Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Collection Review: CollectaA and Mojo Coelacanth and Shark

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

Country/State : Ireland

mojo - Collection Review: CollectaA and Mojo Coelacanth and Shark  Empty
PostSubject: Collection Review: CollectaA and Mojo Coelacanth and Shark    mojo - Collection Review: CollectaA and Mojo Coelacanth and Shark  EmptySun Feb 25, 2024 8:28 pm

Figure Brand: Mojo & CollectA

Figure Name(s): Mojo Coelacanth (381050)
CollectA Blacktip Reef Shark (88726)

Sex: Coelacanth- Male
Blacktip Reef Shark- Female

Name: Coelacanth- Caesar
Blacktip Reef Shark- Coral

Year Made: Coelacanth- 2022
Blacktip Reef Shark- 2015

Observations/Thoughts:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I called my Coelacanth Caesar because I felt as he’s an ancient animal, he needs a fitting ancient name. On Caesar the Coelacanth, his colour is a very bright cobalt blue. I do love his brightness as it’s different in my model collection, mostly all the figures I have are in realistic dark browns, creams, blacks and whites etc. but this model is a very bright blue. Not very realistic I think, as looking them up online they seem to be mostly a blue grey to teal blue but I do like the change in colour, though I’d understand if people didn’t like it. He also has white speckles all over and a moulded ridge of scales.
Caesar the Coelacanth’s pose is straight and elongated like any fish, with the body mostly narrow and straight apart from one slight twist of the lower tail. This is done intentionally to replicate wavering through the seas. His tail appears to be swishing, and the pose allows him to stand on his lower underbelly, head upwards with thick fins splayed, keeping him balanced. I love the way he is designed, his pose and stance are very well done.
I don’t have a lot of mojo animal figures but looking at this coelacanth alone makes me think I’ll add a few more of them to my collection, particularly their sea life as I’m now focusing on those at the moment.
I do like this creature a lot and I appreciate mojo doing an animal that’s so interesting and different as I don’t think there are many of his species out there. I think they have sculpted him with great detail to his overall shape, look and stance which looks great; however the bright blue colour might be off putting for some.
Looking them up, they do seem to be a bright shimmery blue in some pictures and then a grey teal blue in others so perhaps Mojo just choose a bright colour to reflect the deep blue tones they can be? They might have been better sticking to a more realistic blue grey, but for me, I find his bright tropical blue very eye catching. He’s easily one of my favourites so far this year and of the sea life.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I called my Black Tip Reef Shark Coral because…well that’s where they live and it seems to suit her, it’s pretty and feminine and I believe in her weird way, she’s a very sweet and pretty looking little shark. Corals colour is a slightly unusual shade of beige, grey brown, almost dark oatmeal in shade, with cream white underparts and her tail and dorsal fins are tipped in black. Altogether, her markings appear very uniform and very in keeping with the realistic look of the animal. CollectA put a lot of effort into her colouring, making sure she does have a lovely beige/oatmeal shade but in keeping with the realism of the animal.
Coral’s pose is a generic, flattened straight fish shape that sea animals tend to come in, as she is a shark, I really don’t expect her to have a greatly differing pose than the ones these sharks adopt in the wild, that is the elongated, torpedo shape of them that I think adds to their slender/elegant look. With that dead straight pose, I can imagine her barreling sleekly through the reefs, the elegant and tapered body shape she’s made with really help to imagine that.
The pose on Coral is great, not much too it as she’s made to accentuate the sleek and narrow body shape most sharks have, but there is a very slight twist to the tail, adding the realistic touch and idea that with a tail swish she can glide effortlessly through the water. Very cool, small looking little shark, a must have to a sea life, shark collection.

Rating: Coelacanth- 5/5
Blacktip Reef Shark- 5/5
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: CollectaA and Mojo Coelacanth and Shark    mojo - Collection Review: CollectaA and Mojo Coelacanth and Shark  EmptySun Feb 25, 2024 11:14 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

Country/State : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: CollectaA and Mojo Coelacanth and Shark    mojo - Collection Review: CollectaA and Mojo Coelacanth and Shark  EmptySun Feb 25, 2024 11:20 pm

Thanks Widukind! :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: CollectaA and Mojo Coelacanth and Shark    mojo - Collection Review: CollectaA and Mojo Coelacanth and Shark  Empty

Back to top Go down

Collection Review: CollectaA and Mojo Coelacanth and Shark
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: General reviews and discussions-
Jump to: