Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Very Happy Make your suggestion for the SUY of November : CLICK HERE Very Happy

Share | 

The PlayVisions animals in my zoo

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo    Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:34 pm

congrats Andreas. I think I know where this treasure came from. Laughing cheers

Lance - Safari ltd wildlife collector  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:16 pm

Always so exiting to see what new PVs you got, Andreas Very Happy

And such a little gem, - CONGRATULATIONS cheers

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:18 pm

Many thanks friends :)

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Fri May 22, 2015 6:53 pm

my new cape buffalo

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Fri May 22, 2015 6:55 pm

congrats my friend! I'm glad he found a nice new home. Very Happy

Lance - Safari ltd wildlife collector  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:19 am

my new strange cogwheel turtle

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:00 pm

the long wished lemurs

Country/State : Michigan, USA

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:08 pm

Very nice, Andreas! Congrats again!

Country/State : Potsdam, Germany

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:02 pm

Oh my god!!!! I'd kill for that potto affraid

big big congrats
Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:06 pm

Many many thanks Laura and Beatrice :)

Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:36 am

Fantastic Andreas! Keep your lemurs next to you once I'll need some info about them. Laughing

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:56 am

beautiful set. congrats andreas Applause Applause

very hard to get its.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:24 am

Many thanks Roger and Fernando, qnd no problem Roger :)

Country/State : USA/Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:00 pm

How did you acquire the lemurs Andreas? Good job!
Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:41 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
How did you acquire the lemurs Andreas? Good job!

Thank you, Julie from the Netherlands found these figurines in a shop :)

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:16 pm

You have much more Playvisions than I do! All I have is four pieces!
Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:34 pm

You have much more Playvisions than I do! All I have is four pieces!

Thanks, a brand with so very unusual species is very very interesting for me. And so i searched and searched and now i have the most figurines that i wanted :)

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:40 pm

My Newcomer:

I see you have the Bowhead Whale: that is the most important piece Playvisions ever made. It is absolutely necessary to own in any Playvisions collection.king queen
Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:18 am

My Newcomer:

I see you have the Bowhead Whale: that is the most important piece Playvisions ever made. It is absolutely necessary to own in any Playvisions collection.king  queen

Thank you. It was my most wanted whale figurine in this time because it was the only bowhead :)

Admin

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:29 pm

I see you have the Bowhead Whale: that is the most important piece Playvisions ever made. It is absolutely necessary to own in any Playvisions collection.king  queen

Thank you. It was my most wanted whale figurine in this time because it was the only bowhead :)

An interesting phenomenon in toy industry is the way balleen whales were negleted by vintage manufacturers. For old toy industry,talking about whales was synonym of sperm whale, maybe Moby Dick or Pinnochio whale (Moby Dick inspired) influenced it, interestingly sperm whales are not baleen whales.
In a quick exercise, I tried to check which brands made the first whales, obviously it is not a perfect approach but give us a good idea how recent are baleens in toy culture:
1973 blue whale by Invicta
1992 Humpback whale by Safari Ltd
1992 Grey whale by Safari Ltd
1996 Bowhead whale by Play Visions
1998 Right whale by Maia & Borges
1998 Common minke whale by Maia & Borges
2012 Finback whale by Bullyland

Surely there are older representatives of these species but those are the ones I've found pictured on TAI. Unfortunately AAA figures chronology is not known. Concluding, bowhead whale from Play Visions seems to be the earliest release of this species. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:22 am

An interesting phenomenon in toy industry is the way balleen whales were negleted by vintage manufacturers. For old toy industry,talking about whales was synonym of sperm whale, maybe Moby Dick or Pinnochio whale (Moby Dick inspired) influenced it, interestingly sperm whales are not baleen whales.
In a quick exercise, I tried to check which brands made the first whales, obviously it is not a perfect approach but give us a good idea how recent are baleens in toy culture:

Surely there are older representatives of these species but those are the ones I've found pictured on TAI. Unfortunately AAA figures chronology is not known. Concluding, bowhead whale from Play Visions seems to be the earliest release of this species. Very Happy

I bought my AAA Right Whale (which is actually a hybrid between Black Right Whale and Bowhead Whale) back in 1993. So, it gives us the clue that AAA made their whales before that year.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:03 pm

I bought my AAA Right Whale (which is actually a hybrid between Black Right Whale and Bowhead Whale) back in 1993. So, it gives us the clue that AAA made their whales before that year.

