Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2023 Safari African Grey Parrot Walkaround With Comparisons

Go down 
+4
Roger
molla.nasreddin
Kikimalou
Joliezac
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

2023 Safari African Grey Parrot Walkaround With Comparisons Empty
PostSubject: 2023 Safari African Grey Parrot Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari African Grey Parrot Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 6:06 am

Safari's "Wings of the World" collection is one of my favorite lines, so happy to see a new member: The African grey parrot!

As always Safari has done a beautiful job with this new bird cheers

Here he is!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I am very happy with this parrot from Safari. It is a brand new species for my collection! The highlight is the face. It is very detailed and has no sloppiness. The eyes are perfectly painted. I wish the stomach was a lighter tone and that the feet were a darker shade of grey (not the same color as the body), but still a good figure nonetheless.

Again it seems that my only real issue with this figure is the price, it's $8 on their site. This to me is a lot for a small figure, not to mention almost twice the price as many of the older birds on the site. I plan to continue on happily supporting Safari though!

I'm fortunate that I am in the US and a VIP member on their site so I get free shipping and Safari frequently has sales. However, I know Safari can be a lot more expensive overseas. I really hope that one day they will ship to other countries so that other members can afford them more easily.

Now for some comparisons! With Safari's red-crowned Amazon

From left to right: Papo blue and gold winged macaw, Safari red-crowned Amazon, Safari cockatoo, Safari toucan

Safari kakapo, Science & Nature yellow-crowned parakeet, Safari mockingbird

And with a fellow 2023 bird, the Safari great grey owl

Let me know if you would like any other comparisons!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Safari African Grey Parrot Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari African Grey Parrot Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 6:11 am

Love it, love the sculpt, my only complaint would be a too basic painting and the price of course but I'm sure I will catch it when it reachs Europe Very Happy

Thank you for the review Jolie Very Happy
Back to top Go down
molla.nasreddin

molla.nasreddin

Country/State : Iran

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Safari African Grey Parrot Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari African Grey Parrot Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 12:30 pm

Joliezac wrote:

And with a fellow 2023 bird, the Safari great grey owl

Great grey owl is smaller than grey parrot?
It just happens in Safari scale 😅

Thanks for your great photos and comparisons 🌹
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Safari African Grey Parrot Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari African Grey Parrot Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 1:34 pm

Tha'ts most of all a very interesting release. We were all hoping for a grey parrot from one of the major brands. The figure is nice, it does not pairs with the recent Papo birds in my opinion but it is a respectable job. Painting should be better. This figure should average 5 USD, since they ask 8 USD, they should present a more refined finish.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Safari African Grey Parrot Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari African Grey Parrot Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 1:57 pm

Thank you. A large bird figure

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Safari African Grey Parrot Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari African Grey Parrot Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 3:12 pm

Really a must have, I´m very happy that a major brand finally has released this well-known parrot. The scale is fine for me, when you compare it to the other parrots like in the picture. However the price is heavy and I admit, if it wouldn´t be for such a wished figure, I would ask myself if I really would spent so much money...
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Safari African Grey Parrot Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari African Grey Parrot Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 8:52 pm

Thank you for sharing this Jolie. Very Happy:flower:
Beautiful figurine, lacks a little contrast in the painting! Pleasantly surprised by the kea, its size can adapt to other birds. study cheers bounce drunken
Congratulations to safari Ltd Thank you Applause I love you
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Safari African Grey Parrot Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari African Grey Parrot Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyMon Jan 15, 2024 7:37 pm

In english it is only a grey parrot and the other is a own specie the Timneh grey parrot. In German(y)that is a Congo grey parrot. o i hope for a Timneh grey parrot. But both good figures (Club Earth and Safari) are the same specie.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Safari African Grey Parrot Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari African Grey Parrot Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyMon Jan 15, 2024 9:25 pm

The sculpt is great. But I agree with everyone that said that the figure is very bland.
Especially if they want $8 for that figure
For $8, I expect at least a dark/black wash to give the feathers some definition and shine.

(...and whatever is left over from the dark wash can be mixed with the gray paint to give the feet some colour.) silent

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Safari African Grey Parrot Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari African Grey Parrot Walkaround With Comparisons Empty

Back to top Go down

2023 Safari African Grey Parrot Walkaround With Comparisons
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Safari Ltd. :: Safari Ltd walkarounds and reviews-
Jump to: