Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

REBOR Dire Wolf "Low Roar" Plain Version Walkaround

Go down 
+3
Saarlooswolfhound
Kikimalou
Joliezac
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

REBOR Dire Wolf "Low Roar" Plain Version Walkaround Empty
PostSubject: REBOR Dire Wolf "Low Roar" Plain Version Walkaround   REBOR Dire Wolf "Low Roar" Plain Version Walkaround EmptySun Mar 03, 2024 4:04 am

When I first heard about Rebor's dire wolf, I was very excited! I was originally going to get one of their smilodons, but ultimately passed on it because of the size and price. However, I don't have any dire wolf figures, so I wanted to get this one cheers I was initially put off by it when I saw in-hand photos, and I decided I wasn't going to get it... Then I saw some more reviews and thought it probably looked better in person so I bought it.

And here it is! I'm glad I decided to purchase this model because it is very nice and holds up to Rebor's usual production quality cheers

This is the plain version. It measures 17 cm long, and 8.5 cm shoulder height.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This figure has 3 interchangeable heads also! This is my first model that has this feature. The seam lines are visible from the side, but not noticeable from the front. I really like this! Here it is with the second head:

The 3rd head:

Then the 3 heads together. The middle one is my personal favorite.

Personally I think this is a great dire wolf model, after all it is my only one! I love when Rebor makes "less popular" species such as this. I hope to support them with further models! I know there was some controversy over this figure, mostly due to it looking different from the stock image. I see what people mean, I was taken aback too at first because Rebor's figures usually look exactly like the stock image. However, the model is still great and doesn't look too dull in my opinion.

Here is the promo pic compared with the in-hand pic

I didn't take any comparison pics because I wasn't sure what to compare it with, it isn't in scale with anything I have... Just let me know what figures you want a comparison picture with if any Laughing

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: REBOR Dire Wolf "Low Roar" Plain Version Walkaround   REBOR Dire Wolf "Low Roar" Plain Version Walkaround EmptySun Mar 03, 2024 5:02 am

Thank you Annette for this beautiful walkaround.  cheers
Like you, I had given up on the Smilodon, not because of its size, but because of its fantastic creature side, I can't believe Rebor's version.
On the other hand, this Dire wolf had caught my eye, but too many reviews on the web led me to give up. Then there was Hornbill Jamie Goés' review, which rehabilitated the model, and now there's your review and photos... You've both convinced me to add this wolf back to my wishlist.
Like you, I prefer the middle head, but it's still nice to have a choice.

This model should be around 1/12 for a large specimen.
Unfortunately, I have no other Pleistocene inhabitants at this scale except the Safari Ltd Giant anteater.
I don't have any gray wolves either, but it might do with the Safari Ltd African wild dog and Coyote (not the WW), the Papo Red fox, the ColelctA Black-backed jackal and K&M Kit fox. Laughing It would be fun too with the Southlands Perentie, the Safari WW Polar bear, the Mojo Komodo dragon and the Mojo Green anaconda. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: REBOR Dire Wolf "Low Roar" Plain Version Walkaround   REBOR Dire Wolf "Low Roar" Plain Version Walkaround EmptySun Mar 03, 2024 5:05 am

Congrats! Mine is on its way to me. Sadly, I can't review it for the blog but I may do an informal one here on forum as I have a lot to say about this model.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: REBOR Dire Wolf "Low Roar" Plain Version Walkaround   REBOR Dire Wolf "Low Roar" Plain Version Walkaround EmptySun Mar 03, 2024 5:29 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Congrats! Mine is on its way to me. Sadly, I can't review it for the blog but I may do an informal one here on forum as I have a lot to say about this model.

I'd love to see it! You are much more knowledgeable about canines Wink

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: REBOR Dire Wolf "Low Roar" Plain Version Walkaround   REBOR Dire Wolf "Low Roar" Plain Version Walkaround EmptySun Mar 03, 2024 5:30 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Thank you Annette for this beautiful walkaround.  cheers
Like you, I had given up on the Smilodon, not because of its size, but because of its fantastic creature side, I can't believe Rebor's version.
On the other hand, this Dire wolf had caught my eye, but too many reviews on the web led me to give up. Then there was Hornbill Jamie Goés' review, which rehabilitated the model, and now there's your review and photos... You've both convinced me to add this wolf back to my wishlist.
Like you, I prefer the middle head, but it's still nice to have a choice.

This model should be around 1/12 for a large specimen.
Unfortunately, I have no other Pleistocene inhabitants at this scale except the Safari Ltd Giant anteater.
I don't have any gray wolves either, but it might do with the Safari Ltd African wild dog and Coyote (not the WW), the Papo Red fox, the ColelctA Black-backed jackal and K&M Kit fox.   Laughing  It would be fun too with the Southlands Perentie, the Safari WW Polar bear, the Mojo Komodo dragon and the Mojo Green anaconda. Very Happy

Interesting suggestions! I may photograph these together Laughing

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: REBOR Dire Wolf "Low Roar" Plain Version Walkaround   REBOR Dire Wolf "Low Roar" Plain Version Walkaround EmptySun Mar 03, 2024 9:12 am

Congratulations

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: REBOR Dire Wolf "Low Roar" Plain Version Walkaround   REBOR Dire Wolf "Low Roar" Plain Version Walkaround EmptySun Mar 03, 2024 11:36 pm

Thank you for this beautiful walkaround Jolie and congratulations because there are so few models for this species! cheers cheers

I prefer him with the second and third heads because on the first one, the muzzle back line is a little convex and gives a fantasy look to him.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: REBOR Dire Wolf "Low Roar" Plain Version Walkaround   REBOR Dire Wolf "Low Roar" Plain Version Walkaround EmptySun Mar 03, 2024 11:57 pm

I really like the figure, it's robust, I'm not sure if it's not excessive for the species, I hope not, I need to read some reviews, but it gives it a more powerful complexion and a more distinct look. It also contributes to giving it a prehistoric appearance. Personally, I prefer the third head, not necessarily because it's the most aggressive, it just seems to me that it contributes to a better balance of the model.
It wouldn't be honest if I didn't say that I prefer what I see in the promotional photo, but that doesn't mean that the figure presented isn't quite attractive.

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: REBOR Dire Wolf "Low Roar" Plain Version Walkaround   REBOR Dire Wolf "Low Roar" Plain Version Walkaround EmptyThu Mar 07, 2024 5:19 pm

This figure is beautiful. it is a good idea that we can change the heads.

Big congratulations. flower flower flower flower

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REBOR Dire Wolf "Low Roar" Plain Version Walkaround   REBOR Dire Wolf "Low Roar" Plain Version Walkaround Empty

Back to top Go down

REBOR Dire Wolf "Low Roar" Plain Version Walkaround
Page 1 of 1