Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Painted in 2023

Go down 
+2
Roger
George
6 posters
AuthorMessage
George

George

Country/State : England

Painted in 2023 Empty
PostSubject: Painted in 2023   Painted in 2023 EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 11:53 am

Another year gone by, and it's time for my annual recap of all the custom horses I've painted...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

28 this year, a much lower total but I'm still pleased - there were a couple of long pauses where I didn't paint any at all, so I'm just happy that I didn't stop entirely, and picked up the paintbrushes again after the months when nothing happened Laughing

There's also two or three scattered through here which haven't actually been introduced and explained on the forum yet, but I'll get round to writing about them and sharing bigger pictures in my Tales From The Body Box customs thread at some point Wink

24 solid colours, one spotted, and just three pintos this year, I'm finally getting out of the habit of wanting to paint every pony patchy Laughing

None are colours I'd never painted before, though quite a few are different variations or shades, or experimental paint application techniques, which make them still slightly different to my previous interpretations of coat colours. There's a fleabitten grey speckled with pencils rather than just paint, a couple of metallic chestnuts, and one where the customising project included a whole new hairstyle and show tack too.

And, like last year, I've managed to add quite a few 'firsts' to the list of breeds I've painted : Sorraia, Welsh Sec C, French Trotter, Kerry Bog Pony, Kabardin, Don, Chincoteague, Sandalwood, Muraközi, and Gelderlander.

Unfortunately, not all of them have names yet, but really I wanted to post my recap on the final day of the year, and will fill in all those blank spaces later as I think of them! Laughing

Last edited by George on Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://harecrofthorses.blogspot.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Painted in 2023 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painted in 2023   Painted in 2023 EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 1:07 pm

28 is a very good number, especially considering how perfectly you paint each piece. Interesting, I know a collector of dogs who loves to paint his spare models, I'd say 80% of them are pinto like colors. Laughing There's a kind of pinto fever among talented people. Have a great 2024! cheers

sunny

Country/State : uk

Painted in 2023 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painted in 2023   Painted in 2023 EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 3:17 pm

well done George! great to see all your efforts in one picture - I expect there are many many hours invested in there Very Happy

That's very funny about pinto coloured dogs Roger! I must say I do love the pinto / paint pony pattern myself Wink
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

Painted in 2023 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painted in 2023   Painted in 2023 EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 10:25 pm

I've no idea how long it would all add up to, usually about half an hour per custom, but longer for the fiddly colours Laughing

Happy new year for 2024!

Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

Painted in 2023 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painted in 2023   Painted in 2023 EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 11:05 pm

28 is a really incredible number, I think, even though I know you have done more in past years! Each one is so meticulous. I'm glad you didn't set down the brush for too long. :)

I love little Snap Dragon and Greenbriar, and I am still blown away from all the work on the Stone model. I think it's great that you give the same level of attention to "ordinary" chestnuts and bays and what not as to flashier colors, and your dedication to accurate breed representation makes your customs just as educational as they are lovely to look at.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

Painted in 2023 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painted in 2023   Painted in 2023 EmptyTue Jan 02, 2024 10:02 am

Wonderful to see all the colour variations. Horses colours provide a great opportunity for artists. It requires a lot of practice and talent to paint horses so perfectly in only half an hour. Did your first horses take longer?

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

Painted in 2023 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painted in 2023   Painted in 2023 EmptyTue Jan 02, 2024 1:30 pm

Wonderful selection of beautiful repaints cheers cheers

Painted in 2023 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painted in 2023   Painted in 2023 Empty

Back to top Go down

Painted in 2023
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Customs and Homemade models :: Custom figures and accessories-
Jump to: