Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Toymany Puppy Inquiry...

Go down 
+3
pipsxlch
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Toymany Puppy Inquiry... Empty
PostSubject: Toymany Puppy Inquiry...   Toymany Puppy Inquiry... EmptyThu Jan 18, 2024 6:26 am

Ever since I got this set I took some issue with it. The nice part is that these are representing very young dogs, only a few weeks old. At this stage a lot of breeds lack the physical characteristics that make them X, Y, or Z, its something they have to develop as they age. Anyhow, according to the branding, the yellow pup is a boxer (no way!) and the black pup is a dane (technically possible but not my first thought). The piebald dane pup looks correct, and then I included the dalmatian pups (kind of odd looking also but no question what they were intended to look like given the paint). What are your thoughts on them?

new(?) marketing- I don't this was attached to the listing when zi originally bought them.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Pups in question

Alongside some Schleich pups

Then close ups

boxer

dane

dane? (to me it looks like a bully breed)

boxer? (also looks like a bully breed to me)

Dalmatian

Dalmatian

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Toymany Puppy Inquiry...   Toymany Puppy Inquiry... EmptyThu Jan 18, 2024 7:31 am

Congratulations

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Toymany Puppy Inquiry...   Toymany Puppy Inquiry... EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 12:52 am

Yellow 'boxer' no way, it looks kind of like one of the really cobby show bred Labs to me. The solid black pup could be a Dane. The Dals look like just not the greatest sculpts, but okay as Dals. They do look like gun dogs of some sort, which is the background of the breed (yes of course the paintjob leaves no doubt as to ID!).

The Irish pattern red boxer looks good and no doubt as to ID; the harlequin Dane also isn't 100% Dane looking but acceptable as such.

That's how they look to me.
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Toymany Puppy Inquiry...   Toymany Puppy Inquiry... EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 9:36 am

Very Happy Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Toymany Puppy Inquiry...   Toymany Puppy Inquiry... EmptySun Jan 21, 2024 11:59 pm

Interesting they chose to represent such young dogs! I agree that the yellow "boxer" looks like a lab. Not sure about the black one but kind of like the idea that it could represent a mixed breed. I think he might be my favorite, too, his little wrinkles are nicely detailed and look pretty good as young puppy skin. It also looks the youngest to me, so really hard to place a definite breed on.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Toymany Puppy Inquiry...   Toymany Puppy Inquiry... EmptyMon Jan 22, 2024 4:30 am

Thanks everyone. :)

I suppose we will never truly settle on a breed for these but I keep mulling it over... Here are a few more photos.

The thing is that such young pups as these WOULD look sort of generic, as they usually need some maturity to develop distinguishing characters of any X breed. For me, the yellow dog is still too bully breed like for me to be a lab. Its got strong shoulders, a cube shaped head, and a short muzzle. These could be characters for a British lab but not the American ones I am used to. The same goes for the blacl pup, maybe its just the round pot belly that reminds me so much of a pitbull puppy. The harlequin Dane passes for me, though the lips could have been heavier. The only reason I concede Dalmatians for the other two is the spots. If you repainted them I see bully dogs too. Am I just crazy and seeing what I want to see?

Again, realistically these could just enough mixed traits and generalism to pass as several breeds or just as "mutts". I am just curious if the closer shots shed any more light on them. :)

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Toymany Puppy Inquiry...   Toymany Puppy Inquiry... EmptyMon Jan 22, 2024 9:48 pm

@KIKE DOGS, a collector of dogs and a silent member on forum, suggests the yellow and the black as Labradors. The first Boxer is a Boxer as well as those Dalmatians. The Great Dane he tells it is hard to know.

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Toymany Puppy Inquiry...   Toymany Puppy Inquiry... EmptyMon Jan 22, 2024 10:27 pm

I think the yellow pup could pass as a Lab.As you say Paige some of the British show labs can have quite square heads and short muzzles compared to either American or field line labs.

PostSubject: Re: Toymany Puppy Inquiry...   Toymany Puppy Inquiry... Empty

Back to top Go down

Toymany Puppy Inquiry...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Modern companies :: TOYMANY-
Jump to: