Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The PlayVisions animals in my zoo

Go down 
+54
NMR_Okapi
pipsxlch
Birdsage
Advicot
rogerpgvg
Megaptera
Kikimalou
NightLioness
Bowhead Whale
Wilorvise
widukind
weaselfan93
LeeAnn
jarda
Froggie
orcagirl26
JonasV
Florian
Tarunyada
ulinuk
Elros Alvar
QuollMate
Geospiza fortis
Saarlooswolfhound
stef1000
ToxicHyena
PeGe
Dorkan
Steve170
scot(t)
Cyhyraeth
ken yeo
SeanieP
xfoxx
BornThisWay
baltimore zoo
smithyboy
schleich61
Ana
jhudstone
Vivien
MrHanz656
lucky luke
skysthelimit
Mastiffcat
STORMnl
WILLYBACOMAN
Sergey
Philter4
landrover
HKHollinstone
Roger
Wildheart
SUSANNE
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

The  PlayVisions animals in my zoo - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   The  PlayVisions animals in my zoo - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 4:31 pm

jhudstone wrote:
The deer is a chital or axis deer.

@ana - Ithere were a couple of great stores in Minnesota that had complete sets; I found the lemurs at the lemur conservancy.

Please please help us. sunny

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   The  PlayVisions animals in my zoo - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 4:33 pm

I also love these lemurs a lot! bom Very Happy Congratulations! :)
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   The  PlayVisions animals in my zoo - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 4:40 pm

widukind wrote:
jhudstone wrote:
The deer is a chital or axis deer.

@ana - Ithere were a couple of great stores in Minnesota that had complete sets; I found the lemurs at the lemur conservancy.

Please please help us. sunny

Yes! bounce is there still any chance to buy them? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   The  PlayVisions animals in my zoo - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 5:02 pm

Roger wrote:
I also love these lemurs a lot! bom Very Happy Congratulations! :)

...I want the lemurs too! They would be nice looking in the my Jungle landscape! cheers Wink Laughing

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   The  PlayVisions animals in my zoo - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 5:55 pm

Oh wow, they are lovely Andreas, I love the Gaur bounce

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
jhudstone

jhudstone

Country/State : USA/Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   The  PlayVisions animals in my zoo - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 6:24 pm

Unfortunatley, they haven't listed them for a long time. That is the only time I have ever seen them. Sad
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   The  PlayVisions animals in my zoo - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 6:45 pm

jhudstone wrote:
Unfortunatley, they haven't listed them for a long time. That is the only time I have ever seen them. Sad

And the other sets! The asian set? Very Happy

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   The  PlayVisions animals in my zoo - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 5:44 pm

the new spectacled bear:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   The  PlayVisions animals in my zoo - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 7:04 pm

Those lemurs are impossible to get. Cristophe has them on his wishlist for years now,and there hasn't been any other coolector other than jhudstone to have them!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   The  PlayVisions animals in my zoo - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 7:16 pm

Wildheart wrote:
Those lemurs are impossible to get. Cristophe has them on his wishlist for years now,and there hasn't been any other coolector other than jhudstone to have them!

I know Sad Sad Sad Sad

Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   The  PlayVisions animals in my zoo - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 10:24 pm

Sad PV didn't make sheep Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   The  PlayVisions animals in my zoo - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 2:18 am

A great example of hobbyists keeping rare animals may surprise you. One of the rarest tropical fish in the world is a cherry barb. It is almost extinct in the wild, there are so few that on some surveys they don't even collect any from the native habitat, yet go to just about any pet store and they are for sale for under $2 and sometimes I see small ones for about $0.99 at the local pet store. A perfect example of an endangered animal that will always be kept in captivity but may well become extinct in the wild. The same thing is true for both species of white cloud mountain minnows. Both are restricted to single habitats in the wild but in pet stores you can go any day of the week and buy them for about a dollar here in the USA.

These are just 2 examples from a very popular hobby, in the exotic pet trade there are just as many, for instance one of the most common pheasants in captivity, the Swinhoe's pheasant, is endangered, but it is so common in captivity that breeders sell them for $60 a pair. Just so you have something to compare that to is an ocellated turkey, which are fairly common in the wild and you can buy permits to hunt them, but are $3500 per pair.