That is very interesting! still Lot to know about AA. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:42 am

And as you already know, I bought my Larami whales back in winter 1997. This set included a few baleen whales, like Blue Whale, Fin Whale, Bowhead Whale, Black Right Whale, Humpback Whale and Grey Whale. This puts them between the 1996 Playvisions whales and the 1998 Maia and Borges whales.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:58 pm

And as you already know, I bought my Larami whales back in winter 1997. This set included a few baleen whales, like Blue Whale, Fin Whale, Bowhead Whale, Black Right Whale, Humpback Whale and Grey Whale. This puts them between the 1996 Playvisions whales and the 1998 Maia and Borges whales.
Yes, that's correct, my list was not an intensive study, I just checked species pages on Toy Animal Wiki and listed the older figures of each species I could find
pictured. Though, it confirms the last years of XX century as a period where a boom of species occurred in this hobby.
We already have Larami sharks pictured on TAI thanks to Andreas but not yet whales. I listed them through reading your interesting posts. If you could provide pictures onf them it could be fantastic.You can do it either sending them to me or just opening a topic on forum. You can also contribute directly on TAI if you wish.
You can see [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] just clicking in this link.
Another idea you're givingn me is about [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. As brands don't use to identify them to species level, we created a single page to all 3 species. As it seems you can identify them to the species level, I can create, with your identification help, a page to each species. I know your Internet access is limited so there's no hurries. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:30 pm

Yes, that's correct, my list was not an intensive study, I just checked species pages on Toy Animal Wiki and listed the older figures of each species I could find
pictured. Though, it confirms the last years of XX century as a period where a boom of species occurred in this hobby.
We already have Larami sharks pictured on TAI thanks to Andreas but not yet whales. I listed them through reading your interesting posts. If you could provide pictures onf them it could be fantastic.You can do it either sending them to me or just opening a topic on forum. You can also contribute directly on TAI if you wish.
You can see [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] just clicking in this link.
Another idea you're givingn me is about [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. As brands don't use to identify them to species level, we created a single page to all 3 species. As it seems you can identify them to the Very Happy level, I can create, with your identification help, a page to each species. I know your Internet access is limited so there's no hurries. Very Happy

OK. I will photograph them individually and in group.
As for saying that the Bowhead Whale was the most important piece Playvisions ever made, I was surprised everyone here took me seriously, while I was just joking, only speaking for my favorite animal. Very Happy Everyone has his/her own favorites and they differ from a person to another.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:51 am

OK. I will photograph them individually and in group.
As for saying that the Bowhead Whale was the most important piece Playvisions ever made, I was surprised everyone here took me seriously, while I was just joking, only speaking for my favorite animal. Very Happy Everyone has his/her own favorites and they differ from a person to another.

Thanks Valerie! About the most important, of course PV bowhead whale is the most important release of the brand for you, we were not expecting other choice from you. Laughing
Did you know that PV released also a large bowhead whale? You can see it on PV 1998 catalogue posted on forum. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:37 pm

And now we know the first fin whale was from 1998 by K&M :)

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:38 pm

My newcomers

Admin

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:19 pm

WOW !!! Four fantastic figures Shocked

I am not evious, - but it is close alien Laughing

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:52 pm

Thank you Susanne :)

Country/State : Potsdam, Germany

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:48 pm

OMG!!! Such beauties! Big big congrats (and yes, a little bit envy of course  Laughing )

Is the brown dog a colour version of the retriever?
Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:30 am

Thank you Beatrice, i will look at home :)

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:17 am

Very nice newcomers Andreas! Congrats! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
widukind

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:51 pm

Thank you Anna :)

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:58 am

Nice additions, specially the pangolin.

congrats. cheers

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:30 am

Thank you Fernando :)

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:29 am

congrats. cheers

Yeah!!!! Wink Wink Wink Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:15 am

congrats. cheers

Yeah!!!! Wink Wink Wink Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Thaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnk yooooouuuuu sooooooooooooooooooo muuuuch!!!

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:26 pm

OMG!!! Such beauties! Big big congrats (and yes, a little bit envy of course  Laughing )

Is the brown dog a colour version of the retriever?

Yes it is a grey version of the golden retriever :)

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:59 pm

The "fregate" (french name) bird is especially remarquable. How do we call this bird in English?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:59 pm

The "fregate" (french name) bird is especially remarquable. How do we call this bird in English?

Frigatebird Very Happy

I hope so much that CollectA will make one some day bounce

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:15 pm

New in my zoo

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:18 pm

Very happy the monkey is in your Collection now Very Happy
Also, Nardien did a very good job on the aye aye!

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:38 am

Thank you soo much Karin :)

Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:56 am

Great additions Andreas Very Happy

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:17 pm

Thank you Kiki :)

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:35 pm

newcomer

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:45 am

Just how many Playvisions animals do you own, exactly?
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Country/State : Michigan, USA

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:51 am

congrats on your expanding PV zoo. :)

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:09 pm

Just how many Playvisions animals do you own, exactly?

Good question, i know only all are in that topic :) So if you want you can count them Wink

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   

Back to top Go down

The PlayVisions animals in my zoo
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next