Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Where is the Singapore tigress?

Go down 
+4
Kikimalou
rogerpgvg
sunny
Caracal
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

Where is the Singapore tigress? Empty
PostSubject: Where is the Singapore tigress?   Where is the Singapore tigress? EmptySat Feb 17, 2024 7:11 pm

A few years ago, Roger sent to me 2 Britains tigresses to repaint. I added a Singapore imitation. Will you find it now?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Caracal on Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:44 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Where is the Singapore tigress?   Where is the Singapore tigress? EmptySat Feb 17, 2024 8:09 pm

beautiful repaints Alain!!

I believe it is the middle one
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Where is the Singapore tigress?   Where is the Singapore tigress? EmptySat Feb 17, 2024 9:48 pm

They are all equally beautiful. The one in the middle seems a bit smaller, so it may be the Singapore model.

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Where is the Singapore tigress?   Where is the Singapore tigress? EmptySat Feb 17, 2024 10:35 pm

You are right, she is in the middle. I had not noticed this little size difference before seeing these pictures! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Where is the Singapore tigress?   Where is the Singapore tigress? EmptySat Feb 17, 2024 10:47 pm

I think the Singapore model is the one who looks like the others Laughing

Beautiful job Alain Applause
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Where is the Singapore tigress?   Where is the Singapore tigress? EmptySun Feb 18, 2024 3:19 am

Magnífico job, Nice colors.
Congratulations.

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Where is the Singapore tigress?   Where is the Singapore tigress? EmptySun Feb 18, 2024 10:33 am

Low-quality manufacturing has always had more difficulty replicating paintings than sculptures. With your special touch, no quality differences can be seen.

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Where is the Singapore tigress?   Where is the Singapore tigress? EmptySun Feb 18, 2024 10:49 am

Very Happy  Many thanks to you five Annette, Roger, Christophe, Fernando and Rogério!
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Where is the Singapore tigress?   Where is the Singapore tigress? EmptyFri Feb 23, 2024 3:45 pm

Ooops!..  I realised that I forgot to paint the rear paws! drunken I tried to meliorate the facial stripes too (and some others):

.. and here with a brave man (from Starlux):

I noticed that the Singapore muzzle (in the middle) is shorter, what is not so bad! According to me, this tigress Britains model is the better at this scale among the vintage brands.

And a big thank to Roger who offered these Britains tigresses to me!  Very Happy

Last edited by Caracal on Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Where is the Singapore tigress?   Where is the Singapore tigress? EmptyFri Feb 23, 2024 7:34 pm

Wonderful Alain! Sometimes I too miss important body parts when I am painting Very Happy
I love how the faces of each one are so individual, as are their coats. They really do look amazing.

You know, that human is not going to last long - he is dressed like a leopard and the big cats all fight against each other. And what is that red thing in his hand? Is it a fresh spare rib :) (dangerous times!)
I cannot see a happy ending Wink
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Where is the Singapore tigress?   Where is the Singapore tigress? EmptyFri Feb 23, 2024 8:25 pm

Thank you Annette for your kind words! Very Happy

The red thing in his hand is the broken whip handle for he is a tamer! :)
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Where is the Singapore tigress?   Where is the Singapore tigress? EmptyFri Feb 23, 2024 11:04 pm

Beautiful!!! cheers cheers cheers

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Where is the Singapore tigress?   Where is the Singapore tigress? EmptyFri Feb 23, 2024 11:39 pm

Thank you Taylor! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Where is the Singapore tigress?   Where is the Singapore tigress? EmptySun Feb 25, 2024 6:09 pm

Is there a reason that you believe the sitting tiger is a female? I like it, though my favourite vintage tiger is the early-version of the Britains walking tiger.

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Where is the Singapore tigress?   Where is the Singapore tigress? EmptySun Feb 25, 2024 6:54 pm

I think I red  in some catalogs it was a tigress if no, I have no reason! For the males at this same scale I like too the previous Britains model but as I have only one, I don't dare to repaint it. Though, I think I prefer the Elastolin-Ougen one.   :)
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Where is the Singapore tigress?   Where is the Singapore tigress? EmptyMon Feb 26, 2024 10:38 pm

Britains marketed it as "Tiger sitting"; I am not aware they marketed it as a female. Given that they also made a "Tiger walking" it would of course make sense that one was a female and one a male.

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Where is the Singapore tigress?   Where is the Singapore tigress? EmptyTue Feb 27, 2024 8:31 am

I cheked: no carved srotum under the walking tiger Laughing but its thick wiskers are the ones of a male. So..
Back to top Go down
bjarki12

bjarki12

PostSubject: Re: Where is the Singapore tigress?   Where is the Singapore tigress? EmptyTue Feb 27, 2024 1:29 pm

These Britains sculpts are really great, and I love seeing how much more you can appreciate them when you've painted them up so nicely. Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Where is the Singapore tigress?   Where is the Singapore tigress? EmptyTue Feb 27, 2024 9:34 pm

Caracal wrote:
I cheked: no carved srotum under the walking tiger Laughing but its thick wiskers are the ones of a male. So..

Thanks for checking, I was too embarrassed to look Embarassed.

PostSubject: Re: Where is the Singapore tigress?   Where is the Singapore tigress? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where is the Singapore tigress?
Page 1 of 1