Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Friesian comparisons

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
George

George

Country/State : England

Friesian comparisons Empty
PostSubject: Friesian comparisons   Friesian comparisons EmptySun Feb 04, 2024 2:50 pm

I thought I'd take a few photos of the different similar-size Friesians in my collection, so you can see how several brands compare side by side Very Happy

CollectA are 1:20 scale, WIA are 1:18, Mojo say 1:24 but add "(a guide only)", Safari give an average size measurement in cm instead.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Three standing poses - Mojo Fun's Friesian Gelding sculpted by Anna Dobrowolska-Oczko, CollectA's Friesian Stallion sculpted by Debra McDermott, WIA's Niklas sculpted by Brigitte Eberl

The same again, all facing the same way

Two cantering poses - Mojo Fun Friesian Mare sculpted by Anna Dobrowolska-Oczko, Safari Winner's Circle Friesian sculpted by Jane Lunger

Mojo and WIA, to contrast the smallest and the largest!

CollectA and WIA together

I took more pics of this combination, as I think the CollectA is probably the best known brand I have here, and WIA the least familiar, so this might be helpful with showing what a WIA actually looks like in person!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]"

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Friesian comparisons   Friesian comparisons EmptySun Feb 04, 2024 3:20 pm

Those are very beautiful models. When my least favorite is a CollectA it tells how good I think others are. CollectA's is a sport type, isn't it?
I've never read Mojö horses are in 1:24 scale, however, using your pictures and considering the WIA model is accurately calculated as 1:18, Mojö's is 1:22 and CollectA's 1:19. So, considering my method is also not accurate, I'd say those scales are not far from the truth. I must get that WIA model and thanks for all these beautiful photos. Very Happy

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Friesian comparisons   Friesian comparisons EmptySun Feb 04, 2024 5:41 pm

Great comparison and great photos! cheers

George

PostSubject: Re: Friesian comparisons   Friesian comparisons EmptyFri Feb 09, 2024 8:23 pm

CollectA's is notably lighter in the body, so you'd think maybe they're representing the more modern sport type, but compared to WIA's, the legs are thicker and have heavier feathering too. I'd guess this is more like a production decision to favour a more chunky sculpt for playability purposes, where WIA don't market as toys and assume we'll all be teen/adult collectors, careful enough not to need super-strong legs on the models!

For personal-taste-based favouritism, I'd probably go WIA, CollectA, Safari, Mojo Stallion, Mojo Mare - but I do like all of them a lot, so that's not really a best-to-worst ranking for Friesians on the market, all the ones I haven't ever bought would rank below all of these Laughing

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Friesian comparisons   Friesian comparisons EmptyFri Feb 09, 2024 10:54 pm

Actually I assumed it as a sports type because at the time it was released, we used to compare it with the Schleich Friesians and this one is much lighter built than contemporary Schleich models. It is also much taller with longer legs. Though, when compared to the wonderful WIA, it seems just a more realistic approach than the pretty but chubby Schleich. Curiously, the pinto version of this CollectA model is called Barock Pinto. and it is listed among the other Friesians. Should I list it as a different breed? I mean, Baroque Pinto as we can see in this Wikipedia page? study

George

PostSubject: Re: Friesian comparisons   Friesian comparisons EmptySat Feb 10, 2024 12:01 am

Yes, that's a cross breed, so having it with the pure Friesians is incorrect - think of it the same way a labradoodle wouldn't fit in on a Poodle page, once they're crossed they become something else Laughing

Whether you'd rather file it as crossbred/mixed-breed horse, or create a page just for this specific cross, is up to you and how you'd rather the Wiki deals with them. I just had a look at the Horse Breeds category for how it's been done before, and if things like Pintabian get a page - another crossbreed to get pinto colour onto a particular body type - I'd say Baroque Pinto qualifies too. You'd have at least three, cos the CollectA has a matching foal, and the WIA Niklas has a pinto counterpart as well.

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Friesian comparisons   Friesian comparisons EmptySat Feb 10, 2024 12:19 am

George wrote:
Yes, that's a cross breed, so having it with the pure Friesians is incorrect - think of it the same way a labradoodle wouldn't fit in on a Poodle page, once they're crossed they become something else Laughing

Whether you'd rather file it as crossbred/mixed-breed horse, or create a page just for this specific cross, is up to you and how you'd rather the Wiki deals with them. I just had a look at the Horse Breeds category for how it's been done before, and if things like Pintabian get a page - another crossbreed to get pinto colour onto a particular body type - I'd say Baroque Pinto qualifies too. You'd have at least three, cos the CollectA has a matching foal, and the WIA Niklas has a pinto counterpart as well.

Thank you, I opened a page for Baroque Pinto. These two other models are not yet on TAW but now they have a better page to be listed in.

Katy Leven

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Friesian comparisons   Friesian comparisons EmptySat Feb 10, 2024 11:56 am

Such handsome boys (and a pretty girl Very Happy )!

Ironically I don't have any of these models in my collection yet even though I have a good amount of Friesians models already. But one can never have enough Friesians Laughing

Niklas is such a stunner! I love his shiny black coat and his eyes are simply amazing I love you  I think that he will make a good father for the CollectA stallion.

Mojo's mare is also a very nice model but I don't like the gelding so much even though I like standing models. CollectA's Friesian and Niklas just seem to have a little bit more personality than him.

But overall they are all beautiful models!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friesian comparisons   Friesian comparisons Empty

Back to top Go down

Friesian comparisons
Page 1 of 1