Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Birds of prey and owls collection

Go down 
+8
Kikimalou
sunny
lucky luke
Roger
rogerpgvg
Taos
widukind
Andreas9526
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

Birds of prey and owls collection - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birds of prey and owls collection   Birds of prey and owls collection - Page 2 EmptySat 03 Feb 2024, 22:18

Andreas9526 wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

wow, I had no idea there were so many of these birds of prey models by Starlux and Clairet in this scale Andreas. I think I have at least the golden eagle with the wings spread out at an angle.

I think the owl on the tree stump, with the yellow lower feathers is from a particular bird series, but I've forgotten the name?

Have you seen the Timpo eagle in all grey plastic? It's this scale too.

Andreas9526 wrote:
sunny wrote:
bravo and wonderful Andreas! it will be exciting to see these figures join your very impressive displays!
I see you already have a few Britains models there - plus many I have never seen before! I'm curious about that 2nd last photo and it's gems.
In the second last photo, only the two golden eagles at the back and the vulture at the front are from Britains. The rest are from the brands Starlux and Clairet from France.

Andreas9526 wrote:

Deagostini Falcons & Co.
Complete set of 16 figures

Congratulations on your latest 4 figures!

These Deagostini birds are just beautiful. I really love the secretary bird and the lammergeier with their crests and the white feathers. How very rare to see them in flight, so they look exceptionally special.

Where did these birds come from? Was it some special production?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Birds of prey and owls collection   Birds of prey and owls collection - Page 2 EmptySun 04 Feb 2024, 10:29

Thanks for sharing your new additions. I thought I had an extra Opentoys imperial eagle but unfortunately I can't find an extra anymore. I believe I haven't seen one of these in your collection. scratch

Andreas9526

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Birds of prey and owls collection   Birds of prey and owls collection - Page 2 EmptySun 04 Feb 2024, 11:12

sunny wrote:

wow, I had no idea there were so many of these birds of prey models by Starlux and Clairet in this scale Andreas. I think I have at least the golden eagle with the wings spread out at an angle.

I think the owl on the tree stump, with the yellow lower feathers is from a particular bird series, but I've forgotten the name?

Have you seen the Timpo eagle in all grey plastic? It's this scale too.

Andreas9526 wrote:
sunny wrote:
bravo and wonderful Andreas! it will be exciting to see these figures join your very impressive displays!
I see you already have a few Britains models there - plus many I have never seen before! I'm curious about that 2nd last photo and it's gems.
In the second last photo, only the two golden eagles at the back and the vulture at the front are from Britains. The rest are from the brands Starlux and Clairet from France.

Andreas9526 wrote:

Deagostini Falcons & Co.
Complete set of 16 figures

Congratulations on your latest 4 figures!

These Deagostini birds are just beautiful. I really love the secretary bird and the lammergeier with their crests and the white feathers. How very rare to see them in flight, so they look exceptionally special.

Where did these birds come from? Was it some special production?
The owl with the tree stump from Starlux was labelled "Animal Zoo Rena" at the time of purchase. I don't know if that's the name of the bird series.

I had a look at the Timpo eagle, it looks beautiful.

The DeAgostini birds were released in 2017. They are for collecting in small sealed packs. A pack always contains one of 16 figures and a poster with information about the bird. When you buy a pack, you don't know in advance which bird is inside. The figures are rubbery and very soft.  Other animal species have also been produced.
I bought the figures as a complete set via a classified ad site. I think these figures are no longer produced.

Andreas9526

PostSubject: Re: Birds of prey and owls collection   Birds of prey and owls collection - Page 2 EmptySun 04 Feb 2024, 11:18

Roger wrote:
Thanks for sharing your new additions. I thought I had an extra Opentoys imperial eagle but unfortunately I can't find an extra anymore. I believe I haven't seen one of these in your collection. scratch
Right, I don't have an Opentoys imperial eagle yet. I've ordered one in the last few days. It will arrive next week. I will share it later when I have it.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Birds of prey and owls collection   Birds of prey and owls collection - Page 2 EmptySun 04 Feb 2024, 18:52

Andreas9526 wrote:

The owl with the tree stump from Starlux was labelled "Animal Zoo Rena" at the time of purchase. I don't know if that's the name of the bird series.

The maker is InjectA plastic, they produced a few animal series as premium for Rena, Azur, Prior...
Back to top Go down
Andreas9526

Andreas9526

PostSubject: Re: Birds of prey and owls collection   Birds of prey and owls collection - Page 2 EmptySun 04 Feb 2024, 19:03

Kikimalou wrote:
Andreas9526 wrote:

The maker is InjectA plastic, they produced a few animal  series as premium for Rena, Azur, Prior...
Thank you for the information. I didn't know that yet. I've learnt something new.

Andreas9526

PostSubject: Re: Birds of prey and owls collection   Birds of prey and owls collection - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Feb 2024, 10:11

The next addition to my collection:

OpenToys - Spanish imperial eagle
sbabam - Ornate hawk-eagle

K&M Nature Tube Explore the world: North American Adventure
Bald eagle
3x Great horned owl (differently coloured)

K&M Wilderness Nature Tube
Bald eagle
Great horned owl

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Birds of prey and owls collection   Birds of prey and owls collection - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Feb 2024, 15:20

Nice additions again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: Birds of prey and owls collection   Birds of prey and owls collection - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Feb 2024, 19:10

Wonderful Andreas! you got the Imperial Eagle!

all the 3 owls are really lovely, I like their subtle differences too.

