Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2023 Safari Axolotl Walkaround With Comparisons

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

2023 Safari Axolotl Walkaround With Comparisons Empty
PostSubject: 2023 Safari Axolotl Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari Axolotl Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:41 am

I took advantage of Safari's holiday sale and the new rattlesnake & axolotl just came into stock!

So here is a walkaround of the axolotl

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I've been waiting for Safari to make an Incredible Creatures axolotl for some time. So happy to see one finally! They seem to be very popular in recent years  Laughing I really like the paint application and they did a great job with the translucent tail. Unfortunately I think the face suffers. It looked odd to me so I looked at a reference and to me the nostrils look too dark and the eyes too close together. Probably why the face looks a bit odd to me. I also wish the gills were a bit longer but that can be hard to replicate I suppose  Laughing Overall I do like this model though  I love you

With a Safari amphibian & reptiles, fire salamander, tuatara, & leopard gecko

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
molla.nasreddin

molla.nasreddin

Country/State : Iran

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Safari Axolotl Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari Axolotl Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 6:07 am

I think The fire salamander of safari has been retired. Is it true?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Safari Axolotl Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari Axolotl Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 9:23 am

An Axolotl would always be a mandatory figure to this series. Itt fits perfectly the concept and I'm glad Safari decided finally to introduce it. I also love the translucent tail and I agree with your observations about the face. Sometimes designers want to give a more conventional look to animal faces and it does not always work. However, it does not ruin the figure, it is a very nice model.

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Safari Axolotl Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari Axolotl Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 1:56 pm

molla.nasreddin wrote:
I think The fire salamander of safari has been retired. Is it true?

Yes it’s been retired for awhile. It’s part of their Tennessee Aquarium Salamanders set.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Safari Axolotl Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari Axolotl Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 7:08 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Safari Axolotl Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari Axolotl Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 9:04 pm

A very nice model despite the minor flaw you noticed Very Happy

I own the Nature technicolor one which is excellent too but the Safari Ltd scale seems around 1/1 so I have to find a big place for it drunken when modelpferdversand will sell the last Safari Ltd 2023 models bounce
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Safari Axolotl Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari Axolotl Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyTue Dec 19, 2023 10:09 am

Kikimalou wrote:
A very nice model despite the minor flaw you noticed Very Happy

I own the Nature technicolor one which is excellent too but the Safari Ltd scale seems around 1/1 so I have to find a big place for it drunken when modelpferdversand will sell the last Safari Ltd 2023 models bounce

Safari is marketing it at 1:1.2 scale so, it is technically a lifesized replica. :)

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Safari Axolotl Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari Axolotl Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyTue Dec 19, 2023 4:10 pm

Well, I will wait to measure it Wink Maybe Safari Ltd is right but I need to verify Laughing
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Safari Axolotl Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari Axolotl Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyTue Dec 19, 2023 4:12 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Well, I will wait to measure it Wink Maybe Safari Ltd is right but I need to verify Laughing

The axolotl is 18.5 cm long from tail to snout. Based on axolotls I’ve seen in aquariums the Safari one seems to be a perfect replica size wise.

Sorry I keep forgetting to post sizes in my walkarounds Embarassed

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Safari Axolotl Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari Axolotl Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyTue Dec 19, 2023 6:07 pm

Indeed it is really1/1.2 so it can be lifesize for a small animal😊

Thank you Jolie 🤗
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Safari Axolotl Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari Axolotl Walkaround With Comparisons Empty

Back to top Go down

2023 Safari Axolotl Walkaround With Comparisons
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Safari Ltd. :: Safari Ltd walkarounds and reviews-
Jump to: