Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))

Go down 
+9
Mastiffcat
HKHollinstone
Kristie
Sumo
skysthelimit
Roger
Kikimalou
widukind
SUSANNE
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) Empty
PostSubject: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 3:47 pm

Today i got a package from England, - I do not know how to find words to describe how enormously surprised and happy I was when I finally had removed layer after layer of wrapping, - A DONKEY cheers

But no ordinary donkey, a precious, lovely, old and rare and cute donkey, at least 50 years old ! And as a quite undserved gift from Sue and Lesley !!! Shocked Shocked drunken cheers

I would never have dreamed of owning so precious a donkey cheers

Of course she ( I think it is a she) now stands together with my other old and precious figueres on my "showshelf", but she is by far the most precious, - a gift , and completely undeserved !

But let me show you. It is rather dark here today, so the pictures are not the best, but I can`t wait to show you, so : Ta-daaaa !!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Isn`t she lovely ? Very Happy

Hurrayyy for Sue and Lesley cheers
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 4:03 pm

Wow!!!! CONGRATULATION!!! Very sweet!!

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 4:27 pm

Congratulation Susanne Very Happy A wonderful gift cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 4:48 pm

Precious friends, precious figure, congratulations to all of you! I'm very proud to be a member here! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 5:10 pm

Isn`t is impressive ?
Roger, mee too, - I hope Donkey is happy also Very Happy

And it is so great to share with you cheers
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 5:22 pm

What an amazing gift, congrats cheers

Sumo

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 11:15 pm

What a sweetie and what a lovely gift! Very Happy
I love how these older models, despite seemingly having not very much detail, actually look more realistic and lifelike than many current ones. This one has the most exquisite head of any model donkey I've seen!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 8:05 am

Thankyou Robert and Sumo flower sunny

Sumo wrote:
What a sweetie and what a lovely gift! Very Happy
I love how these older models, despite seemingly having not very much detail, actually look more realistic and lifelike than many current ones. This one has the most exquisite head of any model donkey I've seen!

You are so right, Sumo, there is something very donkey`ish in this figuere Very Happy

Looking at the picture from the shelf, I just realised that there are several, that I would never have got without STS, - one of the little Reisler-men is a gift from Anna Very Happy , the tapir, oryx and striped hyena are from Torben`s collection, and the deer and fox are from a "lot" of mainly Reisler, that Christophe pointed out to me on Ebay cheers
Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 12:28 pm

What an adorable donkey! Congrats Susanne! :)

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 1:01 pm

That is the cutest donkey ever! What a beautiful gift Susanne, congratulations!!! cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 10:35 pm

Adorable! What a lovely surprise, from lovely people! sunny
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 5:00 am

Congrats on your wonderfull gift Susanne!
I think it is made by Hausser Elastolin somewhere in the 1940's or so... Rolling Eyes

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 9:55 am

Thankyou friends, I am awfully lucky and happy cheers

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Congrats on your wonderfull gift Susanne!
I think it is made by Hausser Elastolin somewhere in the 1940's or so... Rolling Eyes

...so this little donekey may be OLDER than me Shocked
Imagine people making a little donkey in a time where Europe was such in a mess drunken sunny
Back to top Go down
castlerigg

castlerigg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 2:22 pm

Susanne and Willy, the donkey is Lineol. Here it is in a bad copy of a copy of a page from a Lineol 1958 catalogue. This mould was used from 1940 to the end of Lineol production, around 1960.

Donkeys from (left to right): Tipple-Topple mould; Lineol 1930's mould; Lineol 1940-onwards mould (Susanne's donkey!); Hausser /Elastolin mould.

This particular donkey came to us with broken and twisted legs. Lesley fixed him up and now he has a good home with Susanne!

castlerigg
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 2:31 pm

Thanks for the info Les and Sue!
I do have some pages of the Lineol and Hausser catalogues, but only with wildlife and so on.
And a copy of the 1935/1936 Lineol catalogue, but this donkey wasn't in there, as it was made later probably.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 1:09 pm

The first LINEOL donkey (the second on the left) was made from 1932 to 1940. Then LINEOL made the other one (third) from 1940 to 1960. Those models are the two last donkey models. Indeed, two different models were made before : One before 1920 and the other from 1920 too 1932. For the older, I guess you could give your right arm to pay one Laughing
Lineol also made a very nice and very rare mule 10 1940.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 1:31 pm

WOW, a Lineol mule also Shocked

And a donkey made before 1920 !!!!

Sadly enough I can`t spare an arm, - it is hard enough to schratch 3 dogs behind the ears with the two arms I have Crying or Very sad Wink

But I am very, very happy with the donkey I have alrady cheers
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 1:52 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 2:14 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
WOW, a Lineol mule also Shocked

And a donkey made before 1920 !!!!

Sadly enough I can`t spare an arm, - it is hard enough to schratch 3 dogs behind the ears with the two arms I have Crying or Very sad Wink

But I am very, very happy with the donkey I have alrady cheers

Laughing lol! affraid Laughing affraid lol! Laughing cheers
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 4:04 pm

Great figure and what a wonderful gift. Wow, an older mule figure, I would love to see a photo of that figure.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 8:25 pm

I am afraid i can't help you on pictures of that mule Phil, but maybe Christophe can, as he has older scans of those catalogues, from which i only have the wildlife pages(1925 and 1937).
And i have a bad copy of the 1935-1936 catalogue.

By the way, good information Christophe! cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 10:46 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
I am afraid i can't help you on pictures of that mule Phil, but maybe Christophe can, as he has older scans of those catalogues, from which i only have the wildlife pages(1925 and 1937).
And i have a bad copy of the 1935-1936 catalogue.

By the way, good information Christophe! cheers

No catalogue Willy, just this book [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Where we could find this Wink

On the top pic you can see the four different Lineol ass.

On the bottom pic, the mule is between the two ass Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 10:56 pm

It is time i buy those Lineol books to, they would help a lot on information on this brand! Cool farao

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 11:25 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
It is time i buy those Lineol books to, they would help a lot on information on this brand! Cool farao

Laughing , in this book , you can also find the biggest fumble I ever seen in a collector book Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 11:35 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

Laughing , in this book , you can also find the biggest fumble I ever seen in a collector book Laughing Laughing Laughing
come on, you have to tell us now! question question question question

To try to learn more about what is talked about on this forum, I have been looking at Lineol figures on ebay, and *swoon* they are breath taking!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) Empty

Back to top Go down

A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next