Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Full size Indian diorama

Go down 
+6
Wildheart
Kikimalou
Rio
aandmkw
HKHollinstone
Philter4
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Full size Indian diorama - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Full size Indian diorama   Full size Indian diorama - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 10:24 pm

Great Phil Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Full size Indian diorama   Full size Indian diorama - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 1:04 pm

I added some more plants, and took a couple of pics of the new additions. I doubled the canary reeds, made some horsetail reeds from clay and added some more grass. Here are the pics, hope you like them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Full size Indian diorama   Full size Indian diorama - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 1:20 pm

The more plants, the better ! Very Happy

This horsetails are a really good idea, I think you need more. What are the plants just behind them ?

The japanese bamboos look great all together.
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

PostSubject: Re: Full size Indian diorama   Full size Indian diorama - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 1:40 pm

[ quote = " Kikimalou "] The more plants, the better! : D

This horsetails are a really good idea, I think you need more. What are the plants just behind them?

The japanese bamboos look great all together. [ / quote ]

I don't know the name, but they are a tropical ground cover. The kit had them in it, so I put them on the dio, I'm not sure I like them there, on the mini dio they were actually in the water as a shoreline plant. I didn't take a picture yet, I'll get one today and post it, but now there is a big group of canary reeds between the small plants and the river bank so it looks a little better to me.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Full size Indian diorama   Full size Indian diorama - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:54 pm

Looks really nice Phil.
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: Full size Indian diorama   Full size Indian diorama - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 4:40 pm

It looks awesome Phil. Can't wait to see it with animals on it.
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

PostSubject: Re: Full size Indian diorama   Full size Indian diorama - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 4:47 pm

I took a few more pictures today, and I tried an experiment-my first home made vines. In the dio pictures I have almost finished the grass, I need some filler grass, and to remove any strieght lines, things like that. I have also put all of the dirt down, which doesn't prohibit anything, the dirt is glued to the green mat and I can glue anything I want onto it. I also need to start the tropical part of the dio, I have the banyon tree for the back corner, and a strangler fig that will be here next month, I am still looking for several medium sized plants and bushes, but Danny is looking for some he has and I have a blue clock vine being made for the raised river bank. Just wait for next month, I met a lady who does scale gardens in clay and asked her if she ever did tropical plants. Fortunatly for me she does, and she is making me two plants, the common or red water lotus and the blue clock vine. I can't wait to show pictures of them as I have seen her water lilies and lotus plants in a 1:12 water garden diorama that she did. For me she is doing 1:22 so it will fit in my diorama.

Well, here are the dio pictures, the last photo is the vine just attached to a tree I sculpted but haven't added any foliage, but it should give you the idea of what it will look like once I put it on the dio, probably on or near the river bank.

Here is a close up of the additional canary reeds in the spot I chose

And finally the vine
Back to top Go down
aandmkw

aandmkw

PostSubject: Re: Full size Indian diorama   Full size Indian diorama - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 5:00 pm

Looks great Phil. The reeds look awesome and so does the vine. The third picture, the close up around the water, looks amazing. It is really coming together fast.
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: Full size Indian diorama   Full size Indian diorama - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:59 pm

Yes,the last 2 pictures jumped into my eyes imedeatly!Awesome river banks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
Philter4

Philter4

PostSubject: Re: Full size Indian diorama   Full size Indian diorama - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 12:11 am

I put the vine on the banyon tree, This is probably where it will go permanently, but I don't have to glue it, I just wrap it around the loose hanging roots and branches so I can move it without damaging the banyon, which is one of my favorite trees in the collection.

Here is the photo of the new vine
Back to top Go down
Yurumi

Yurumi

Country/State : Leipzig, GERMANY

PostSubject: Re: Full size Indian diorama   Full size Indian diorama - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 12:33 am

Will already look very good, Phil, keep it up! cheers :)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Full size Indian diorama   Full size Indian diorama - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 7:50 am

Philter4 wrote:
I put the vine on the banyon tree, This is probably where it will go permanently, but I don't have to glue it, I just wrap it around the loose hanging roots and branches so I can move it without damaging the banyon, which is one of my favorite trees in the collection.

Here is the photo of the new vine

Very good Phil, what an ornament for a so wonderful tree ! And it is a good thing you don't need glue. I understand you don't want to damage the Banyan if one day you change your mind.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Full size Indian diorama   Full size Indian diorama - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 8:27 am

Wow Phil, it looks beautiful. I love the ferns under the Banyon tree and the vine looks really good.
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

PostSubject: Re: Full size Indian diorama   Full size Indian diorama - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 9:22 pm

Here is the final picture of the vine, I have added a lot more foliage, thinned the root system and spread it out into the tree. This was harder then it sounds as the branches are not glued so everytime I thougt is was perfect I would let go and some parts would stick up and out and it wasn't pretty. I got it where I want it, I think, but even if I am not happy I can remove it or change the position without any trouble.

