing the Safari one), White Peacock, Florida tortoise, Anthony's Poison Dart Frog, Mountain goat, Capuchin, Guinea fowl, Eagle owl and the Caiman.

Another interesting choice for the frog. Christophe has guessed a phantasmal poison frog (Epipedobates tricolor), but it could be Anthony's Poison Dart Frog (Epipedobates anthonyi), too. The last one would be a new species for me.
So we have to wait to see the final model and if we can distinguish between the 2 species.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   papo - Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 22, 2023 3:52 pm

Duck-Anch-Amun wrote:
Megaptera wrote:

Another interesting choice for the frog. Christophe has guessed a phantasmal poison frog (Epipedobates tricolor), but it could be Anthony's Poison Dart Frog (Epipedobates anthonyi), too. The last one would be a new species for me.
So we have to wait to see the final model and if we can distinguish between the 2 species.

The translation comes to tricolor poison dart frog, which implies the phantasmal poison frog.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   papo - Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 22, 2023 5:46 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
Duck-Anch-Amun wrote:
Megaptera wrote:

The translation comes to tricolor poison dart frog, which implies the phantasmal poison frog.

Exactly Blaine. Very Happy I would be happy to add an Anthony's Poison Dart Frog, "unfortunately" Epipedobates anthonyi are called dendrobates (grenouille flêche) d'Anthony in french and Phantasmal poison frog (Epipedobates tricolor) are called dendrobates (grenouille flêche) tricolore.
Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   papo - Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 27, 2023 2:03 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:
Duck-Anch-Amun wrote:
Megaptera wrote:

Exactly Blaine. Very Happy  I would be happy to add an Anthony's Poison Dart Frog, "unfortunately" Epipedobates anthonyi are called dendrobates (grenouille flêche) d'Anthony in french and Phantasmal poison frog (Epipedobates tricolor) are called dendrobates (grenouille flêche) tricolore.

Ok thanks for the explanation. Even that I can speak french fluently, I didn´t care about the translation as I was happy to get maybe a species that isn´t in my collection yet Razz
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

PostSubject: Papo bear mutant info   papo - Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 30, 2023 3:27 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Hey guys, I was just wondering, does the Papo bear mutant have basically a man's body, and a bear's head? If so, then this one is on my list. Also, what does the alpha dragon look like?

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
Dutch Bear

Dutch Bear

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   papo - Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 30, 2023 12:30 pm

Quote :

Finaly a mutant bear for 2024. I have been hoping for one ever since this mutant series first came out.
I do like the pose and clouring and will gladly welcome him amongst the ranks of my Bear Army.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   papo - Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 30, 2023 2:26 pm

aschuck wrote:
Dear Sts Friends:

Hey guys, I was just wondering, does the Papo bear mutant have basically a man's body, and a bear's head? If so, then this one is on my list. Also, what does the alpha dragon look like?

Aschuck

It's more like a standing bear holding a warhammer in one hand and a dagger in the other. If you liked the other Papo mutants, you won't be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Dutch Bear

Dutch Bear

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   papo - Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 30, 2023 3:12 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
aschuck wrote:
Dear Sts Friends:

Aschuck

It's more like a standing bear holding a warhammer in one hand and a dagger in the other. If you liked the other Papo mutants, you won't be disappointed.

Indeed the other mutants have more humanlike hands/arms/legs and musculature.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

Country/State : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   papo - Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 30, 2023 5:11 pm

Lion looks great, as does Zorro, white peacock and...black muskox? I'd probably also get the Canadian goat and clouded leopard too of course. :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   papo - Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 30, 2023 10:40 pm

Dutch Bear wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
aschuck wrote:
Dear Sts Friends:

Aschuck

Indeed the other mutants have more humanlike hands/arms/legs and musculature.

Basically, these figures are warrior humans with characteristics of an animal. They all assume a human posture, although in the case of a bear, it seems natural since bears also stand upright on their hind legs. I think the concept is somewhat reminiscent of the Minotaur idea, but instead of a bull, it's another animal. Anna is familiar with Minotaurs. they are like humans with bull characteristics.
I have the crocodile from this series; it has a crocodile head, a crocodile tail, but the limbs, have human proportions but with crocodile features like claws or scales. They also wear war attire and various types of weapons.

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   papo - Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 2:25 am

I haven't found any good quality official photos yet for Papo but I took screenshots of the online catalogue and edited them. I thought I'd share the photos here if anyone is interested. Let me know if you would like others.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   papo - Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 9:57 am

No doubt 2024 will be a PAPO year for me I love you
Back to top Go down
Dutch Bear

Dutch Bear

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   papo - Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 10:03 am

It is not my field of expertise but I do like the musk ox

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   papo - Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 10:30 am

Kikimalou wrote:
No doubt 2024 will be a PAPO year for me I love you

The same for me! Thank you for sharing Jolie! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   papo - Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 10:39 am

It is wonderful when we have good problems. I want at least 14 of them and 8 are mandatory and I'm not considering the turkey or the snowy owl.

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   papo - Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 11:05 am

The terrapin is amazing, such a realistic and detailed model! The only one I'll be buying though, is the peacock (to repaint as a black-shouldered blue one)

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   papo - Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 11:53 am

Roger wrote:
It is wonderful when we have good problems. I want at least 14 of them and 8 are mandatory and I'm not considering the turkey or the snowy owl.

14 for me too 🤗
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   papo - Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 2:15 pm

Normally I get 10+ Papo figures as of late, but in 2024, only 6, and 3 will be replacements:

3. scarlet ibis
5. Guinea fowl
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   papo - Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 3:05 pm

I’m most likely getting 16 or 17 of them Shocked

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   papo - Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 3:06 pm

OK, I will share my list too! ; ranked by priority although it is variable. Laughing

Mandatory models:
1. Scarlet Ibis, looks beautiful and I've always wanted one;
2. Helmeted Guinea Fowl, my most wanted fowl and again it looks perfect;
3. Capuchin, new species and who can resist to monkeys?;
4. Marmoset, the same as previous;
5. Spectacled Caiman, new species and looks great;
6. Porcupine, I have no idea the species but I always want porcupines;
7. Clouded Leopard, it doesn't look better than Safari's but the figure is really beautiful;
8. White Peacock, Irresistible one and if it was standard colored, I'd want it too.

To decide:
9. Papo Eagle owl, to replace my old Schleich and it seems better than Safari's which was in my plans;
10. Iguana, I don't have a satisfying one and maybe the size is nicer than the spectacular CollectA's;
11. Rocky Mountain Goat, I don't need one but it is easy to say;
12. Muskox, looks really great, the same as before;
13. Red-eared slider, New species for me and it looks really good;
14. Phantasmal poison dart frog, I have the Yowies but this one is so beautiful!;

About those to decide, the chances that I get the eagle owl are much higher than the frog so, let's see how many I can afford. My luck is that not many from other brands are in my wish list.

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   papo - Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next