It is totally true what Phil said a while ago about these fish-species. Cool
As some of you know, i do sell tropical fish from my home, and i do have these 2 species in stock most of the time.
They are very cheap to get in wholesale(about 50 eurocs), and are bred in masses in South-East Asia.(thankfully)
In this hobby the fish that is to be found at the most in general in our fish-tanks, is the Kardinaltetra or Red Neon(Paracheirodon axelrodi).
The Indio's in South-America do get about 2 eurocts for 1000 of them, and in the shops it will cost you between 1,50-2,50 euro per fish! Shocked
So breeding them is a good business, and makes them much cheaper, next to the fact that this is better for nature.
At the moment, it is not even allowed to import fish from Brasil at all, which is a good thing i guess...
But it has no use if they are destroying their natural habitats in the jungle around there... Evil or Very Mad

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   The  PlayVisions animals in my zoo - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 7:46 pm

my last newcomer:

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   The  PlayVisions animals in my zoo - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 7:49 pm

widukind wrote:
the new spectacled bear:

Hey ! That is the animal that is supposed to be my soulmate Shocked cheers Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   The  PlayVisions animals in my zoo - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 7:52 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
....But it has no use if they are destroying their natural habitats in the jungle around there... Evil or Very Mad

SO true ! The eternal problem Sad

Very interesting readin, Willy !
If only they had saved the Tasman Tiger etc..at least we kno a little bit more these days.
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   The  PlayVisions animals in my zoo - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 8:12 pm

[quote="SUSANNE"]
widukind wrote:
the new spectacled bear:

Hey ! That is the animal that is supposed to be my soulmate Shocked cheers Laughing Laughing

Why?????????????????????? scratch

Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   The  PlayVisions animals in my zoo - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 3:42 pm

Very nice bears Andreas! cheers

Yes Susanne.
I hope they are able to find some hidden Tasmanian tigers, or at least are able to revive them with gene-technology.
Better then to revive the whoolly mammoth, which is not from this time, although very interesting of course... Laughing

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   The  PlayVisions animals in my zoo - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 4:45 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:

:

Thank you Willy!!

Back to top Go down
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   The  PlayVisions animals in my zoo - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 8:18 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:

Yes Susanne.
I hope they are able to find some hidden Tasmanian tigers, or at least are able to revive them with gene-technoligy.
Better then to revive the whoolly mammoth, which is not from this time, although very interesting of course... Laughing

Willy, to this day, there continue to be fairly frequent claimed sightings of the Thylacine in southern Tasmania, which I understand is relatively unpopulated and pristine. Many believe that this fascinating animal is still extant - let's hope so, anyway... Cool

For what it's worth, in recent years, a number of species thought to be long-extinct have turned out to be extremely rare, but still extant.

Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   The  PlayVisions animals in my zoo - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:21 pm

Here is a species that scientists thought already extinct but it looks it is not! :)
This is related with Darwin and Harriet! :)
See here
Back to top Go down
smithyboy

smithyboy

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   The  PlayVisions animals in my zoo - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 1:10 am

The new museum down at Canberra has some amazing preserved tasmanian tigers, they so cool.
I do hope they can bring them back.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   The  PlayVisions animals in my zoo - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 7:59 am

Wildheart wrote:

Really hard to get but not impossible Minhea !

The biggest problem is I live in Europe and not in the USA. I'm sure some stocks are lost somewhere and maybe they will appear on the market one day. Exactly like a supposed extinct specie which reappear because we didn't know where we need to search.

Remember, the holy and so rare "prehistoric amphibians" Wink . It was so rare I only seen spares for years with incredible prices...
And now, I've got the complete set, you too... so there is still hope cheers

Roger wrote:
Here is a species that scientists thought already extinct but it looks it is not! :)
This is related with Darwin and Harriet! :)
See here

Thanks for sharing Roger Very Happy
It would be cool to find some Tasmanian tigers again drunken
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   The  PlayVisions animals in my zoo - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 12:10 pm

I hope this too Kiki!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   The  PlayVisions animals in my zoo - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 4:00 am

Yes Phil, i know about these sightings, and i really hope they are still there, even better then making them alive again. cheers

That is good news Rogerio about the Tortoise on the Galapagos, because everybody thought, that Harriet in Australia Zoo was the last one that survived.
So a good search down there, and they really needed to find those last ones... Rolling Eyes

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   The  PlayVisions animals in my zoo - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 10:12 am

Do you have a close up of the Lion tail macaque?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The PlayVisions animals in my zoo   The  PlayVisions animals in my zoo - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The PlayVisions animals in my zoo
Page 4 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next