Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gender of CollectA bowmouth guitarfish and tiger shark

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Spoonbill

Country/State : France

Gender of CollectA bowmouth guitarfish and tiger shark Empty
PostSubject: Gender of CollectA bowmouth guitarfish and tiger shark   Gender of CollectA bowmouth guitarfish and tiger shark EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 7:39 pm

Hi,

Could anyone owning these models verify the gender of the CollectA bowmouth guitarfish and tiger shark by checking the claspers please ?

Thanks !
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Gender of CollectA bowmouth guitarfish and tiger shark   Gender of CollectA bowmouth guitarfish and tiger shark EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 7:50 pm

Animals don't have genders, they have sexes. Genders are artificial human constructs used for societal classifications.
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Gender of CollectA bowmouth guitarfish and tiger shark   Gender of CollectA bowmouth guitarfish and tiger shark EmptyWed Nov 22, 2023 7:02 am

If they have claspers, then male. Otherwise female. ^^

PostSubject: Re: Gender of CollectA bowmouth guitarfish and tiger shark   Gender of CollectA bowmouth guitarfish and tiger shark EmptyWed Nov 22, 2023 11:57 am

I agree with both of you.

Could you, please, now answer the question ?
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Gender of CollectA bowmouth guitarfish and tiger shark   Gender of CollectA bowmouth guitarfish and tiger shark EmptyWed Nov 22, 2023 3:00 pm

Looks like the tiger shark is male, bowmouth guitarfish is female. Hope this helps!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Spoonbill

PostSubject: Re: Gender of CollectA bowmouth guitarfish and tiger shark   Gender of CollectA bowmouth guitarfish and tiger shark EmptyWed Nov 22, 2023 3:40 pm

Thank you Jolie !
Back to top Go down
Spoonbill

PostSubject: Re: Gender of CollectA bowmouth guitarfish and tiger shark   Gender of CollectA bowmouth guitarfish and tiger shark EmptyWed Nov 22, 2023 6:33 pm

Tell me Jolie, would you be able to provide more comparison pics of this guitarfish with Papo, Schleich or Safari sharks ?
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Gender of CollectA bowmouth guitarfish and tiger shark   Gender of CollectA bowmouth guitarfish and tiger shark EmptyWed Nov 22, 2023 7:06 pm

Spoonbill wrote:
Tell me Jolie, would you be able to provide more comparison pics of this guitarfish with Papo, Schleich or Safari sharks ?

Of course Very Happy Do you have any specific ones in mind? I have all of Safari's sharks and *most* of Papo & Schleich's

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Spoonbill

PostSubject: Re: Gender of CollectA bowmouth guitarfish and tiger shark   Gender of CollectA bowmouth guitarfish and tiger shark EmptyWed Nov 22, 2023 7:12 pm

Joliezac wrote:
Spoonbill wrote:

Of course Very Happy Do you have any specific ones in mind? I have all of Safari's sharks and *most* of Papo & Schleich's

Maybe a Schleich white shark and a Safari, I don't know... megamouth or nurse shark ? For Papo, maybe bull or blacktip ?

Do you also have the new angelshark ? If so, I would like to see it next to the guitarfish please.
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Gender of CollectA bowmouth guitarfish and tiger shark   Gender of CollectA bowmouth guitarfish and tiger shark EmptyWed Nov 22, 2023 7:15 pm

Spoonbill wrote:
Joliezac wrote:
Spoonbill wrote:

Maybe a Schleich white shark and a Safari, I don't know... megamouth or nurse shark ? For Papo, maybe bull or blacktip ?

Do you also have the new angelshark ? If so, I would like to see it next to the guitarfish please.

Sure thing, I have all those

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Gender of CollectA bowmouth guitarfish and tiger shark   Gender of CollectA bowmouth guitarfish and tiger shark EmptyWed Nov 22, 2023 8:57 pm

Here you go [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Spoonbill

PostSubject: Re: Gender of CollectA bowmouth guitarfish and tiger shark   Gender of CollectA bowmouth guitarfish and tiger shark EmptyThu Nov 23, 2023 12:15 am

Ok, thanks ! It's really too huge for me !
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Gender of CollectA bowmouth guitarfish and tiger shark   Gender of CollectA bowmouth guitarfish and tiger shark EmptyThu Nov 23, 2023 3:23 am

Spoonbill wrote:

You're welcome! I love the detail on CollectA's, but yes it is big. Schleich's is almost half the size.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Spoonbill

PostSubject: Re: Gender of CollectA bowmouth guitarfish and tiger shark   Gender of CollectA bowmouth guitarfish and tiger shark EmptyThu Nov 23, 2023 11:44 pm

Joliezac wrote:
Spoonbill wrote:

You're welcome! I love the detail on CollectA's, but yes it is big. Schleich's is almost half the size.

Schleich is too small unfortunately and Safari is a juvenile...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gender of CollectA bowmouth guitarfish and tiger shark   Gender of CollectA bowmouth guitarfish and tiger shark Empty

Back to top Go down

Gender of CollectA bowmouth guitarfish and tiger shark
Page 1 of 1