Here is the photo as it will stand on the diorama, for now I like it, but I have to get it on the dio and take some pictures to look at closer.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Full size Indian diorama   Full size Indian diorama - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 9:14 am

It is better with more leaves Phil ! Can't wait to see the banyan and vine on the dio.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Full size Indian diorama   Full size Indian diorama - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 11:05 am

It looks fabulous!
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

PostSubject: Re: Full size Indian diorama   Full size Indian diorama - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 4:34 pm

It looks very nice!Ana can create a small galago to fit on them!Or a tree snake!
Will you add an Indian rhino,too?I love those elusive animals!

I have one more quetion,Phil.The diorama is part of a plain(forest edge) or a woodland.Will you add more trees?The banian looks like it is 100 years old,and it should be surrounded by at least some other taller bushes or plants(fox-tail palms,orcid trees,etc).
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

PostSubject: Re: Full size Indian diorama   Full size Indian diorama - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 5:03 pm

[ quote = "Wild Heart "] It looks very nice! Ana can create a small galago to fit on them! Or a tree snake!
Will you add an Indian rhino , too I love those elusive animals!

I have one more quetion , Phil.The diorama is part of a plain ( forest edge) or a woodland.Will you add more trees? The banian looks like it is 100 years old, and it should be surrounded by at least some other taller plants or bushes (fox -tail palms , orcid trees, etc ). [ / quote ]

Wild Heart, I will have several species of birds in the trees and near the water, the only reptile I have planned for sure is a pr of gharial one, in the water with just the top of the head visible, the other basking on the rocks. I have some bank Indain rhino , and I plan to have them on the audio, but the final display depends on several things including how they look when I take the photos.

As far as more plants , I have not started the tropical part of the dio . The scrub , which is where the Indian spotted deer herd will be feeding, will have some ground plants in the grass , and the river edge will also have several types of palms and banana plants growing on the banks along with the reeds and bushes , but One thing to remember is the African dio has taken more then 18 months to get to the point it is now, and this diorama is 1/3rd bigger. I think it will be at least 18 months to finish and I have only been working on it for 3 months now. I have a lot of work to do before it is ready to be called done, and the last things to go up will be the tropical plants and flowers that will be in the tropical section. I have the Banyon here , and I have a strangler fig that is big that will be here in August, but those are the only two trees I have so far for the tropical forest. I, am looking for a species of tree that is big enough for the colony of painted storks with their nests . As of now I am thinking of eight adults on the tree , but that may change as the diorama gets more crowded or space dictates the tree I am looking for must be smaller.

Last edited by Philter4 on Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add info)
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

PostSubject: Re: Full size Indian diorama   Full size Indian diorama - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 5:44 pm

Do not missunderstand me!The whole arrangement is great!
I just wanted to create an image of the project!

A tiger stalking the deer...
Back to top Go down
aandmkw

aandmkw

PostSubject: Re: Full size Indian diorama   Full size Indian diorama - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 4:41 am

The tree and vine look awesome Phil.
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Subject: Re: Full size Indian diorama    Full size Indian diorama - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 12:11 pm

Phil congratulations for your work, awesome making your diorama with the various steps quite wonderful realism with the addition of your remarkable animals. Thank cheers bounce Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

PostSubject: Re: Full size Indian diorama   Full size Indian diorama - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 10:28 pm

I have been busy, not only did I make some vines there is a ground flower from India that I tried to make, I can't remember it's name, but it is now a common garden ground cover here in the USA. Here are the photos, I am going to make about twice as many as there are on the second picture, the whole area under the bananas will be filled to the grass with a big group of them. They are not easy to make, I make them from scratch, cutting and gluing the shapes of the flower, then adding the foliage and gluing the flowers to the plant. It took me about 2 hours to do the 30 flowers that are on the dio now, but toward the end I was much quicker and I have cut a lot of petals that I can use to make the next set which will save a lot of time.

The first photo is a single group on my shop desk, the second is the 3 groups on the diorama.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Full size Indian diorama   Full size Indian diorama - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 10:39 pm

Beautiful flowers Phil, and I like to see a lot of plants together as you know. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Full size Indian diorama   Full size Indian diorama - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 9:12 am

They're beautiful Phil!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

PostSubject: Re: Full size Indian diorama   Full size Indian diorama - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 9:32 am

We have many of those flowers living in Bucharest(either on flower beds or balconies).
They're name is ''panseluţă''.There is also a wild species I have met in the forest,which is a lot smaller.
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Full size Indian diorama   Full size Indian diorama - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Full size Indian diorama
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next