What is the lying - flying bald eagle?
Back to top Go down
Andreas9526

Andreas9526

PostSubject: Re: Birds of prey and owls collection   Birds of prey and owls collection - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Feb 2024, 11:00

sunny wrote:
Wonderful Andreas! you got the Imperial Eagle!

all the 3 owls are really lovely, I like their subtle differences too.

What is the lying - flying bald eagle?
The flying bald eagle is from the K&M brand. This is included in the Wilderness Nature Tube.
Compared to the bald eagle in the wiki, my figure has no yellow beak and no yellow claws.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Birds of prey and owls collection   Birds of prey and owls collection - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Feb 2024, 13:37

I'm glad you found the Imperial eagle. This is one of those obscure figures which easily get forgoten forever since they do not belong to an animal themed brand and their availability was basically exclusive to Spain. The species is also rare in toy shape.

Andreas9526

PostSubject: Re: Birds of prey and owls collection   Birds of prey and owls collection - Page 2 EmptySat 02 Mar 2024, 11:00

My new birds from the last two weeks:

AAA Eurasian eagle-owl
ToyMany Bald eagle
Bandai Blue-winged kookaburra
Play Visions Harpy Eagle
Peregrine falcon (brand unknown)

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Birds of prey and owls collection   Birds of prey and owls collection - Page 2 EmptySat 02 Mar 2024, 12:08

It is interesting to see a Blue-winged kookaburra in your collection. Are you moving outside the birds of prey subject now?
Another interesting point is the very well defined earth-shaped dish on your owl. Sometimes I wonder if they want to represent a Bubo virginianus instead or if it is one more versatile mould which is used for both species. The vertical "ears" and the noticiable V shape between the eyes makes it to look a lot like the American species. Though, we have been identifying it as an Eurasian eagle owl.
Is there anything marked on your falcon? Falcons are commonly replicated for action figure sets but this one doesn't look like it is part of one.

Andreas9526

PostSubject: Re: Birds of prey and owls collection   Birds of prey and owls collection - Page 2 EmptySat 02 Mar 2024, 14:35

Roger wrote:
It is interesting to see a Blue-winged kookaburra in your collection. Are you moving outside the birds of prey subject now?
Another interesting point is the very well defined earth-shaped dish on your owl. Sometimes I wonder if they want to represent a Bubo virginianus instead or if it is one more versatile mould which is used for both species. The vertical "ears" and the noticiable V shape between the eyes makes it to look a lot like the American species. Though, we have been identifying it as an Eurasian eagle owl.
Is there anything marked on your falcon? Falcons are commonly replicated for action figure sets but this one doesn't look like it is part of one.

I continue to collect mainly birds of prey.
In addition to birds of prey, I occasionally collect kookaburras, ravens and storks.
There are no markings on the falcon.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Birds of prey and owls collection   Birds of prey and owls collection - Page 2 EmptySat 02 Mar 2024, 18:18

Really good additions, i especially like the falcon. What is the material?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: Birds of prey and owls collection   Birds of prey and owls collection - Page 2 EmptySat 02 Mar 2024, 22:06

Congratulations on your new falcon Andreas! Well done!
I see it is rather large in comparison to your other figures. In the photos it seemed to be a lot smaller.
Is it made of plastic? and what does the base and the rear look like? I am curious:)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Birds of prey and owls collection   Birds of prey and owls collection - Page 2 EmptySat 02 Mar 2024, 22:52

Andreas9526 wrote:
Roger wrote:

I continue to collect mainly birds of prey.
In addition to birds of prey, I occasionally collect kookaburras, ravens and storks.
There are no markings on the falcon.

Thanks! Very Happy
By the way, instead of earth-sahped I should have written heart-shaped. Laughing

Andreas9526

PostSubject: Re: Birds of prey and owls collection   Birds of prey and owls collection - Page 2 EmptyWed 06 Mar 2024, 06:34

I have found out the material of the falcon.
The figure is made of resin. The falcon is probably not a toy figure, but still a nice object for my collection.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Birds of prey and owls collection   Birds of prey and owls collection - Page 2 EmptyWed 06 Mar 2024, 22:44

Sure, actually resin is a material I like. I have among my foxes some made of polyresin, polystone, ceramics, composition, etc.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Birds of prey and owls collection   Birds of prey and owls collection - Page 2 EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 05:55

Thank you

Back to top Go down
Andreas9526

Andreas9526

PostSubject: Re: Birds of prey and owls collection   Birds of prey and owls collection - Page 2 EmptyMon 01 Apr 2024, 09:53

New in my collection:

AAA Hatching Eagle (four different versions)
Hatching Eagle (resin figure by J.C. 1994)
Colorata Philippine Eagle
Colorata Northern Goshawk

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Birds of prey and owls collection   Birds of prey and owls collection - Page 2 EmptyMon 01 Apr 2024, 12:36

Congratulations! It is great to see your collection growing. One of the nice things of this subject is that you sill have a long way to go.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Birds of prey and owls collection   Birds of prey and owls collection - Page 2 EmptyMon 01 Apr 2024, 13:42

Nice additions again

Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: Birds of prey and owls collection   Birds of prey and owls collection - Page 2 EmptyThu 04 Apr 2024, 00:19

Congratulations Andreas, the goshawk is particularly nice indeed!
Back to top Go down
Andreas9526

Andreas9526

PostSubject: Re: Birds of prey and owls collection   Birds of prey and owls collection - Page 2 EmptySun 07 Apr 2024, 10:47

Thank you for the answers to the latest new purchases.

My Japanese goshawk figures.
(Furuta, Kaiyodo, Epoch, Colorata)

This picture was a wish of a member of the Animal Toy Forum.

PostSubject: Re: Birds of prey and owls collection   Birds of prey and owls collection - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Birds of prey and owls collection
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next